Tutors? Watch

This discussion is closed.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Who has/had tutors or been on Easter revision courses or similar? Did they help?
zhivago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had a French tutor for a bit - and that wasn't because I was particularly bad at it - well I was, but only because I had a big bust up with my school teacher and we barely spoke, hence I learnt nothing! He's helped me to improve my vocab - although obviously there's no point in getting one at this stage of the game! I was going to get a Maths one, which I would have actually needed, but the only ones around were old dodgy men who were losing their marbles! Haven't been on any 'revision courses', except for a few classes held in school, with about six people in!
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have a maths tutor as i got an E in my christmas mocks and i believe that if you wish to pass a subject especially a compulsary subject should be given extra help with it if they are failing xoxo
kidda_puttar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Had one for Chemistry in Year 10.

Boosted grade from B to A*. I'm happy
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by zhivago)
although obviously there's no point in getting one at this stage of the game!
Oh no, I wasn't looking for one. It wouldn't be possible anyway, I was just wondering whether many people had had one. Good luck!
Lottie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had a maths tutor for a time last year. I did my GCSE a year early and felt, due to the limited time we had to cover the course, sometimes we glossed over areas I wasn't quite sure of. My maths tutor was amazing.

We spent time going over questions in past papers I had trouble with, which proved really helpful indeed. He explained circle theorems to me and showed me an alternative ways of doing things when I had little gripes with the versions I'd been taught in class.

I feel pretty happy in all of my other subjects and haven't had any outside help with my revision (what I've done of it!!) except for a handful of revision classes I've attended for history during lunchtimes.
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had personal tutor for english, but he was rly crappy. One day i went to him and he had hangover.he wasnt marking my work at all and all the time was giving excuses. I was paying to him 25 quid an hour, so i decided to stop, since I didnt see any improvement.
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
I had personal tutor for english, but he was rly crappy. One day i went to him and he had hangover.he wasnt marking my work at all and all the time was giving excuses. I was paying to him 25 quid an hour, so i decided to stop, since I didnt see any improvement.
i have a maths tutor and he only charges £10 but shes only a year above me at school he got an A*/A in additional maths and hes a mate and hes fantastic xoxo
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He's also a she/he apparently! I've thought about that before actually - when you're in sixth form you could charge younger people for your services in your area of expertise (mine's English!).
lilipad
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
yer iv got maths and french tutors - maths is really helpful but french was only really good for practising the oral exam now we're just doing reading
kidda_puttar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zhivago)
He's also a she/he apparently! I've thought about that before actually - when you're in sixth form you could charge younger people for your services in your area of expertise (mine's English!).
And that isn't a bad idea.

I am just thinking that people won't necessarily trust a 6th former though!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (846)
80.65%
Leave (203)
19.35%

Watched Threads