Open University..... Watch

This discussion is closed.
koolkuzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I am considering doing the BSc computing course on the open university website, can anyone give me a bit of insight to this course and could you you also tell me the reputation/ recognition and job prospects of this course with employers when in comparison with other universities.
Thanks.
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by koolkuzz)
I am considering doing the BSc computing course on the open university website, can anyone give me a bit of insight to this course and could you you also tell me the reputation/ recognition and job prospects of this course with employers when in comparison with other universities.
Thanks.
The Open University has one of the best reputations of any UK university and is (if i remember rightly) ranked ahead of Oxford for teaching quality. For obvious reasons it cannot be compared with others through the usual university tables but for teaching and research it is firmly in the top 10.
jjr14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I talked to a career's advisor about studying with the OU and he said that if an employer is up to speed on what it is, how it works and the commitment and discipline for succeeding with it, he is just as likely to employ you or even more likely to employ you than another aplicant. However, if you wanted to do something like law or medecine a campus uni would be better. go to one of the open days at your regional centre, they are really helpful and you can look at all the course materials and study plans.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads