The Student Room Group
I found it quite tricky because my drawing skills are that off a two year old :o: I did find it amusing though that the question on desks was the style of desk that we use for our exams :teeth:
Reply 2
Yea it was tricky- really messed up the last two, don't know why, usually there ok- just could not work them out! I really hope to do better in the next one :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I loved the desk question, cos I had a desk just like it :P

However, tricky on the whole, and like letsdothetimewarpagain, my drawing skills are poor and half the paper or more was drawing!!!

Luckily i got 97/105 in my coursework :P
Reply 4
Yea, there was a lot of drawing. However the first page was ok but I found the part about assembling the table a bit odd- just did a plan of production..?!
The next is going to have garden tools in..hmm..injection moulding i guess..
Reply 5
Gooner231
I loved the desk question, cos I had a desk just like it :P

However, tricky on the whole, and like letsdothetimewarpagain, my drawing skills are poor and half the paper or more was drawing!!!

Luckily i got 97/105 in my coursework :P

Hehe, even though I do (well, have done - yay!) GCSE art, my drawing skills are awful in DT. I got 100/105 in my CW though, so luckily the pressure isn't on for this pair of exams. I need to average 55% or something like that for A*. :P
Reply 6
Aantttt
Hehe, even though I do (well, have done - yay!) GCSE art, my drawing skills are awful in DT. I got 100/105 in my CW though, so luckily the pressure isn't on for this pair of exams. I need to average 55% or something like that for A*. :P

How do you know this for the A*? We never got told anything and the grade thresholds on the OCR website are poorly shown and dont really tell me anything :P
Reply 7
Aantttt

Wow, you guys did really well in your c/w. I don't know exactly how well I have done- our school don't for some reason. Is it 40% for c/w?
Reply 8
Jazzy09
Wow, you guys did really well in your c/w. I don't know exactly how well I have done- our school don't for some reason. Is it 40% for c/w?

60% Cwk, 40% exam.

Within a few marks of 80/105 or more is an A, as far as I know.
Reply 9
I did industrial technology today and shiiiiish. It was hard and 30 marks worth for drawing, just what I DIDN'T need.
Reply 10
there is no A* for cwk
Reply 11
ajayhp
there is no A* for cwk

I know, its a bit odd. Do you know how you get an A* overall and what sort of mark you require?
Reply 12
Gooner231
60% Cwk, 40% exam.

Within a few marks of 80/105 or more is an A, as far as I know.

So each exam is 20?.. thats brilliant! Hopefully all the stuff I learnt for this one will be in the next one :smile:
Reply 13
Gooner231
How do you know this for the A*? We never got told anything and the grade thresholds on the OCR website are poorly shown and dont really tell me anything :P

I don't know for certain. I know that the whole thing is out of 175 (105 for cw, 70 for exam, that translates to a 60:40 ratio), and in 2006 (? I think), the A* was around 137. I can't confirm that or anything and of course it will be different every year, but it seems to be a decent guestimate.
Reply 14
Aantttt
I don't know for certain. I know that the whole thing is out of 175 (105 for cw, 70 for exam, that translates to a 60:40 ratio), and in 2006 (? I think), the A* was around 137. I can't confirm that or anything and of course it will be different every year, but it seems to be a decent guestimate.

So they UMS up the exam. Bloody typical. :P

Latest