Turn on thread page Beta

I feel so bad because of what im going to get in my gcse's watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i am soooooo worried about my gcse's because i totally lost it last year this is what i should be getting at the least!(predicted grades)
    english lit and lang:B's
    Biology:B
    Chemistry:C
    Physics:C
    Maths:B
    Non Calculater:C
    Graphics:A
    Dance:B
    History:B

and this is what i see myself getting at the best and i know this is going to be true
    english lit and lang: B C
    Sciences or even an E
    Maths: Both D's
    Graphics: C
    History: Barely an F
    Dance: E

since i know im quite intellegent if i scrape through my gcse's so i can get into sixth form is there any point of me trying, i dont know if my grades seem good enough because i look on here and evreyones getting all A*'s which i think is shocking!!compared to even my predicted ones!im also thinking about doing psyc and english lit in sixth form(im only going to do 3!)what other one do you think would go well with these?also hw much coursework do psyc and english lit have?
    Having relatively low predicted GCSE grades is just an opportunity in proving people wrong, nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    It's easy to say that now! But I seem to be the only one who feels that they were under more stress during the GCSE's than in their A levels- I'd hate to be doing 10 subjects again. At least with 3 subjects I can remember all the topics I have to revise for
    Yeah I agree, plus the subjects are so boring in comparison to the A-level versions, hence I had less motivation to try hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rIcHrD)
    They usually underestimate predicted grades

i think theyre trying to make the exams look harder so ur well prepared for them. I know for OCR RE islam people thought oh its all about the 5 pillars (and we ended up doin a question on how a muslim baby is born and the baby's ceremony which most ppl didnt know a thing about). The mst important thing i think is make sure u cover the whole syllabus, dnt just think ill revise for x amount cos i only have to choose and ill choose that 1 cos it mite end up a really annoying or difficult question. Neway gd luck and i agree about the revision thing, its not too late

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you've got anything to worry about! I'm not going to be one of these people who says that GCSEs are easy and that you'll do well without revising. Maybe that's true if you're super-smart but if you're mediocre-smart like me then the bad news is that you're are gonna have to revise. I was predicted slightly lower grades than the ones you've listed yet I managed to end up with 1A*, 7 As and 3Bs. The secret is really knowing how to study and revise. I'd say that most of my friends could have done better than me but they simply didn't know how to revise. Here are some websites that might be worth looking at, they have a lot of useful revision tips:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/speakers_cor...review/344132/

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/speakers_cor...review/119810/

http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infocs/Study/learn.html

It's never too early to start so why not start now?

Beating your predicted grades is the best feeling in the world :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I don't think you've got anything to worry about! I'm not going to be one of these people who says that GCSEs are easy and that you'll do well without revising. Maybe that's true if you're super-smart but if you're mediocre-smart like me then the bad news is that you're are gonna have to revise. I was predicted slightly lower grades than the ones you've listed yet I managed to end up with 1A*, 7 As and 3Bs. The secret is really knowing how to study and revise. I'd say that most of my friends could have done better than me but they simply didn't know how to revise. Here are some websites that might be worth looking at, they have a lot of useful revision tips:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/speakers_cor...review/344132/

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/speakers_cor...review/119810/

http://www.adm.uwaterloo.ca/infocs/Study/learn.html

It's never too early to start so why not start now?

Beating your predicted grades is the best feeling in the world :cool:
    I agree actually. In the long run, the secret to success is the right exam and revision technique.

ReputationRep:
    I went up a grade from all my predictions (except, of course, in the few in which I was predicted A*s). Teachers do tend to be quite mean in predicted grades, in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure you can imporve your grades. Like other people have said the CGP books are fab for gcse. i was so annoyed they didn't do them for a-level but i think they were only really useful for factual subjects like science and maths. The history one was a bit crap. All you need to do is do lots of practice questions (and ask your teachers for more) once you've got exam technique sorted and can run off essays easily you should improve your predicted grades. Also often the teachers like to scare you into working. I think i was one of the only people i know that did worse than my predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't anyone find the CGP revision guides to be TOO full of information? Get hold of the actual syllabus and revise the facts from that. You'll find that you actually need to remember less facts; hence easier to remember!
    I'm doing my mocks at the moment, so right now revision is a key part of what I do!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.