Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Engineering, economics and management at oxford....has anyone gotten in without further maths? Anyone done the interview?

ReputationRep:
    "Ability in maths and physics is essential for those wishing to study any engineering course. Good performance in maths, physics and a third A-level (or its equivalent) is normally required. Inclusion of maths mechanics modules and study of further mathematics at A or AS-level are strongly encouraged but are not required."

http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/courses/eema.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    "Ability in maths and physics is essential for those wishing to study any engineering course. Good performance in maths, physics and a third A-level (or its equivalent) is normally required. Inclusion of maths mechanics modules and study of further mathematics at A or AS-level are strongly encouraged but are not required."

http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/courses/eema.shtml
    yes i did check the site....i was wondering if any ppl out there were doing the course and got in without further maths....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    yes i did check the site....i was wondering if any ppl out there were doing the course and got in without further maths....
    Well I suppose if they strongly encourage further maths, then the chances are you'd struggle on the course without it.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm/.....just my luck.....guess if i don't get called for an interview...that might be why......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    hmmm/.....just my luck.....guess if i don't get called for an interview...that might be why......
    I wouldn't think like that.

Perhaps you could emphasise your interest in management and economics?

ReputationRep:
    yeah......but i wont be able to do that unless i get an interview...and havent heard anything yet....

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.