The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Haruhi
I got 20 seconds for the ball falling in oil.

Edit:

No - I got something small like 0.1... seconds? :s-smilie:

The one with the distance of 0.16m
Reply 21
I got 54.4N for the average horizontal force.
0.181 seconds for the ball falling into the cylinder(s=1/2at^2 so t^2 = s/(0.5a), its velocity when it hits 1.77ms^-1

Edit : Realistically how could it take 20 seconds for the ball to fall 16cm?
Reply 22
Haruhi
O__O I put 2.5pie.

me toooo
Haruhi
O__O I put 2.5pie.

This.
Reply 24
Haruhi
I got 20 seconds for the ball falling in oil.

no way??? it was a distance of like 0.16 metres and a was 9.81 , what the hell?
Reply 25
furry747
Edit:

No - I got something small like 0.1... seconds? :s-smilie:

The one with the distance of 0.16m

Actually that was for some other question... I got 0.18 seconds for ball in oil.
Reply 26
Mitch92uK
0.181 seconds for the ball falling into the cylinder(s=1/2at^2 so t^2 = s/(0.5a), its velocity when it hits 1.77ms^-1

Yay! :yep:
Reply 27
I put 5pi/2 for the phase but I'm unsure whether it's right tbh. might just be pi/2.
Reply 28
Haruhi
O__O I put 2.5pie.

actaully nooo i put 2.25 pi which was wrong
Reply 29
kayn
no way??? it was a distance of like 0.16 metres and a was 9.81 , what the hell?

yea sorry my bad... I got 0.18 for that question... i got confused with another question.
Reply 30
cant believe they gave you like 3/4 marks for some easy questions though , like show the extension was 17mm
Mitch92uK

yeah actually 54.4N rings a bell, and the others seem familiar :biggrin:
Reply 32
The wave was 1 and a quarter so its 2pie + pie/2 = 2.5pie
Reply 33
what did people put for the standing wave question asking us Y's movement after a half period? I put that it was a node so there'd be no displacement..
Reply 34
yes haruhi, but when you think about it, phase difference is the fraction of a cycle that two particles are apart. 5/2pi of a cycle is the same as 0.5pi of a cycle, as a cycle is equal to 2pi.
Haruhi
The wave was 1 and a quarter so its 2pie + pie/2 = 2.5pie

But there was another point in phase with x 1 wavelength along from it, and the distance from that to point Y was another 1/4 wavelength along so it was 90 degrees or pi/2
Reply 36
apokalypse
what did people put for the standing wave question asking us Y's movement after a half period? I put that it was a node so there'd be no displacement..

it wasn't a standing wave
heinsmit
it wasn't a standing wave

lol
Reply 38
apokalypse

it was proggressive. that was the only question i think i droped marks on wasnt to sure what to write. i wrote some ******** like because its progressive its carrying energy. as it distance increases it frequency decreases because it looses energy as it moves ect. lol wrong probly but it was the only q on paper had to think about so cant complain
Reply 39
kayn
cant believe they gave you like 3/4 marks for some easy questions though , like show the extension was 17mm

I needed an extra sheet of paper to do that one cuz I got it wrong so many times!

I got it in the end.. I got something like 33. ...

and then divided by 2 because of the 2 ropes.

Latest

Trending

Trending