Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

my friend just ordered a Samsung E800 off ebay, it came all fine and to the sellers spec..

the link spec said "never used a 02 card in it" however it unlocked to all networks..

however, a vodafone chip works fine, although when he puts in his 02 chip, the phone mucks around to what other internet sites have deemed "A software problem in the phone.."

He emailed the seller, but the seller said it was in excellent condition, and to none of his knowledge had he known about the software problem.. He also pointed the finger at the choice of sim card...

So: the sellers description was correct, the phone did work on vodafone and orange, but with the 02 chip it mucks around, but my friend has a 02 chip so cant use the phone and is annoyed..

shall he just re list on ebay or does he have some rights of a refund?

_Cr

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the sellers description was accurate. He wrote a disclaimer that he hadn't tried the O2 chip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crunchie)
    hey guys,

my friend just ordered a Samsung E800 off ebay, it came all fine and to the sellers spec..

the link spec said "never used a 02 card in it" however it unlocked to all networks..

however, a vodafone chip works fine, although when he puts in his 02 chip, the phone mucks around to what other internet sites have deemed "A software problem in the phone.."

He emailed the seller, but the seller said it was in excellent condition, and to none of his knowledge had he known about the software problem.. He also pointed the finger at the choice of sim card...

So: the sellers description was correct, the phone did work on vodafone and orange, but with the 02 chip it mucks around, but my friend has a 02 chip so cant use the phone and is annoyed..

shall he just re list on ebay or does he have some rights of a refund?

_Cr
    it seems to be described properly. if there is a fault, its not actually the sellers fault from what you've said. it would be up to your friend to take it up with samsung. however...if the phone wasnt originally unlocked but was say an orange phone, they'd probably tell you to get lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    it seems to be described properly. if there is a fault, its not actually the sellers fault from what you've said. it would be up to your friend to take it up with samsung. however...if the phone wasnt originally unlocked but was say an orange phone, they'd probably tell you to get lost.
    The seller had a recipt of the phone stating it was unlocked to all networks...

-Cr

ReputationRep:
    The seller had a recipt of the phone stating it was unlocked to all networks...

-Cr
    still...it seems to be a known software problem as you point out. nothing the seller can do about that really.

the phone does function and he did mention he hadnt tested all sim cards in it.

i doubt you can really say much against it. if your friend is o2 and its useless for them, they should just sell it on.

ReputationRep:
    only thing is, the seller cud of known it had a software problem, but there is no proof of this ovbiously...

the seller has low feedback, but it is 100%, but has been very puntucal, however he is refusing to give a problem, as he clearly states:

the Phone was in perfect working order...
    _Cr

ReputationRep:
    Best bet is for your friend to just buy a £5 sim card off another network (Orange or someone) and use it in the phone. Sure - he'd have to change number but at least he'd have the phone working!

ReputationRep:
    only thing is, the seller cud of known it had a software problem, but there is no proof of this ovbiously...

the seller has low feedback, but it is 100%, but has been very puntucal, however he is refusing to give a problem, as he clearly states:

the Phone was in perfect working order...
    _Cr
    well like you say...you cant prove he knew. in any case i dont think it would make a difference anyway.

hes sold what he described and it does what it says. if it can take o2 cards due to a samsung software problem, then thats up to them to deal with. not the seller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    well like you say...you cant prove he knew. in any case i dont think it would make a difference anyway.

hes sold what he described and it does what it says. if it can take o2 cards due to a samsung software problem, then thats up to them to deal with. not the seller.
    thanks buddy

ReputationRep:
    wooo hi crunchie, where you beeeeeen?

ReputationRep:
    hey gossip, i just been so so so so busy

but im back now

i have had so much course work, and my sister put a virus on my laptop, so my internet kept crashing!

but im back

how u been?

_Cr

ReputationRep:
    hey gossip, i just been so so so so busy

but im back now

i have had so much course work, and my sister put a virus on my laptop, so my internet kept crashing!

but im back

how u been?

_Cr
    everyone is being horrible to me

ReputationRep:
    aawwwww gawd.. who? let me at em, il go beat em up

gawsh, my poor lil gossip girl

_Cr

ReputationRep:
    aawwwww gawd.. who? let me at em, il go beat em up

gawsh, my poor lil gossip girl

_Cr
    no need to be sarcastic! :eek: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    has his o2 sim card worked in previous phones? if so, which phones?

and also, what kind of software problems occur when it's put it?

ReputationRep:
    yer, all phones, and the software error is:

some times it doesnt connect the call, if it does, then it some time just frezzes, then when sending msgs it just doesnt!

_Cr
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Have you tried googling to see if it's a common problem? Or tried other O2 sims?

ReputationRep:
    it seems to be common problem error on the phone, but the seller says he doesnt have a clue about it

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.