The Student Room Group

Tips to get rid of spots overnight?

Scroll to see replies

sulfur paste - i've used one from malin & goetz that fades the spot super fast. tea tree does nothing for me sadly.

but make sure to exfoliate 1x a week to help heal and prevent new spots
Original post by pina.Love
I have a really huge spot on my face. Its itchy and i want to get rid of it i want it to be smaller by 2mro morning.

Any tips?

Thanks

===
Here are some of the top spot-defeating tips offered in this thread so far...
===
(Community team update)

"Sudocrem is very good... toothpaste also kind of works," says littlemiss-sunshine

"Try Savlon...it kills the bacteria or something...they disappear overnight...no kidding," says girlmechanik

"Grab a couple of aspirin, dissolve/crush them in a bit of water until a paste is created then apply the paste to your face," says fabulous_darling

"Tea-tree oil is amazing," says AccioJellyBean

"I know this sounds weird but white vinegar is really good on spots, obviously not near the eyes," says charcharchar

"Germolene! Smells weird but works amazingly," says littlechinagirl

"I used toothpaste but it got quite annoying after a while, now I use black tea," says james93parsons

Or scroll down for lots more...

use products that have salicylic acid. its a dehydrating agent so it will reduce the size of the zit immediately. I'm sure you could get it in any medical store.

Cheers!
Original post by pina.Love
I have a really huge spot on my face. Its itchy and i want to get rid of it i want it to be smaller by 2mro morning.

Any tips?

Thanks

===
Here are some of the top spot-defeating tips offered in this thread so far...
===
(Community team update)

"Sudocrem is very good... toothpaste also kind of works," says littlemiss-sunshine

"Try Savlon...it kills the bacteria or something...they disappear overnight...no kidding," says girlmechanik

"Grab a couple of aspirin, dissolve/crush them in a bit of water until a paste is created then apply the paste to your face," says fabulous_darling

"Tea-tree oil is amazing," says AccioJellyBean

"I know this sounds weird but white vinegar is really good on spots, obviously not near the eyes," says charcharchar

"Germolene! Smells weird but works amazingly," says littlechinagirl

"I used toothpaste but it got quite annoying after a while, now I use black tea," says james93parsons

Or scroll down for lots more...

mario bedscu is quick but bad for you not to mention expensive and has a history of posonous ingredients such as steroids
whats important is to not pop it as it causes scarring that doesnt fade in a long time
try calamine lotion it will gently dry it out without penetrating the skin barrier plus is super cheap and reliable can be found in pharmacys (i got mine from boots)
most things in this list isnt good and drys out the skin too harshly
Original post by littlemiss-sunshine
Sudocrem is very good... toothpaste also kind of works - dries the spot up so it's not so red. Or witchhazel stuff if you happen to have any

I second!
I personally have a lot of success with pure rosehip oil, pure argan oil for acne. I buy them from queen of oil, but you can get these oils anywhere..

queen of oil do a skin repair oil which contains both of the above oils, and tea tree, neroli and few others, its a really nice oil.

otherwise i also reccomend drinking nettle tea, keeping your diet good and also doing steam/sauna as much as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending