Turn on thread page Beta

Being called cute watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you ladies use the word cute for? Looks or the way a person acts. Ive been called this a few times. I got why I was called cute when I was younger but ive changed and still people call me cute. Can cute have many meanings? If there a difference between telling someone their cute and just hidding feelings that a person is cute? Is good looking or being attractive the same as cute? How do you judge if someone is cute?

ReputationRep:
    id consider liek a dog bein cute.. not a person lol

ReputationRep:
    both

ReputationRep:
    It's both good looking (though only for some people) and just generally sweet/nice looking. It's a confusing word.

ReputationRep:
    I use cute in the sense of a way something acts. Like certain things people do are cute. Like a dog licking my hand. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i think cute is a nice compliment

ReputationRep:
    I'd call someone cute if they had a really nice smile or somethin' :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Channy)
    What do you ladies use the word cute for? Looks or the way a person acts. Ive been called this a few times. I got why I was called cute when I was younger but ive changed and still people call me cute. Can cute have many meanings? If there a difference between telling someone their cute and just hidding feelings that a person is cute? Is good looking or being attractive the same as cute? How do you judge if someone is cute?
    CUTE TUSHIE! :eek: LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms Red)
    i think cute is a nice compliment
    yeah, when someone calls me cute it makes me smile but then tell them im not to see if it was just not a one off comment because usually after that, they say "rrrrrrrr, but u are...."

ReputationRep:
    girl cal me cute ahhh

ReputationRep:
    Cute is when you have the 'awww factor'
    My cats cute

ReputationRep:
    not sure... when it comes to looks i'd use 'cute' for someone like Orlando Bloom, but I'd never call Johnny Depp 'cute'.
    But you can also act cute...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Cute is when you have the 'awww factor'
    exactly the words i was going to say, cute is having the awww factor, often someone you just want to give a big hug to!

ReputationRep:
    cute is just generally meant as when someone does something 'loveable'. What does everyone else interpret it as?!

ReputationRep:
    i call people 'cute' to their faces if they're butt ugly but don't want to quite tell them that.

ReputationRep:
    i made a thread on this before .... i will try and find it.

Edit: Read it all here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t82033.html

ReputationRep:
    Cute is who you'd like your friend to go out with cos he's not bad and he'll probably treat her right.
    It's not a word for someone you wouldn't like your friend to go out with because you saw him first.

ReputationRep:
    i call a guy cute (not to his face normally) if he looks like good boyfriend material - u know, sensible and kind etc... but not really to describe a guy who is really sexy!
    It depends cos if I was just using it to describe a boy by his personality thats not to say he isnt really sexy, bit confusing I know ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes call my boyfriend cute, usually I mean it as in 'aaaw... what you just said was so cute' rather than 'you remind me of a kitten/lamb/puppy'.

Like this Saturday we went on a walk around London (as you do lol) after going to a few bars and they were setting up for the VE Day concert in Trafalgar Square and I said 'look that's so beautiful' (lots of pretty lights etc hehe) and he said 'just like you'. That's what I would call cute!

ReputationRep:
    I never know what to think when someone says I'm cute, I guess its in the way its said maybe?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.