Turn on thread page Beta

Personal Internet Site, how can i make it better? watch

ReputationRep:
    Would any1 be generous enough to offer a minute or two of their time to browse through my radio show's internet realm and feedback to this thread with some critical views?

The link is http://www.theyouthshow.s5.com

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    Would any1 be generous enough to offer a minute or two of their time to browse through my radio show's internet realm and feedback to this thread with some critical views?

Thank You

Nice web-site, cool intro as well

ReputationRep:

Thank You

Take it offline?

Or at least remove that stupid intro. And get some decent web hosting (without adverts). And stop that bloody music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Or at least remove that stupid intro.
    I think the intro is decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Take it offline?

Or at least remove that stupid intro. And get some decent web hosting (without adverts). And stop that bloody music.

would u b kind enuff to pay to cover the costs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I think the intro is decent
    So just how do you skip it if you don't have Flash installed, eh?
    I hate les soi-disant "web designers" who think Flash makes their sites so very cool: if you aren't an exceptionally talented web designer, you won't be able to pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Take it offline?

Was that sarcasm?!
    I'm not usually into club tunes but your intro and the music were ACE!! Well Done!! Personally, I think a change of background colour on the main site might have helped and yes there were a lot of ads...but that can't be helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I hate les soi-disant "web designers" who think Flash makes their sites so very cool: if you aren't an exceptionally talented web designer, you won't be able to pull it off.

im just a beginner geeze *crys* (

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Lory)
    Was that sarcasm?!
    I'm not usually into club tunes but your intro and the music were ACE!! Well Done!! Personally, I think a change of background colour on the main site might have helped and yes there were a lot of ads...but that can't be helped
    No, it wasn't sarcasm: "Godmaster's" use of Flash is completely unprofessional, and his music is so bloody annoying, especially when you consider that I prefer listening to my own music thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    No, it wasn't sarcasm: "Godmaster's" use of Flash is completely unprofessional, and his music is so bloody annoying, especially when you consider that I prefer listening to my own music thank you very much.
    i havent cracked flash mx yet do u know how to use it? if so give me some tips instead of dissing me down i sed critical not ridiculing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    You could always switch your speakers off, sweetie :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It's very good for a beginner, given that the content and layout are clear and well created. The intro is okay, I guess, but the music can be annoying. Perhaps disabling both to start with and making them optional according to user preference would be an idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Lory)
    You could always switch your speakers off, sweetie :eek:
    Not if I'm listening to my own music ON MY PC can I? But otherwise that was a very good suggestion - turn off my speaks to accommodate some idiot's website!

And don't patronise me.

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Worried)
    It's very good for a beginner, given that the content and layout are clear and well created. The intro is okay, I guess, but the music can be annoying. Perhaps disabling both to start with and making them optional according to user preference would be an idea.
    i think ill take off the music on the homepage in a mo, but i think the intro music suits the opening ne1 care to disagree ( i know ur fingers are urging to reply TEK)

ReputationRep:
    i think ill take off the music on the homepage in a mo, but i think the intro music suits the opening ne1 care to disagree ( i know ur fingers are urging to reply TEK)
    It may suit the intro but it's still Goddamn annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Not if I'm listening to my own music ON MY PC can I? But otherwise that was a very good suggestion - turn off my speaks to accommodate some idiot's website!

And don't patronise me.

Idiot.
    I think u should learn to accomodate some MANNERS and treat ppl like u expect to b treated! thats no way to treat a girl

ReputationRep:

Thank You

Ok i can give you a few tips:

The flash intro is nice - but does it really benefit visitors having to click through to the front of your site

The mp3s used - do you have premission to use them

The title font - comic sans ms is really not cool

The music on the main page - it might annoy vistors

The freeservers banner is annoying - if this is going to be a professional site rather than a project buy some space. Also maybe a co.uk or com domain name

There is not a lot of content on the site - most things say coming soon

There is no consistant design - there seem to be about 3 designs mixed about which give the site a broken feel

Having said that the front page is nicely laid out - same for the top 10. Decide on exactly what you want the site to be, add the content. and a consistant design and it will end up pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    I think u should learn to accomodate some MANNERS and treat ppl like u expect to b treated! thats no way to treat a girl
    In what way should I treat a girl differently from a boy in an argument?

ReputationRep:
    The music does suit the intro, but allow the user to bypass the intro :)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2003
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.