Turn on thread page Beta

University dilemma: cambridge, UMIST, Durham watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm international studentt, and would really appreciate
    your advice on this. provided i get accepted to these three great universities for Natural sciences, biochemistry and molecular bio, and the same, respectively, where would u recommend me to attend?

I mean I am aware of the prestige of cam, i also know that the other two are excellent. the fact is that I also love sport, especially the aquatics, and having a good time..... what would u recommend me?

thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by highexpectation)
    Hi. I'm international studentt, and would really appreciate
    your advice on this. provided i get accepted to these three great universities for Natural sciences, biochemistry and molecular bio, and the same, respectively, where would u recommend me to attend?

I mean I am aware of the prestige of cam, i also know that the other two are excellent. the fact is that I also love sport, especially the aquatics, and having a good time..... what would u recommend me?

thanks a lot
    I would go to cambridge, durham then UMIST in that order. Which Durham college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I would go to cambridge, durham then UMIST in that order. Which Durham college did you apply to?
    grey college. do u think there's also a good social life in cam?

ReputationRep:
    grey college. do u think there's also a good social life in cam?
    I'm told it's bad, but then I suppose it's what you make of it?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're expecting. I think it's great, but I come from the country!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    I'm told it's bad, but then I suppose it's what you make of it?
    but then i suppose no one turns down cam right, despite the apprent crapy social life

ReputationRep:
    but then i suppose no one turns down cam right, despite the apprent crapy social life
    Well I turned Oxbridge down, before they had a potential chance of turning me down for the following reasons:

1) I'm a lazy student and would probably collapse at the work load
    2) I would prefer to go to a lively university
    3) Oxbridge does nothing for me

It's whatever lights your candle at the end of the day, do what you want to do and go where you want to go. Easy as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Well I turned Oxbridge down, before they had a potential chance of turning me down for the following reasons:

1) I'm a lazy student and would probably collapse at the work load
    2) I would prefer to go to a lively university
    3) Oxbridge does nothing for me

It's whatever lights your candle at the end of the day, do what you want to do and go where you want to go. Easy as that.
    thanks a lot mate

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.