Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Football........you get to see all the other lads cocks in the showers!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamite)
    Football........you get to see all the other lads cocks in the showers!!!
    anyone agree?????????

ReputationRep:
    Running - I used to be a Cross Country runnner, and I enjoy it so I get up every morning at 5:30 and perhaps again in the evening. Depending on the weather obviously

ReputationRep:
    Football and occasionally badminton/squash/tennis. I have my own Rowing Machine which I use a lot, but it's hardly a sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Football and occasionally badminton/squash/tennis. I have my own Rowing Machine which I use a lot, but it's hardly a sport.
    i like playing tennis, but i'm not good (only played about 4-5 times)

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sporty, even though i ripped my hamstring and will be out of action for a little while. I pretty much play any sport i want to when i feel like it. IE if wimbeldons on i will play tennis everyday for a few weeks around it. i do martial arts at least 3 times a week also. I go for a run maybe 3 times a week k and also do weights and train on my punchbag.

i'd say im a bit sport but my brother still insists of calling my "FADDY" LOL :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Done karate for a few years, played squash for the borough, mess about playing cricket in the summer, and I'm training to do some 10m time trials when the cycling season starts again after Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Done karate for a few years, played squash for the borough, mess about playing cricket in the summer, and I'm training to do some 10m time trials when the cycling season starts again after Christmas.
    10 metres? Blimey, how much training do you do for that?

ReputationRep:
    Get up at 6 to go running for 6miles every morning, basketball and volleyball during the seasons, also tennis and hockey and latest addition ice skating!

ReputationRep:
    I love playing sports! I love football the most, followed by table tennis. I play both of these regularly. I don't mind playing in all weathers (though haven't played in snow). I had a practice one afternoon where it was rainy, and the ground was extremely muddy. I slipped twice into a mud puddle, and well and getting mud patches on all my clothes where the ball hit me. Most of my clothes were mud-bathed. My friend was exactly the same, and we had to go one the train like this!
    I like playing badminton, tennis, volleyball, netball... I like playing a lot of things, as long as I don't find them too boring.

ReputationRep:
    Sport is evil. Being made to do it at Secondary School is enough to put anyone off it for life. The last two years weren't too bad - I am okay to good at Hockey and Badminton but SUCK majorly at everything else.

Since leaving, the only exercise I get is from a weekly hour-long swim...

Hopefully, when I get to Uni next year I can attempt some of the less...mainstream sports - archery, korfball etc.

ReputationRep:
    Tennis in the summer,.
    Table-tennis/badminton in the winter.

Plus I do approximately 100 press-ups in total a day, 50 when I wake up, 50 in the evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    Tennis in the summer,.
    Table-tennis/badminton in the winter.

Plus I do approximately 100 press-ups in total a day, 50 when I wake up, 50 in the evening.
    I can't do proper press-ups!

ReputationRep:
    I play loads of sport.I probably do hockey the most(school,club and county) i play 4/5 times a week plus iv got to run on days off. This year im helping out with the junior hockey at school during their games time because iv got free periods.I also play a bit of lacrosse,touch rugby,tennis,basketball and badminton at school.
    And if im not playing Sunday Grandstand rocks. Clare Balding all the way!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I play football all year round it's my #1 sport I play centre forward ... I'm not that fast. More of the Van Nistelrooy type - a poacher. :cool: I played for my college's ... B team. But that was pretty good still! It's the biggest college in Hampshire so .. Yeah.

I also play table tennis. My mum is an ex-national semi-finalist (there's a mouthful!) and I still have yet to beat her, although obviously she's not as good as she used to be.... anyway that is a lot of fun!

I used to play rugby since I have the build for it... but you really need 2 hands to play that (I was born with one hand, hence the username! ). That was quite fun but I prefer football anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Snowboarding 3 times a week (in between 2 and 4 hours at a time) and five a side football once a week (for about 2 hours). I'm hoping on doing more football when I get to uni though as I won't be able to snowboard as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Just wondering if any of you guys consider yourselves to be at all sporty? I was NEVER sporty at school, ever, and now I get up at 5:30 most days to row down a freezing cold misty river at dawn and its great! I feel so much healthier and stonger. What sports do people play, if any?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    sport.........Why on earth would I ever want to do such a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    10 metres? Blimey, how much training do you do for that?

You'd be surprised how fast people can go ten metres on a bike. I dunno, maybe I might enter some 10 mile events as well

ReputationRep:
    Very proud of myself: I've been gettin up early every day for the past 2 weeks to go running. Hell yes I'm sporty... hehe

ReputationRep:
    i play loads, even tho i'm only good at a couple...

badminton, martial arts and croquet are my best sports, and i've tried my hand at rowing, rugby, football, tennis, cricket, basketball etc

it's a really nice feeling having done a proper work out!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.