Edexcel Nuffield AS level Chemistry Watch

This discussion is closed.
Goldilocks
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hey
anybody out there doing edexcel nuffield? Im doing past papers at the moment and am finding it really, really difficult, does any body have any links or tips or anything to help with revision? I especially have trouble with working out what products are formed with which reactions and what tests need to be used, there are just too many! Please help! Thanks very much!
spoon1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi, im doing nuffield, what do you need help with?

There's a website mainly for the nuffield specification:

www.chemistry-react.org

which you might find useful.
Goldilocks
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hey!
Thanx, Ive just been on that site, its quite useful but i just need some help on exam questions in general, everything is fine working through the book, then I just find it quite difficult visualizing reactions and products for the substances or circumstances in the question : S but i guess thats just just something you have to learn!
Do you anything about oxidising agents?
I have a question which says " Iodine reacts with Sodium thiosulphate as shown below
I2 (aq) + 2S2O3 (2-) ---> 2I (-)(aq)+S4O6(2-)(aq)

Which is element Chlorine or Iodine is the more
powerful oxidising agent? Justify your answer with
reference to the equation above."
(which is 4Cl2 (aq) + S2O3 (2-) (aq) + 5H2O(l) --> 8Cl (-) (aq) + 2SO4 (2-) (aq) + 10H (+) (aq) ) would it be the Iodine as it oxidises four times as much as the top equation?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise