That's it! It's done! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Farid Daim
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
It can't be reversed... I just replied to UCAS about my university choices.

Course: Architecture (K100)
Firm: Nottingham
Insurance: Cardiff

The excruciating process of deciding which university to go to is over but why am I not feeling happy? *sigh* I hope I am taking the better option. Nottingham better be the place for architecture! or I'll regret it for the rest of my life..

Now I have to face the hassle of applying for accomodation, and my A2 exams starts in 10 days. Wohoo! I'm excited.
Freeway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
dont be worried, nottingham is a really good university, i applied there to do maths, and if i get the grades and i cant wait to go there!
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You made the right choice. Both uni's you chose is good. No matter what you do, you can still go to your insurance choice, which is good.
tdg1986
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do you realise that if you don't meet your first choice grades then you won't meet your second choice grades? If you have to get AAB for Cardiff then these same grades would get you into Nottm?
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I don't really get that! Isn't your insurance offer meant to be, obviously your second choice uni, but also exactly that; 'insurance'? Ie. the grades are lower, or the same? *shrugs*. Well done on deciding anyway.
Farid Daim
Oh that.

Since Nottingham asked for grade B in specific subjects (physics AND economics), there is still a chance that I will not meet Nottingham's requirements but satisfy Cardiff's.

which in the case where I get AAAC and C for physics or economics.

make sense?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And there's also the possibility that one will be more flexible than the other
Farid Daim
Heh. True.

But if I couldnt meet Nottingham's requirement of BBB, I wont even have the face to go there. I'll runaway to Cardiff!

Nottingham is freaking weird. I notice it gives away low conditional offers, but end up having high average A Level entry. It's so misleading. When I first got the offer, my first impression was 'this must be a bogus university'.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (868)
80.07%
Leave (216)
19.93%

Watched Threads