Turn on thread page Beta

I feel so bad because of what im going to get in my gcse's watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i am soooooo worried about my gcse's because i totally lost it last year this is what i should be getting at the least!(predicted grades)
    english lit and lang:B's
    Biology:B
    Chemistry:C
    Physics:C
    Maths:B
    Non Calculater:C
    Graphics:A
    Dance:B
    History:B

and this is what i see myself getting at the best and i know this is going to be true
    english lit and lang: B C
    Sciences or even an E
    Maths: Both D's
    Graphics: C
    History: Barely an F
    Dance: E

since i know im quite intellegent if i scrape through my gcse's so i can get into sixth form is there any point of me trying, i dont know if my grades seem good enough because i look on here and evreyones getting all A*'s which i think is shocking!!compared to even my predicted ones!im also thinking about doing psyc and english lit in sixth form(im only going to do 3!)what other one do you think would go well with these?also hw much coursework do psyc and english lit have?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about psychology, but english literature (and by this I mean my exam board) requires 1 piece of coursework per year, which should conform generally to a 2000 - 3000 word limit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i am soooooo worried about my gcse's because i totally lost it last year this is what i should be getting at the least!(predicted grades)
    english lit and lang:B's
    Biology:B
    Chemistry:C
    Physics:C
    Maths:B
    Non Calculater:C
    Graphics:A
    Dance:B
    History:B

and this is what i see myself getting at the best and i know this is going to be true
    english lit and lang: B C
    Sciences or even an E
    Maths: Both D's
    Graphics: C
    History: Barely an F
    Dance: E

since i know im quite intellegent if i scrape through my gcse's so i can get into sixth form is there any point of me trying, i dont know if my grades seem good enough because i look on here and evreyones getting all A*'s which i think is shocking!!compared to even my predicted ones!im also thinking about doing psyc and english lit in sixth form(im only going to do 3!)what other one do you think would go well with these?also hw much coursework do psyc and english lit have?

It is still only November, you have a long while to start revising and so on, i am sure you can do it....put your head down and work for the next few months. GoodLuck

ReputationRep:
    cheers x x x

ReputationRep:
    Exactly :) Most GCSEs are exam-based and a good deal of revision'll see you through.

ReputationRep:
    since i know im quite intellegent
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Dnt worry that much trust me i didnt even bother revising until the last month (im not saying dnt revise, dnt get me wrong)!!! Make sure ur coursework is of the highest u can do and just go for it in the exam. Remember, in humanity subjects mostly there is no right or wrong, its the way u argue ur points eg in english and history and re etc; sciences get hold of CGP's books for science and dnt listen to the teachers who say 'if u just learn them and nothing else ull fail' learn the stuff in there for the sciences, its really simple cut down and helpful
    Is there ne particular subject u need advice in? dnt hesitate to ask

Gd Luck (im in college now btw just dne the GCSES)

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry i didn't get one c though i manged to go to college and know got a place lined up to uni or even straight in the job to get trainned up in.

Regards

Anne

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps for Science you could ask to be put into the foundation exam-highest grade a C but quite easy to attain and like wise with Maths-highest grade there is a B.

ReputationRep:
    ye i know im in foundation now for science!intermediate for maths(theres only one higher set in our school im 2nd to top!)and im in higher for science!but the thing is everything i have done in history i have not got a clue what to do!im not just saying that its like i dont know anything whatso ever!

ReputationRep:
    whoops i meant higher for english!

ReputationRep:
    whoops i meant higher for english!
    wot do u wanna study in college????

ReputationRep:
    i dont know anymore!i like the sound of psycology because i think it sounds really interesting!and english lit cos im god at it!what else do you think will go with those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Indeed.
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    gcses are easy! just revise enough and you can can get As in all of them. you just have to remember stuff.
    im an A2 student now and gcses seem so easy, there is no understanding required or anything! just get a good revision book, Remember it all and you can get an A!!! easily

Good luck, you have loads of time to revise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    Dnt worry that much trust me i didnt even bother revising until the last month (im not saying dnt revise, dnt get me wrong)!!! Make sure ur coursework is of the highest u can do and just go for it in the exam. Remember, in humanity subjects mostly there is no right or wrong, its the way u argue ur points eg in english and history and re etc; sciences get hold of CGP's books for science and dnt listen to the teachers who say 'if u just learn them and nothing else ull fail' learn the stuff in there for the sciences, its really simple cut down and helpful
    Is there ne particular subject u need advice in? dnt hesitate to ask

Gd Luck (im in college now btw just dne the GCSES)
    Oh yeah, CGP books are great for science revision! (That is, if you can stand the awful jokes!). It sounds as though you're in a similar postion to the one I was in two years ago. My GCSE's eventually consisted of A's, B's and C's (I was chuffed!)... I think people always do better than their predictions, and if the teachers are predicting you those grades you can probably get them or even better!
    As for doing three AS subjects, that's a good idea as long as you work just as hard as you would if you were doing four. I did three AS subjects and it hasn't counted against me at all, I've had offers from some good universities! I take psychology and English lit, and I can tell you that they are a wise choice of subjects, you can really get into them!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafan)
    gcses are easy! just revise enough and you can can get As in all of them. you just have to remember stuff.
    im an A2 student now and gcses seem so easy, there is no understanding required or anything! just get a good revision book, Remember it all and you can get an A!!! easily

Good luck, you have loads of time to revise!
    It's easy to say that now! But I seem to be the only one who feels that they were under more stress during the GCSE's than in their A levels- I'd hate to be doing 10 subjects again. At least with 3 subjects I can remember all the topics I have to revise for

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is very interesting. My exam board has no courseowrk during the AS then one MAJIOR piece in y13 towards they a2 thats worth a whole module. Other exam boards do this differently, and some might not have any at all so check on the exam board you'd be doing and ask the teachers about it.

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted a C in history, D in eng lang, and C in geography. hell i even got a D in my eng mock 1 week before the exam! Results came through and i had got an A for Hist, A for Eng lang and B for Geog. Those teachers don't know anything!

ReputationRep:
    They usually underestimate predicted grades

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2003
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.