This discussion is closed.
matouwah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Engineering, economics and management at oxford....has anyone gotten in without further maths? Anyone done the interview?
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Ability in maths and physics is essential for those wishing to study any engineering course. Good performance in maths, physics and a third A-level (or its equivalent) is normally required. Inclusion of maths mechanics modules and study of further mathematics at A or AS-level are strongly encouraged but are not required."

http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/courses/eema.shtml
matouwah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alec)
"Ability in maths and physics is essential for those wishing to study any engineering course. Good performance in maths, physics and a third A-level (or its equivalent) is normally required. Inclusion of maths mechanics modules and study of further mathematics at A or AS-level are strongly encouraged but are not required."

http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/courses/eema.shtml
yes i did check the site....i was wondering if any ppl out there were doing the course and got in without further maths....
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
yes i did check the site....i was wondering if any ppl out there were doing the course and got in without further maths....
Well I suppose if they strongly encourage further maths, then the chances are you'd struggle on the course without it.
matouwah
Rep:
?
hmmm/.....just my luck.....guess if i don't get called for an interview...that might be why......
Perplexed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by matouwah)
hmmm/.....just my luck.....guess if i don't get called for an interview...that might be why......
I wouldn't think like that.

Perhaps you could emphasise your interest in management and economics?
matouwah
Rep:
?
yeah......but i wont be able to do that unless i get an interview...and havent heard anything yet....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (35)
7.83%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (37)
8.28%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (109)
24.38%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (59)
13.2%
No, nothing has changed (133)
29.75%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (74)
16.55%

Watched Threads