(Original post by Iluvatar)
    Sorry, it had to be said...

Did it? Did it really?

ReputationRep:
    i have x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moloktis)
    isnt it supposed to be cleaned first???
    It was filtered through a sort of sieve thing to get rid of the foam. That was it, I think.

ReputationRep:
    i have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gonnabavet)
    Did it? Did it really?
    Yes, and it was my duty, as a mature person, to say it before someone else lowered the tone with it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yes, and it was my duty, as a mature person, to say it before someone else lowered the tone with it...

Ah, then I should thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, it's supposed to be pasteurised isn't it? :confused:
    If you want to keep it from going off for a long time you can pasteurise it to get the boring supermarket milk. But fresh milk isn't harmful, although I don't think you can give it to babies 'cause their immune system can't take all the "friendly bacteria".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    If you want to keep it from going off for a long time you can pasteurise it to get the boring supermarket milk. But fresh milk isn't harmful, although I don't think you can give it to babies 'cause their immune system can't take all the "friendly bacteria".
    You can get Malaria from unpasturised cows milk :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, it's supposed to be pasteurised isn't it? :confused:
    It doesn't have to be no. Before pasteurisation was invented do you think they didn't drink milk? It is just a safety precaution, to get rid of any bacteria that may have been introduced between milking and bottling. Straight from the cow is pretty safe though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMM)
    It doesn't have to be no. Before pasteurisation was invented do you think they didn't drink milk? It is just a safety precaution, to get rid of any bacteria that may have been introduced between milking and bottling. Straight from the cow is pretty safe though.

Fair enough. I don't drink milk anyway, but yeh, good point about the days before pasteurisation. Duh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    You can get Malaria from unpasturised cows milk :eek:
    Perhaps if you live in Africa somewhere but the Ukrainian (or any European) countryside isn't known for its malaria infested cows.

ReputationRep:
    mooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Ah, then I should thank you!
    Yes, of course

ReputationRep:
    sry, had to say it

ReputationRep:
    I've milked a goat.

Not very well, but I did it.

ReputationRep:
    Ive spent hours milking sheep! (im not joking when i was lambing we would have to milk ewes of excess colustrum or colostrum to tube back to the lambs if they werent feeding)

ReputationRep:
    ive milked a snake

ReputationRep:
    Of course I've milked a cow. I've milked thousands of cows.
    And this Friday I am getting to milk a goat!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flawless)
    This question may seem random but i just wondered what its like, mayb coz am slightly wierd. But i don't think i wud like 2 do it, its just so very very wrong.

I drink milk though.
    I once helped my sister out in the milking parlor at her college and did a bit of milking before the machines took over.

ReputationRep:
    I one saw a cow.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.