The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah, it was quite easy, I just run out of time and didn't get to finish it properly - lots of other people said they rushed it too. Did you find time a problem? Really nervous about the other paper :l need to do some serious revision! x
Reply 2
I found the paper okay...but apparently I have lost 4 marks because of the transnational industries....I chose Fiat, Brazil...but people were saying it was Bracknell?
By any chance do you remember the questions for all three case studies?
Reply 3
Bracknell: location of high tech industry and factors making it go to that place
Reading: Housing and INdustry zones characteristics
PnG: Sustainable development in rainforest

NO it is not Fiat it was bracknell because Hi-tech industry. it was specific but dont worry it was 4/84 marks and you may get a few
Reply 4
Oh, I had the DME paper - are you doing a different spec? sorry! x
Reply 5
Ohh I had studies that as well...i guess I just rushed it due to time issues so I didn't read it properly?
Reply 6
lola1993

LOL same I ran out of time too:eek: I thought it was pretty okay, however I know I have lost 6 marks as I didn't finish the last question, and niether did I do the stupid graph in which you had to complete.
I need an A* for this subject!!! I got A* on cwk; I probz got like an E.
Reply 7
yeah i hate wet rice farming. the map was ridiculous. That family: a bit crazy and certainly OTT. The country one went in order plymouth, frankfurt, kiev/krakow cant remeber which one was first with kiev or krakow but the order of the temperatures it went in winter 6,0,-5,-7 so you just put them in order. The further the country away from the sea the colder.
the two bodies of water were ----- tarn and Edgleware lake or something like that.
Reply 8
Yeah OTT is right :| my table was such a mess with the map resource booklet and test paper....
Ah yeah, i knew that but i got confused cause of the water shown near the 4th one? oh well, it wasnt too many marks...
Oh, i put blea lake and butt something :s uh oh...
Reply 9
LOL same I ran out of time too I thought it was pretty okay, however I know I have lost 6 marks as I didn't finish the last question, and niether did I do the stupid graph in which you had to complete.
I need an A* for this subject!!! I got A* on cwk; I probz got like an E.

yeah, i'm also hoping for an A*, and i already got A* in my coursework. i worked it out, and i still think i got about 83% - if i got questions 1-5 correct - i left most of question 6 :frown:
oh, i did the graph but i haven't seem once like it before - was quite easy to complete aswell! :smile:
Reply 10
huggy_d
Bracknell: location of high tech industry and factors making it go to that place
Reading: Housing and INdustry zones characteristics
PnG: Sustainable development in rainforest

NO it is not Fiat it was bracknell because Hi-tech industry. it was specific but dont worry it was 4/84 marks and you may get a few

I heard from others that they put for Fiat as well..they said it could be because the question said..or an industrialised area
You can't talk about this exam until 4.30 AM
Reply 12
I know...i spent most of my time fighting with the OS map instead of trying to answer the questions...lol
Do you know if anyone has the answers to the exam paper?
Reply 13
lola1993

I did the same DME about population change and net migration etc.
Did you find it slightly rushed? x
Reply 14
Does anyone have the mark scheme to this paper?
chadz
I did the same DME about population change and net migration etc.
Did you find it slightly rushed? x

i did that DME, a lot of people said that they were rushed for time and think should of been a hour and a half not 1.15, i finished it but was a bit rushed at the end :/ x
Reply 16
same x
can anyone link me to the geography 2009 paper please?. or message me privately or smon

Latest

Trending

Trending