Turn on thread page Beta

Looking for good Music Tech universties! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! New here

I'm currently in the process of getting myself into the UCAS system, which I hope to do ASAP. My aim is to get in to a Uni for the September term of next year, to study Music Tech, but I just wondered if anyone has some good info relating to which Uni's to consider, or which ones to completely rule out.

So far I only know of one, and it's the only one I'm applying for: Leeds Metropolitan. It's a "Creative Music and Sound Technology" course that lasts 4 years with a sandwhich year - which sounds perfect. But I don't wanna rush into applying for this place when I don't really know what else is out there.

So firstly my question would be, what's the word on Leeds Met? I've had good reactions from everyone I tell about it, but I haven't spoken to anyone that would actually know!

Secondly, does anyone else with an interest in this area of study know of any other creatively geared music tech courses?

I live in Essex, but location isn't a problem to me. I'm pretty fed up here so I'm willing to go anywhere

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

- Paul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chimp_spanner)
    Hey all! New here

I'm currently in the process of getting myself into the UCAS system, which I hope to do ASAP. My aim is to get in to a Uni for the September term of next year, to study Music Tech, but I just wondered if anyone has some good info relating to which Uni's to consider, or which ones to completely rule out.

So far I only know of one, and it's the only one I'm applying for: Leeds Metropolitan. It's a "Creative Music and Sound Technology" course that lasts 4 years with a sandwhich year - which sounds perfect. But I don't wanna rush into applying for this place when I don't really know what else is out there.

So firstly my question would be, what's the word on Leeds Met? I've had good reactions from everyone I tell about it, but I haven't spoken to anyone that would actually know!

Secondly, does anyone else with an interest in this area of study know of any other creatively geared music tech courses?

I live in Essex, but location isn't a problem to me. I'm pretty fed up here so I'm willing to go anywhere

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

- Paul
    My boyfriend wanted to study Music Tech at uni before he changed his mind and applied for astrophysics (not much difference there!). The best ones he found were at Edinburgh and York, but York stopped doing it last year. But apparently Edinburgh is the best uni for music tech, so have a look.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I saw you were looking for music technology courses and thought I'd give some advise, check out a place called Focus Training in south london as there courses are the best, the classes are only for a few people so it's a lot different than universities or other schools

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    bath university is proberlly the best in the country for music tech

ReputationRep:
    Surrey University is the leading University in the country for music technology. It's a very theoretical course, (i.e. there isn't very much hands on work in the first year at all, it's very much theory orientated).
    Salford is also supposed to be exceptional.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.