Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Lincoln (Oxford), or is there anyone who is currently studying there.......also is there anyone who has done the interview for economics and management....i know bout the test and have had a look at it....i want to know what kinda of questions they ask...any help would be appreicated....thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    Has anyone applied to Lincoln (Oxford), or is there anyone who is currently studying there.......also is there anyone who has done the interview for economics and management....i know bout the test and have had a look at it....i want to know what kinda of questions they ask...any help would be appreicated....thanx
    I had the E&M interview at Pembroke last year, though could only vaugely remember what questions i was asked - you can find a short description of the interview on my site.

If you have any other E&M specific questions i can try and help but really can't remember much more.

Oh one thing -be preparared for logic and "think out side the box" questions - eg what do you do if a muuger threatens you with a handgrenade.

ReputationRep:

speak to loftx, or check out his great site..type in loftx in google you will find it.He applied for Eco and Management at Pembroke/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    speak to loftx, or check out his great site..type in loftx in google you will find it.He applied for Eco and Management at Pembroke/
    Might they go out of the way and ask something really ludacris like...what would u do if i **** on your car? are these out of the box questions used to test common sense and logic...or personality...or both?

ReputationRep:
    Might they go out of the way and ask something really ludacris like...what would u do if i **** on your car? are these out of the box questions used to test common sense and logic...or personality...or both?

Loftx and I must have been replying to your post at the same time, tho he beat me to it! As i said check out his site, on the Oxford site you can get example papers (in partic the Pem site). They arent there to trick you, just try to be logical and clearly explain your ideas...
    Have you got an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I'm at Lincoln! But I dont know anything about E&M, sadly. I think we arent too competitive for the less arty stuff though so you've a decent chance, but thats all I really know I'm afraid. There are usually four places a year given too.
    what are u reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Loftx and I must have been replying to your post at the same time, tho he beat me to it! As i said check out his site, on the Oxford site you can get example papers (in partic the Pem site). They arent there to trick you, just try to be logical and clearly explain your ideas...
    Have you got an interview yet?

k....thanx for the help.....btw these questions are not for me....for my friend who is too bothered to make his own account.....i applied for EEM at oxford....but both of us havent heard of we have gotten interviews yet...as we are both overseas students and the oxford site says that formal invitation for interviews can be sent as late as 7 days prior to the interview.....I have to apply for visa, as i am an international student...do u reckon i should call soon? if i get an interview it is to be between the 15-18th of december....

ReputationRep:
    thanx a lot lala......do u know if trinity is one of the more competitve colleges at oxford?

ReputationRep:
    k....thanx for the help.....btw these questions are not for me....for my friend who is too bothered to make his own account.....i applied for EEM at oxford....but both of us havent heard of we have gotten interviews yet...as we are both overseas students and the oxford site says that formal invitation for interviews can be sent as late as 7 days prior to the interview.....I have to apply for visa, as i am an international student...do u reckon i should call soon? if i get an interview it is to be between the 15-18th of december....
    How quick can you get a visa? The thing is , they are infamous for leaving it to the last minute to send you an invitation. Perhaps leave it a week, and just phone and politely inquire. What country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I am indian...but currently studying in Qatar (in the middle east)...it will probably take about 7 days to get a visa...so i was thinking that it might be best if find out like by the 1st of december or so...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Im the one who's applying for E&M. i didnt realise that the sit was this good. Havent got a reply yet and am now kinda sacred bout the interview.lol. Neways, what can u tell me bout lincoln?

ReputationRep:
    hmm.....i thought that going for an interview would increase my chances of getting in, plus for EEM...only 35 applicants are accepted every year for the whole of oxford...so i thought i might as well do whatever i can to increase my chances...so i sent an email to trinity saying that i would be available for interview if required......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fira)
    Hey guys. Im the one who's applying for E&M. i didnt realise that the sit was this good. Havent got a reply yet and am now kinda sacred bout the interview.lol. Neways, what can u tell me bout lincoln?
    lol....u and my friend applied for one of the 4-5 spots available for economics and managment at lincoln...he hasnt had a response yet...what subjects are you doing and what grades?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone out there in Trinity or apply there?

ReputationRep:
    lol....u and my friend applied for one of the 4-5 spots available for economics and managment at lincoln...he hasnt had a response yet...what subjects are you doing and what grades?

Oh rite im a bit lost. Is there anyone whos at Lincoln. (im guessing lala). is there any one applied to E&M at any college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fira)
    Oh rite im a bit lost. Is there anyone whos at Lincoln. (im guessing lala). is there any one applied to E&M at any college?
    i thought there was a thread not too long ago concerning this course....i will have a look for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    i thought there was a thread not too long ago concerning this course....i will have a look for you

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fira)
    cheers.
    http://loftxnetwork.streamlinenet.co...ecoman2002.htm

sorry i must have got confused...but the above site is an eg. of the test (provided by loftx)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fira)
    I've applied for E+M at Queen's. i got a letter asking for interview last week.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.