Internships for psychology

Watch this thread
username34965
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hey!
Im looking for internships in psychology or even something related to psychology?
Im interested in neuropsychology.

Cheers Kels!
booraad
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kels488)
hey!
Im looking for internships in psychology or even something related to psychology?

Cheers Kels!
http://www.headway.org.uk/sitePages....1359&navID=129
pancake13
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Hey,
I'm looking for an internship this summer, either in social or clinical psychology, and possibly in research. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Danielle
Angel2011
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Hiya

I am also looking for an internship, in forensic/clinical psychology, any ideas would be appreciated!

Angel
GodspeedGehenna
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pancake13)
Hey,
I'm looking for an internship this summer, either in social or clinical psychology, and possibly in research. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Danielle
(Original post by Angel2011)
Hiya

I am also looking for an internship, in forensic/clinical psychology, any ideas would be appreciated!

Angel
Internships in Clinical Psychology don't really exist except for placement students as part of their undergraduate degree. Ditto for Forensic Psychology.

Social Psychology is pretty much entirely research based. There are summer research schemes but again these are generally reserved for undergraduate students and places are competitive.

To be honest, I think that Psychology departments should open their doors to sixthform volunteers/interns. I would love to have a sixthformer to teach, help me with data collection for my research project and generally observe the process. It would be really cool and they would get some good experience.
Retrospect
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
I would love to have a sixthformer to teach, help me with data collection for my research project and generally observe the process. It would be really cool and they would get some good experience.
I did this with a Psychology undergrad in 2009. It was pretty good for him because I helped him with the menial bits involved in data collection, input and interpretation, and it was good for me because I got a good insight into Psych at undergrad.
GodspeedGehenna
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Retrospect)
I did this with a Psychology undergrad in 2009. It was pretty good for him because I helped him with the menial bits involved in data collection, input and interpretation, and it was good for me because I got a good insight into Psych at undergrad.
Yeah exactly. I wish my department did that. It would love to have a little mentee.
Retrospect
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
Yeah exactly. I wish my department did that. It would love to have a little mentee.
I imagine it was a great little ego boost for him. :holmes:
sotiria
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
hey all,

i am a current master level student and i am interesting for a program (paid position) in USA where i will work as a psychologist.
Is there any opportunities for international people?
dan29
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hi There!

I am a sixth-form student looking for work exp in the field of psychology. I'd love to take you up on that statement you made if possible?
Jess & Nick RMA
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kels488)
hey!

Cheers Kels!
If you're interested in finding scientific work experience, or placements and internships related to the science sector, then you should take a look at the thousands of reviews hosted on RateMyPlacement. These have been written by undergraduates from previous years, so offer an honest insight into what it's like to work in these companies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads