German literature Watch

This discussion is closed.
sugarplumc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What is everyone studying this year for A2 German lit?
I'm doing Dürrenmatt's 'Der Besuch der alten Dame' and 'Ich fühl mich so 50:50' by Karin König. I love Besuch and HATE 50:50!
How are you all getting on?
Madelyn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
fifty-fifty's so bad! We call it "ich fuehl mich so mistig-scheissig" and none of us have actually read it all the way through. Most people produce good coursework from it though, which is why we still study it.
I've just finished (I hope!) my second piece of coursework, on Frisch's "Biedermann und die Brandstifter". I love Frisch! He's so great! And I was looking at the whole Lehrstuck thing, comparing it with Jedermann and the medieval morality plays and so on - great fun. Although our course isn't actually supposed to contain any literature, as it tends to put people off doing an already 'uncool' subject.
Richy Rich$$
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am doing fifty fifty for my exam. Its Ok, but a bit boring and nothing really much happend, its too focused on Sabines feelings. BUt its not too hard to understand and quite an easier book for analysis
looby3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I did Heinrich Boell and 3 of his stories - geschaeft ist geschaeft, an der bruecke and mein teures bein!
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm doing 5050 for my Unit 5 exam. It's not thaaaaaat bad a book - jus kinda iritating - i swear Bine cries in every chapter!! I just can't be bothered with learning an entire book for one exam!!
sugarplumc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Bekaboo)
I'm doing 5050 for my Unit 5 exam. It's not thaaaaaat bad a book - jus kinda iritating - i swear Bine cries in every chapter!! I just can't be bothered with learning an entire book for one exam!!
Yeah Sabine just whines the whole time! It's soooo tedious! Oh well, at least it's relatively short compared to some of the other A level texts I've seen.
kidney thief
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im doing Dürrenmatt's Der Besuch der Alten Dame too.

s'ok, i suppose (sorry, just feelin apathetic atm)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1607)
79.12%
Leave (424)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed