The Student Room Group

English Paper tomorow, Can you tell me what grade this piece would be?

English Language GCSE

Hey I have done a practice piece for: Inform, Explain, Describe

And was wondering what grade you guys would give it.

THe question was just: Route to school or something.

I exagerrated loads and just like made most of it up.
The stuff in bold was just like names and places I didn't specifically give, because supposed to be anonymous on here. lol

I'm predicted A*, so what grade do you think this is?
Tomorow is the Argue, Persuage or Advise...

The 'Inform, Explain, Describe' is on Thursday
Reply 2
Unknown-User
Tomorow is the Argue, Persuage or Advise...

The 'Inform, Explain, Describe' is on Thursday

I'm on edexcel, apparently inform, explain, describe is tomorow.
Could you guys just say what grade you think it is?
Thanks
xmaidenx
I'm on edexcel, apparently inform, explain, describe is tomorow.
Could you guys just say what grade you think it is?
Thanks

Oh Sorry :/ AQA has Argue, Persuade tomorow =[

Anyways, I doubt I would give good feedback as im hopeless in English :/

Ill read it in a bit though [=
Reply 4
any more people pleasee?
Reply 5
I agree with a B. Okay, so YES of course you want to improve...!!!

In the exam, there is no spellchecker, or right click synonym-er. You have to write accurately. Most importantly, avoid awkwardness... some of the best and most true pieces of originality come from the most awkward ideas! So you MUST master this technique...

You CAN use better language. Your diction is okay, but you can make it MORE engaging...

I don't mean anything, but it's very pedestrian... Make your piece slap the examiner in the face...make it start with a bang, add rhetoric, employ interrogatives, and finish with a 'thing' that will leave a mark. That, is an A+.... Get this done beautifully and accurately, and then embrace yourself for an A*.
Reply 6
janet9
I agree with a B. Okay, so YES of course you want to improve...!!!

In the exam, there is no spellchecker, or right click synonym-er. You have to write accurately. Most importantly, avoid awkwardness... some of the best and most true pieces of originality come from the most awkward ideas! So you MUST master this technique...

You CAN use better language. Your diction is okay, but you can make it MORE engaging...

I don't mean anything, but it's very pedestrian... Make your piece slap the examiner in the face...make it start with a bang, add rhetoric, employ interrogatives, and finish with a 'thing' that will leave a mark. That, is an A+.... Get this done beautifully and accurately, and then embrace yourself for an A*.

Oh okay thanks.
I didn't use a spellchecker or theasaurus because I wrote it on paper and then I copied it onto the computer so that I could upload it on here.
Reply 7
Help. Can anyone else tell me what grade they think it is??
B, I think maybe you added some supercomplex words to look good, but they didn't flow and just seemed like you were trying to impress, not that they expressed what you meant. But a good piece nonetheless

Latest