Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think that there will be a nuclear attack soon?

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    No.
    Why?
    If he starts asking to take bets I'd report him to the CIA as possibly being Kim Jong Il :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hopefully Korea will blow up some *****y country like Poland for the rest of our amusement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Yeah hopefully Korea will blow up some *****y country like Poland for the rest of our amusement.
    hehe. What's wrong with Poland? I'm sure the Polish don't think it's *****y.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    I'm sure the Polish don't think.
    Edited for truth.

ReputationRep:
    I've got quite a lot of Polish genes in me. What have you got against the country of my ancestors?

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing against Poland per se. Its just a running joke I have with my Polish friend. She cusses my American roots, I remind her she is a peasant who lives in a mud hut. There are many *****y countries who could benefit from a nuking, Poland just jumped out for that reason.

ReputationRep:
    ok fair enough. Anyway I can't really defend Poland as my great-grandparents (on both sides of the family) decided to move to Russia a little while before the revolution. Not very clever.

ReputationRep:
    I just heard two sonic booms outside. Oh well, there goes Newcastle...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, just nuke Glasgow or Wales. Solves all the UK's problems in one. Sheep no longer have to run for their virginity, and the rest of us Scots now longer have to put up with those annoying Glaswegian accents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I just heard two sonic booms outside. Oh well, there goes Newcastle...
    oooh you just brought on an attack of nostalgia. I remember growing up in a Russian town near a military flight school and hearing about 10 of those every day... I miss that slight fear of a decrepid soviet mig-21 suddenly crashing into my house.

ReputationRep:
    My reports tell me that there's recently been an attack in Hiroshima

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Waddell)
    Nah, just nuke Glasgow or Wales. Solves all the UK's problems in one. Sheep no longer have to run for their virginity, and the rest of us Scots now longer have to put up with those annoying Glaswegian accents.
    Whit ye sayin', pal. Yer after a ****in' chibbin' a wee prick.

If Glasgow was nuked, I'd have no where to go out drinkin'. Can we just nuke Easterhouse etc... they serve no use to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    its highly unlikely, as stupid as america is they wouldn't nuke noone...russia have no interest in killing anyone, korea (north or the south...i can never remember) is only still in one piece due to china. Everyone else has shunned them and no trade means no money. And china...hmm well i just doubt it. At worst some terrorist will set off a dirty bomb in a big city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilb)
    its highly unlikely, as stupid as america is they wouldn't nuke noone...russia have no interest in killing anyone, korea (north or the south...i can never remember) is only still in one piece due to china. Everyone else has shunned them and no trade means no money. And china...hmm well i just doubt it. At worst some terrorist will set off a dirty bomb in a big city.
    Damn these peaceful times!! How are we supposed to get rid of all those provincial cities (ie anything that isn't London) if the world is such an annoyingly safe place to live in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bilb)
    You forget India and Pakistan, who might very well use nukes against each other. Israel might use nukes if its existence is ever in danger. And of course France might get nervous and use nukes if it's ever invaded by Andorra, Monaco, or Luxembourg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    You forget India and Pakistan, who might very well use nukes against each other. Israel might use nukes if its existence is ever in danger. And of course France might get nervous and use nukes if it's ever invaded by Andorra, Monaco, or Luxembourg.
    You are right, France would never risk pitting its army against all 20 of Andorra's soldiers.

ReputationRep:
    very unlikely imo.

North Korea are pushing their luck however, they fired a test missile over Japan, i mean christ, if you want to piss your more powerful neighbours off...

ReputationRep:
    it wasnt OVER Japan. It fired to the sea between Korea and Japan.

they have 6 nukes according to US, and they are preparing for an Nuclear test.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.