Turn on thread page Beta

Clingyness watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    I like a girl who can manage without me, but doesn't particularly want to.
    Haha, well put

ReputationRep:
    Clingy? Yeah i like to feel wanted. Not so clingy that you cant do your own thing though. Ohh no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza)
    affectionate is good. calling/texting constantly and hugging constantly is NOT good. it's different if you're watching a film and snuggling or whatever. but pda's are the worst thing ever and really embarrassing. a guy i was with used to try to hug me or kiss me in practicals, omg i hated it so much.
    Grrr, there are a few couples who snog and stuff in lectures, it's just so unnecessary! One of the guys who comes sometimes with his gf doesn't even DO Pathology!

Actually, I hate constant texting/phoning/e-mailing more than I'd hate someone who tried to hold my hand etc the whole time (unless it was lectures/labs, in which case they'd find Gilson pipettes in places they never thought possible). I like my independence

ReputationRep:
    i text my bf every evening that i dont see him, really long texts.and i call him quite often, but seems he doesnt leik me

ReputationRep:
    No I hate it and have been put of some otherwise good girls just because of this... I can't stand it they more they try the less I start to care. Hard to get is annoying too.

FOrtunately I find 90% of girls can strike the righht balance..

ReputationRep:
    I don't like clingyness. Then again i dont like it when they are distant either. I think a reasonable amount of clingyness from both people is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raziel)
    Hi well i was thinking ill ask girls what they think,pretty straight forward do girls like it when men are clingy?I am very clingy i like hugging 24/7 and kiss at any possible time but it strikes as some girls dont like stuff like that i just wanted to know what more preferred clingy or not clingy? :rolleyes:
    Well, hate really clingy, but you need some kind of balance. Like nothing at all is hurtful, but too much, is just... too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inverurie Jones)
    I like a girl who can manage without me, but doesn't particularly want to.
    good answer

ReputationRep:
    i hate clingyness- it is very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    How clingy is... clingy?

Say you've been going out with someone for two months. A couple of texts (literally, two will do) per day, maybe a phone call if you're organising something. If you're in the common room or whatnot, play pool together and sit with each other. Snogging not necessary, arm around shoulders acceptable. Don't have to sit next to each other in classes, in fact probably bad idea, but a couple (literally, two will do) of sweet looks across the room is ok. Don't wait outside of toilets for each other (this is just creepy).

Specific, but it works... sort of.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like public displays of affection, or extreme jealousy. But it's lovely to feel wanted and desired. My perfect situation would be sitting in a pub/restaurant with a boyfriend, not kissing because we know it would be rude in front of our friends, but in the full knowledge that that's what he wants to do, and it's all he's thinking about.

Not demanding at all, no...

ReputationRep:
    I find that as with all other things in life, moderation is the key. Sure PDA's shouldn't be banned and it is acceptable to show some afection, but moderation is the key. Same with clingy'ness' (is that even a word?) Sure its nice to hear from your partner but I don't find it necessary to send more that a few texts a day and a phonecall every week or so. We live at least a hundred miles apart at all times but we are as strong as any relationship can be even without constant contact. It makes the contact e do have all the more valuable.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like Clingyness and being around my other half (when I have one) constantly, I like being independant and I like alone time.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.