Shy guys Watch

This discussion is closed.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
but how can we get to know the shy people, with all their monosyllabic blushing conversations?

my problem is , some of them are HOTHOT HOO:eek:T and i want to know them but they make it so da n hard!!!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i can't stand one sided conversations. i haven't got the time or inclination to stand around interrogating someone without getting something back.
covered farm wagon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
'hey how have you been recently?been up to much?
'no'
oh right. so hws all the assignments going, exams coming up soon
'yep'
this is a really nice club,have you been here befoe?
'nope'
so what do you think of it?the musics pretty cool, isnt it
'yep'
what sort of music do you like
'dunno, anything'
It's these sorts of conversations I hate. They're so awkward, and I end up making my excuses for walking off because conversation surely shouldn't be such an effort. Unfortunately, it's sorts of people who I end up having that sort of conversation with that are the ones I mentioned earlier; who get their friends to tell you afterwards how much they liked to talking to you. I do despair sometimes... Also, some good advice for anyone is to NOT get your friends to ask someone out for you. It's not very attractive, mature or romantic.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
but how can we get to know the shy people, with all their monosyllabic blushing conversations?

my problem is , some of them are HOTHOT HOO:eek:T and i want to know them but they make it so da n hard!!!
Well, if they find it hard to talk to new people face to face, maybe get their mobile number/msn/email and try to get to know them that way. People can be a lot more open communicating this way.

Then later on when it comes to you meeting up somewhere, he'll be more confident and reassured that he knows you slightly better.

Failing that, sticking your tongue down his throat/eating his face may seem a viable option, if you're only interested because they are 'hot'
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no what i mean is, like the example conversation i posted, if you dont talk alot to someone, how can you expect them to get friendly to u? if you are shy in the convo, theyll think u don like them and move on
Hmm, not sure.

Personally, I'd like to think a girl knew I was interested (e.g. smiling, eye contact). Although I'm not too great with the conversations (but I don't think I would look uninterested either).

I think you've just gotta be patient, and wait for us to open up when we feel comfortable. If you don't have enough patience, well I guess that's tough on the guy (and yourself) =\
Anubis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OK - these seem to be the answers I have figured out so far from my little life of mine. I am sort of shy - but once I warm up, I often get told to shut up. lol.

If your with someone who is giving one word answers - then do not worry. Yes, its damn annoying though! Forget verbal confirmation of the old "does he/she like me" - its the body language that gives u the answer.

If your chatting away and they are looking around for an escape route - its obvious they have other things on their mind than you (give up basically). If their body is pointing towards you, then its likely to mean that they want to engage with you - simple. This does not mean however, that just cos someone turns away for a few mins, that they hate you. lol. Thats likely to be due to them being uncomfortable so they have to repositon themselves.

I find that the best way to do it (if you have enough courage), is to show more physical things to that shy person. Like dont have your hands on your lap whilst talking - move them about and possibly touch the shy persons hands briefly (not often enough so you grope them or come across like your an odd job).

If you keep getting one word answers, ask more personal questions like: "so, what hobbies do you have", "o, that sounds cool - how did you get into that. How good are you at it", "How often do you do your hobby", etc. This will make the shy person feel like you are willing to give up your time in order to listen to them. Hence this will make them relax more due to them being made to feel that little bit more special and unique.

If the person keeps chatting to others (a lot) rather than you - then they simply arent shy - they arent interested. Simple. Its up to you to keep them interested though, by asking interesting questions.

Me being shy can tell you girls this: when it comes to physical contact, I just lock up and freeze. This then in turn makes it seem like I dont like the person, when infact its the opposite - I dont wanna screw up so much that nothing happens. Its all in my head. If I knew someone was taking a real interest in me - Id be much more likely to make a move, or at least show some "I like you" signs.

Also, please dont take the first impression that this is how someone is always going to be - takes a good few hours (or days or weeks) for some people to open up. If you like that person - stick at it and they'll think to themselves and acknowledge your putting in a lot of effort (though dont get taken for a ride).

Basically - find the key to what makes them tick. Once you have that, keep adding to it and then voila! :cool:

Thanks for reading my ramblings.
embelina
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i really wanna find a shy guy..im bored of the arrogant ones!
Anubis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Shy guys often get overshadowed by the loud twonks who think they are gods gift and look like Johny Bravo. lol. (AKA: The ones that think with their downstairs first rather than their upstairs - avoid them).

If you wanna find a shy guy, try the ones that keep themselves to themselves. Or the ones not saying much when in large groups - or even those who go to the bar with just a mate or two. There are loads about - but unfortunately, no one pays attention to people like us.

Whenever a girl does, it often is the case of they lose interest and go and find mr Johny Bravo again cos he is often singing on the table showing off his new hair style and pecks, or mr popular comes along and takes the girl away from us shy guys. Its happened to me - and your heart sinks basically.

HELP US SHY TYPE GUYS!!! We're a lot of work to start with, but we are worth it (plus we're likely to get good jobs, cos we knuckle down with our work. tehe). :cool:
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anubis)
Shy guys often get overshadowed by the loud twonks who think they are gods gift and look like Johny Bravo. lol. (AKA: The ones that think with their downstairs first rather than their upstairs - avoid them).

If you wanna find a shy guy, try the ones that keep themselves to themselves. Or the ones not saying much when in large groups - or even those who go to the bar with just a mate or two. There are loads about - but unfortunately, no one pays attention to people like us.

Whenever a girl does, it often is the case of they lose interest and go and find mr Johny Bravo again cos he is often singing on the table showing off his new hair style and pecks, or mr popular comes along and takes the girl away from us shy guys. Its happened to me - and your heart sinks basically.

HELP US SHY TYPE GUYS!!! We're a lot of work to start with, but we are worth it (plus we're likely to get good jobs, cos we knuckle down with our work. tehe). :cool:
yes but its so darn hard HARD talking to you guys!! when you go all quiet we dono if u liek us or if u r shy! unless you give us some sort of encouragement its HARD and we DO go off with hotter/better guys!
Anubis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Magiccarpet - read my long first post. It gives you clues as to where to start.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
im actually scared of shy poeple. they are so antic=social to me
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yes but its so darn hard HARD talking to you guys!! when you go all quiet we dono if u liek us or if u r shy! unless you give us some sort of encouragement its HARD and we DO go off with hotter/better guys!
Yay for intellectual conversations with non shy guys.

-So... like, you wanna shag or what?

Can't believe I used the word 'shag'!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
shy guys dont make ANY conversation :mad: intellectual or not.

stupid shy guys are gormless GOONS
Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love shy
80s Love Child!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im socially shy....
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
shy guys dont make ANY conversation :mad: intellectual or not.

stupid shy guys are gormless GOONS
Maybe they're shy because you think things like that about them?
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
I might be shy if I met you.
Would you be shy with me too?
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Would you be shy with me too?
Nah!

:knuddel:

:eek:

:p:
Zurich
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Surely shy people are only shy until they get to know you? I'm only shy with people I don't know.
davesmate
Report 13 years ago
exactly!

if a guy is only answering your lovely conversations with grunts and one word answers, how can we tell if he secretly finds us boring as hell or if he is interested in listeing to us but is shy?if a guy didnt bother in a conversation, ie it was a monologue, i'd assume he didnt like to talk to me and i wouldnt bother getting to know him

also, are all shy guys ugly? or are some of them fit? how can you be fit and shy?
Can you be fit and shy? of course you can!! surely attractiveness is down to opinion, therefore if you were to think i'm handsome it doesn't mean i won't be shy. even if you know you're pretty handsome it still doesn't stop someone being shy. maybe a good looking guy would have some other insecurities, perhaps he thought he was a terrible guy haha.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1204)
79.58%
Leave (309)
20.42%

Watched Threads