Turn on thread page Beta

Unsuccessful Applications.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would peeps like to take their time to vent out any anger at those universities who made a grave error in not offering them a place.....

ReputationRep:
    please reply someone ......

ReputationRep:
    I would but no uni has yet turfed me...

ReputationRep:
    which is easier to get into these days, oxford or cheating, ripping off, cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Not really the only uni which didn't offer me a place was LSE - so it's not really a big deal.

I was angry at myself though as if i had worked a bit harder in maths i could have raised my B to an A, and been at Oxford now.

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding Essex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    How are you finding Essex?
    I'm enjoying it thanks nylex - certainly the workload is much lighter than it would be at Oxford, and though some of it seems a bit easy, Essex is still a pretty good university (top 10 for Economics, dosn't fair so well for maths though) and I enjoy it here.

How's birmingham going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I'm enjoying it thanks nylex - certainly the workload is much lighter than it would be at Oxford, and though some of it seems a bit easy, Essex is still a pretty good university (top 10 for Economics, dosn't fair so well for maths though) and I enjoy it here.

How's birmingham going?
    That's good. I like it at Birmingham.. not sure where it ranks for Physics, but the course is decent (a few things annoy me about it, but oh well). We've started doing Relativity and something else that's quite heavy in Quantum Mechanics. The Maths isn't too bad (at the moment anyway!).

ReputationRep:
    stupid exeter, not good enough for them hey? i've had higher offers than exeter accepted but still......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    stupid exeter, not good enough for them hey? i've had higher offers than exeter accepted but still......
    what course???

poor you...

dont think our post makes sence thou..

love KAty ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Would peeps like to take their time to vent out any anger at those universities who made a grave error in not offering them a place.....
    I rang up two admissions tutors and asked them to reconsider. They have agreed and upon production of a (second) reference that basically says how good I am (ahem!) they will (hopefully!) make me an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    KINGS COLLEGE LONDON: well i dont wanna vent out my anger on KCL cos they rejected me. but they sent me the wrong letter :mad: i was really happy, tellin everyone i knew, then i went onto the UCAS site to check wot grades they wanted and when i signed in it sed unsuccessful. i was confused so i called them the next day and told em bout the problem. the lady checked on the computer and sed that ucas was right and i was never accepted. my college's complained and they put me at the top of the list in case there's any clearing places, but i doubt that'll happen. really pissed me off!

ya see its not jus the rejection, its the complete failure of the system. one guy said: if they cud mess up the admissions like that, imagine wot cud happen to my degree
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    I rang up two admissions tutors and asked them to reconsider. They have agreed and upon production of a (second) reference that basically says how good I am (ahem!) they will (hopefully!) make me an offer!

Hey may i ask what u said to them? What university was this and course? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chima)
    KINGS COLLEGE LONDON: well i dont wanna vent out my anger on KCL cos they rejected me. but they sent me the wrong letter :mad: i was really happy, tellin everyone i knew, then i went onto the UCAS site to check wot grades they wanted and when i signed in it sed unsuccessful. i was confused so i called them the next day and told em bout the problem. the lady checked on the computer and sed that ucas was right and i was never accepted. my college's complained and they put me at the top of the list in case there's any clearing places, but i doubt that'll happen. really pissed me off!

ya see its not jus the rejection, its the complete failure of the system. one guy said: if they cud mess up the admissions like that, imagine wot cud happen to my degree

Wow, that's appalling! If they were prepared to take you through clearing then they should offer to reserve a place for you next year. Even if you don't want to wait, I reckon that would have been a fairer response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chima)

Ah, that sucks Chim. What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Hey may i ask what u said to them? What university was this and course? Thanks
    Newcastle and Leeds for Law.

Basically I said that as I am doing 2 "A levels" in one year my college could not really give me a good academic reference predicting I would achieve the grades required to go to a top Uni since I only started in September.

They have agreed that if I send a sample of work and a new reference now I am nearly 1/3 of the way into the course they will reconsider.

ReputationRep:
    UCL rejected me for History, I don't know why. They want AAA-ABB and I am predicted AAA in all the right subjects, have a glowing ref and a personal statement that shows how much I love History. I might ring up and ask for a reason, what do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    UCL rejected me for History, I don't know why. They want AAA-ABB and I am predicted AAA in all the right subjects, have a glowing ref and a personal statement that shows how much I love History. I might ring up and ask for a reason, what do you reckon?
    theres no harm !

ReputationRep:
    Ms Grice politics teacher was on about how some guy from WOodhouse got rejected with 4As's grade A onto LSE for political science courses (not sure which 1) she goes they look at international applications more coz theyre about pure money whereas UK applicants all pay the same standard fee...

ReputationRep:
    I thought it may be because i got a B at AS History, because 6 other people from my school have interviews

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.