Jimbogarner
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ok, im studying A2 psychology, i have completed Crime and am now doing Health, Crime was simple as they were all key studies, however the health booklets are full of theories instead of studies.

so how on earth do i evaluate a theory? Section B part B in the OCR exams require me to evaluate theories, i have no problem evliuating studies, but i just cant do theories!
username252048
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
I'm not doing your spec... But I'm asked to evaluate theories too.
For the theories I'm using, they're either slightly flawed, or studies have been carried out to test it which either prove or dis-prove the theory.
Are there no studies which test the theories? Or other theories which go against it?
Cheeseyball
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Use E.A.C.H ( Evidence, Applications and implications, Credibility and Comparisons and How good is the research). In Evidence what studies support/criticize the theory. In Application is it beneficial to society? Could it help a group of people? Or is most of the studies conducted in labs which lack generalisability? In Credibility and Comparisons how scientific is the research? Do studies behind the theory have consistant results? And in How good is the research look at the evaluations of the studies behind the theory. Generalisability? Reliability? Their Application to real life? Validity? Ethical?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads