The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
"There is nothing wrong with using the English language properly!"

IN THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES! :biggrin:
anisah
If thts ur opinion I suggest u go through each thread u read and shoot everyone who txt speaks-how enjoyable ! :rolleyes:

Not many people do it to excess. Your type I can cope with. But please.....changing every single damn word just for the bloody sake of it?

It drives me mental.

*gets shotgun*
Reply 22
I dnt feel the need for u to cope with me! But anyway each to thier own :biggrin:
anisah
"There is nothing wrong with using the English language properly!"

IN THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES! :biggrin:

In any circumstances. The English language is a beautiful thing. It is rich, colourful, varied, and more than adequate as a means of communicating any given situation.

This person just knew that a thread saying, "Umm, so, hi everyone, how's the revision going?" would be utterly boring. However, the trick is to make your content interesting, not your "artistic interpretation" of perfectly good words!

:mad:

*calms down*

*a bit*
Reply 24
susiemakemeblue
In any circumstances. The English language is a beautiful thing. It is rich, colourful, varied, and more than adequate as a means of communicating any given situation.

This person just knew that a thread saying, "Umm, so, hi everyone, how's the revision going?" would be utterly boring. However, the trick is to make your content interesting, not your "artistic interpretation" of perfectly good words!

:mad:

*calms down*

*a bit*

Fair enough but I feel there are circumstances when "txt type" is acceptable, such as General Chat.

*also calms down a bit*
anisah
Fair enough but I feel there are circumstances when "txt type" is acceptable, such as General Chat.

*also calms down a bit*

Like I said, the occasional word, fine. But changing every single word just for the sake of it is not cool. You might as well just write "I am an idiot, kill me" and save yourself the time it takes you to think of a creative spelling. People say they do it for convenience, but that's rubbish. It's actually easier just to type the whole word than it is to work out how to avoid typing the whole word.

Lyke dis. <--- you look like a moron and you've saved yourself exactly one character. Whoopee. :rolleyes:
Reply 26
I hear capital punishment is being considered............... :rolleyes: !
The morons have been warned.
Reply 28
:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:
Reply 29
not bad, but a little behind in ma work, why is it that when you are new at a school that everyone else has their group of friends that they study with and somehow you have to find you own as well as trying to fit into the clicks and not stand out like steak in a vegetearian bar!, Its real hard, so cut some slack for the new comers and include them in your studya nd activities cos it sux real bad being left out :mad: :mad: :mad:
laFleur
not bad, but a little behind in ma work, why is it that when you are new at a school that everyone else has their group of friends that they study with and somehow you have to find you own as well as trying to fit into the clicks and not stand out like steak in a vegetearian bar!, Its real hard, so cut some slack for the new comers and include them in your studya nd activities cos it sux real bad being left out :mad: :mad: :mad:

yo wassup?hw u doin?yeh i knw wot u mean i m new 2 n stared dis thred n all these nxt fools jus started stressin coz of txt talk..wot idiots innit?so wassup??

btw if anisa dnt wrry aint refferrin2ya..thnx 4 da backup yday!Lol
Reply 31
no problem and welcome to TSR :biggrin: :tsr:

Latest

Trending

Trending