How unfair! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
Dosn't the same apply to women in as well?

All this is beyond the point though, it still dosn't mean that its morally right for men to sleep around.
No - in terms of biology, women can only realistically have one baby a year, whereas men can potentially make babies every time they have sex. Therefore, women want a man who will give her good genes for a baby so it's more likely to survive, whereas men are driven to spread theirs as wide as possible so that some are likely to survive.

But in today's society with wonderful stuff like contraception, these values apply much less, and I believe that male/female sluts should be treated equally, whatever you think of their behaviour.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its not moral becuase humans are supposed to have a social concious unlike animals. Especialy with the spread of STDs it just exsculates the problem.

I am not saying its wrong to have sex before marriage or anything like that, I am just saying that casual sex cuases more problems than it solves.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
Erm do you have any scientific evidence to back this up?

If that were true they how can evulation generate no hopers?
It's not about evolution, it's about the selfish gene. You should read that. Evolution is a side effect of the selfish gene based on circumstance. Basically, all things live to reproduce their genes. Evolution happens because those with the strongest (i.e. most suited to the environment they're currently in) genes are more likely to survive and breed, passing on and strengthening the genes important to that environment. But at the ROOT of all that, is the simple male desire to create as many offspring as possible hence improving the chances of their "selfish genes" surviving. People make the mistake that evolution = improvement, when really it's just mutation.

Of course you can't apply that completely to the modern human race... because our moral code is based around a structured society and not our base instincts. It is definately a factor though, at the end of the day humans are just mammals and want to hump anything that moves. Hmm... I feel a song coming on.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really don't care how many times or how quickly someone has sex with someone. Sex is different things to different people - and its no place of mine to judge how someone else views sex.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
No - in terms of biology, women can only realistically have one baby a year, whereas men can potentially make babies every time they have sex. Therefore, women want a man who will give her good genes for a baby so it's more likely to survive, whereas men are driven to spread theirs as wide as possible so that some are likely to survive.

But in today's society with wonderful stuff like contraception, these values apply much less, and I believe that male/female sluts should be treated equally, whatever you think of their behaviour.
I understand that but I don't understand how males who sleep around can have better genes. Unless you mean its these genes that make people sleep around?

A lot of this must be envronmental though as well, there must be a reason why teenage pregencies are higher in poorer areas.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
I understand that but I don't understand how males who sleep around can have better genes. Unless you mean its these genes that make people sleep around?

A lot of this must be envronmental though as well, there must be a reason why teenage pregencies are higher in poorer areas.
No no, that's not what I mean. Women, in evolutionary terms want someone who they think will make a good father. Sexual selection may well mean these are the most attractive men who will, in turn therefore have more success elsewhere.

Nowadays, yes, a lot of it is environmental - and most of those pregnancies are due to lack of knowledge of contraception rather than deliberate and for propagating the race. We are now the only species that does NOT practice natural selection.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Need_money, no offense but if you don't want to be called a slut perhaps the first thing you might want to do is take 'dirty girls do do that soc' out of your signature- doesn't help.

Obviously I think it's kinda sad that girls get judged like this, but frankly they know it's going to happen if they sleep around so all they have to do is not do it.
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He is a manwh*re and can't talk. Should have slapped him for his stupid double standards.
:dito: Sorry he was so rude.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
Obviously I think it's kinda sad that girls get judged like this, but frankly they know it's going to happen if they sleep around so all they have to do is not do it.
Slightly harsh. If a girl wants to sleep around then I don't think she should just have to lie down and take abuse for it.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No no, that's not what I mean. Women, in evolutionary terms want someone who they think will make a good father. Sexual selection may well mean these are the most attractive men who will, in turn therefore have more success elsewhere.

Nowadays, yes, a lot of it is environmental - and most of those pregnancies are due to lack of knowledge of contraception rather than deliberate and for propagating the race. We are now the only species that does NOT practice natural selection.
What about in the third world? People have loads of kids so that enough will survive enough to work on the farm/look after their parents when their older etc.

So does natural selection still exist in poorer countries?
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We are now the only species that does NOT practice natural selection.
Unless you count us forcing selective breeding on other species, like dogs. Or making weird skinless mice in labs...
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
So does natural selection still exist in poorer countries?
In extreme poverty where the weaker children die and the stronger children survive to have offspring of their own - yes.
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Slightly harsh. If a girl wants to sleep around then I don't think she should just have to lie down and take abuse for it.
Was that meant to be a double entendre? Nvm, I'm guessing no. . .
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by -Felicity-)
Was that meant to be a double entendre? Nvm, I'm guessing no. . .
Yes, I did notice that. Although the phrasing I used was better than the original "I don't think they should take it lying down" :eek: :p:
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, I did notice that. Although the phrasing I used was better than the original "I don't think they should take it lying down" :eek: :p:
True.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not saying she should, I'm saying if she's knows it's coming afterwards then not to moan about it when the inevitable happens.
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by puppy)
I'm not saying she should, I'm saying if she's knows it's coming afterwards then not to moan about it when the inevitable happens.
Well, if someone had said something expressing that exact same mentality to Rosa Parks when she sat on that seat on that bus in 1955...

To be honest, if you do something that is entirely your own business, and people judge you unfairly for it, you have every right to kick up a fuss.
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The difference is that men don't really care if you call them a slut, whereas women get all *****y and post anxty threads about how its really unfair that there are consequences to being a mini Jezebel.
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, if someone had said something expressing that exact same mentality to Rosa Parks when she sat on that seat on that bus in 1955...

To be honest, if you do something that is entirely your own business, and people judge you unfairly for it, you have every right to kick up a fuss.
Well you do, of course, but it's not going to change anything. Yor either have to be strong enough to do things that offend people and are contrary to the norm and not care what people say, or try to behave as society dictates.
denilson200
Report 13 years ago
Women can get sex so easy. I'm not coming from a position of strength. I'm coming from a position of weakness. At least I recognise this fact instead of burying it under self-deluding machismo. A man (even if he is an attractive man) have to put so much effort to get laid or get a girlfriend, going from one girl to the next, suffering rejection after rejection, hoping, wishing that this girl does not blow you out like all the others. Being rejected by a woman is a tortuous humiliation, a fate scarcely better than death but we men just get on with it. But the thing is when Women get rejected a lot of them can't seem to handle it AT ALL. We're talking going nuts here !! Talking badly about you, calling you gay, and trying to make every other Woman she knows think the same way so that she won't even consider you, etc. etc.Guys, have you ever tried saying 'no' to your girlfriend if she wants sex? Trust me, her reaction won't be pretty. Having said that It still remains the guy's responsibility to risk getting his confidence smashed to pieces if he wants to interact with the opposite sex.

A women even if she was weighing 19 stone can still have a wonderful sex life...with many guys...A 19 stone guy ? Forget aba it son. You ain't getting any. Unless your name ends in Abramovich. Most men are stuck with the "Shotgun" approach. Ask enough women and maybe one of them will NOT reject you... I reckon I average about one in five. Of course, if we follow the shotgun approach, we're players. There really ain't no way of pleasing women. I give up.

Women know their beauty gives them a huge sexual power over men, and they do not hesitate to cruelly use it to get what they want out of men. In their heart of hearts they don't really care about men or their feelings.It just seems like people care more about women than they do about men. And on top of that it seems like people will give men more s h i t to deal with because men are supposed to be tougher. People seem to give women more praise when they accomplish things than they do to men. Women expect more from men than men expect from women.It seems like sometimes women act very childish and blame everything on men. I don't know what it is about women. Women complain about men a lot, so there must be something legitimate behind the complaint, right ? But chew on this idea : Say that you have a poor laborer living in a sweatshop with a broken fan. Now, say that you have a guest in a luxury hotel with broken air-conditioning. Which one is more likely to complain ?

Look at ANY women's magazine, it's chock-full of manipulation advice: tips and suggestions on how to look sexy. How to 'test' her man and 'reward' him. How to initiate break-ups. How to attract men and weed-out Mister Right. How to tell if he's lying. How to hide her own lying. Women are so fake, covered in globs of make up, fake nails, eyelashes, boobs, implants you name it, your fake and phoney !! Then they scream "Where are the real men".

But don't men shape the world we live in ? Come on !! Do you have much say in how the world works ? No !! Neither do I !! Very few men do !!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1373)
79.55%
Leave (353)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise