Turn on thread page Beta

Personal Internet Site, how can i make it better? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyuuki)
    its an all round good site for what purpose it serves.

points to correct.

remove the music, it will kill 56k ers and people are only going to be interested for the first 15 seconds of opening the page, so in those 15 seconds if they havent been satasfied they will leave. so the intro isnt a good idea, as if ur 56 k (most of world) waiting for an intro to load, even though they can click skip, wont get them interested in the site,

to be honest with u i closed the site purly because i couldnt stand the music, your an information site and the music isnt apropriate for that medium, its like giving you a book and asking you to read it while i play loude music at you.

the over layout is good, although on the front pge the typ to the left i belive would look better if it was left justified.

the site has lots of good info and could keep somone interested for along time.

a good thing to do would be to get hosting, from somwhere like f2s.com ect.

overall if the above were fixed. it would be a great site, im currently working on trying to fix the portfolio bit of mine *link below) ill finish it one day....

good work
    thnx, i use 512k thats y i cant notice i need 56k ppl, ne1 like to share their passwords? hehe but seriously ur right most ppl abroad cant have broadband (like in northern cyrpus!!!!!) lol

ReputationRep:
    by ther way, please feel free to recommend stuff for my old site on my school (which i guess who had to do!!! http://www.whlforever.8m.com

ReputationRep:
    its an all round good site for what purpose it serves.

points to correct.

remove the music, it will kill 56k ers and people are only going to be interested for the first 15 seconds of opening the page, so in those 15 seconds if they havent been satasfied they will leave. so the intro isnt a good idea, as if ur 56 k (most of world) waiting for an intro to load, even though they can click skip, wont get them interested in the site,

to be honest with u i closed the site purly because i couldnt stand the music, your an information site and the music isnt apropriate for that medium, its like giving you a book and asking you to read it while i play loude music at you.

the over layout is good, although on the front pge the typ to the left i belive would look better if it was left justified.

the site has lots of good info and could keep somone interested for along time.

a good thing to do would be to get hosting, from somwhere like f2s.com ect.

overall if the above were fixed. it would be a great site, im currently working on trying to fix the portfolio bit of mine *link below) ill finish it one day....

good work
    tanner you cheeky git, don't promote your website as advice, however talented you may be, let the kid shine.Music was a little naff though.i wait in earnest for mcgloughlin though,lol
    kyle

ReputationRep:
    kyle, u know absolutly **** about design, and webdesign,,,, so stay out of battles u aint gunna win,

ReputationRep:
    kyle, u know absolutly **** about design, and webdesign,,,, so stay out of battles u aint gunna win,
    **** man i worship u! b my teacher ur site rocks excellent to the eye

ReputationRep:
    handbags!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    I hear the sound of inflating egos. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnfinity)
    I hear the sound of inflating egos. :rolleyes:
    lol, ru streaming the music off the net? hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    thx, (btw ur sig ses , life life to the limit, ? live? dunno if that was suposed to be intended.

ReputationRep:
    thx, (btw ur sig ses , life life to the limit, ? live? dunno if that was suposed to be intended.
    yea *ebarresed
    thnx ill fix it now

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.