Turn on thread page Beta

Teacher won’t mark my coursework watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!....whats up! I’m new here.

I got a slight problem you see I’m doing my A-level chemistry ….and I’m doing Salters Ocr … unit 6 is just coursework section and its worth 30% :eek: .....yea….did u see that right….30%....damn! :eek: ....but the stupid teacher won’t mark it :mad: :mad: he says there not a lot of time left…yea I know that but he made us start are work late :mad: ….it like four weeks lab work or something….i don’t what do!....i’m scared to give in my coursework …imagine flopping that unit!.....ah man….what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should complain. No matter what the situation is, the teacher still have to mark your coursework.

ReputationRep:
    how can the teacher not mark your coursework
    i did salters chemistry and i know the individual investigation (unit 6) is a hefty part of the mark so the teacher cant risk your grade like that.
    what investigation are you doing i may be able to help you.
    good luck.
    x

ReputationRep:
    omg that is harsh, unless youve missed loads of deadlines, they HAVE to mark it.

ReputationRep:
    have you gone to the head of department or the head teacher?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxbeef)
    omg that is harsh, unless youve missed loads of deadlines, they HAVE to mark it.
    exactly. What's the situation with the others in your class?

I've just handed mine in, if your cwk has anything to do with copper, i can help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick_sista)
    Hey!....whats up! I’m new here.

I got a slight problem you see I’m doing my A-level chemistry ….and I’m doing Salters Ocr … unit 6 is just coursework section and its worth 30% :eek: .....yea….did u see that right….30%....damn! :eek: ....but the stupid teacher won’t mark it :mad: :mad: he says there not a lot of time left…yea I know that but he made us start are work late :mad: ….it like four weeks lab work or something….i don’t what do!....i’m scared to give in my coursework …imagine flopping that unit!.....ah man….what should I do?
    Hang on, do you mean he won't mark it before you give in your final draft? If so, that'll be because they're not allowed to, the exam board only lets you have one shot at it and it would be a bit unfair to expect him to bend the rules for you!

If you mean he's just refusing to mark it ever, then yeh go to your head of dept asap.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with my sixth form is that its reallllllllllllly crap!....somebody gives a ****.what u get....i pass exam helping myself.....its all about self study in my sixth. This teacher right....his alright and he help with the investigation...but he didn't really mark my work....the all part he marked was PLANNING!.....he didn't even mark the analysis of results part ....cuz u kinda need alot of chemistry for that part ...u get me!.

Anyhowz......i can do the planning and evaluation part ...easy...in fact i have already finish that part but the rest...nah....wayyyyy to much!

o yea my investigation is on esters...if any1 has done that....u got to help!

and another thing....telling the head not a good idea they are friends....and me i'm always complaining....i just don't a big fuss....don't want my own teacher to be my number one enemy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick_sista)
    The thing with my sixth form is that its reallllllllllllly crap!....somebody gives a ****.what u get....i pass exam helping myself.....its all about self study in my sixth. This teacher right....his alright and he help with the investigation...but he didn't really mark my work....the all part he marked was PLANNING!.....he didn't even mark the analysis of results part ....cuz u kinda need alot of chemistry for that part ...u get me!.

Anyhowz......i can do the planning and evaluation part ...easy...in fact i have already finish that part but the rest...nah....wayyyyy to much!

o yea my investigation is on esters...if any1 has done that....u got to help!

and another thing....telling the head not a good idea they are friends....and me i'm always complaining....i just don't a big fuss....don't want my own teacher to be my number one enemy.
    I'm assuming another chemistry teaacher marked your work then, as he only marked the planning section only.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.