Boys Watch

This discussion is closed.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I will say exactly the same thing and hopefully your brain will decode it and understand.

Shy doesn't equal socially retarded.

Or atleast i think it doesn't.
magiccarpet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
and i will repeat what i was saying too.

if A is too shy to talk to B
and B is too shy to talk to A.

A and B havent met properly before. B doesnt speak the language too well.they are of different age groups. this means conversation will dry up.

the scene begins in a quiet secluded corner of Starbucks. A is dressed nicely, in a shirt and smart jeans. he smells of fresh aftershave. B has bought a dress specially for the occasion. they aproach the till, walking stiffly,shyly avoidiing eye contact or touching.
eg
a: hi how u doing today?
b:fine
a: ok i'll have a latte and whatever the lady is having
b:same
*sits down at table*
a:so how is school
b: ok
a:yea
*sips drink in unison
a:do you come here often
b:no
a: ok
*glance around at other people, long pause
a:nice weather
b:yea
*drinking speeds up*
a:going anywhere nice in the summer
*drains last of the drink*
a: ok i'dll see you at school
b:we should do this again sometime

*I THINK NOT!!*
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
and i will repeat what i was saying too.

if A is too shy to talk to B
and B is too shy to talk to A.

A and B havent met properly before. B doesnt speak the language too well.they are of different age groups. this means conversation will dry up.

eg
a: hi how u doing today?
b:fine
a: ok i'll have a latte and whatever the lady is having
b:same
*sits down at table*
a:so how is school
b: ok
a:yea
*sips drink in unison
a:do you come here often
a: ok
*glance around at other people, long pause
a:nice weather
b:yea
*drinking speeds up*
a:going anywhere nice in the summer
*drains last of the drink*
a: ok i'dll see you at school
b:we should do this again sometime

*I THINK NOT!!*

haha- I think not! Try scriptwriting...it'd be comedy.
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Laces)
haha- I think not! Try scriptwriting...it'd be comedy.
clearly you havent been in this situation. trust me. being with a shy person and being shy urself where u both know u lik each other is the WORST!!!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
go for it, DEFINITELY or you'll regret it. trust me, i know!
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ye a i thihnk this girl should do somthing i loved a guy at sch for 7 yrs and we wer both shy. if i hav not meet anyone els i owuld still ov him
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for the person who neg repped me for my bad english spelling i have abnormally big fingers. i claim disability discrimination.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mrs. Political)
The problem is that he is german, and all his friends are german. I am studying german at a-level but i'm not that good. Another problem is that he is really cool, and he sits in this awful room that is so uncomfortable because all the people are awful. I really like him and i can't stop thinking about him- it's starting to be a pain now, because i think someone knows and will tell him. Embarassing!
Oh this is hilarious... Can he not speak english? :confused: :confused:

Give him a few years and track him down when he's got his basic verbs with some nouns.
lil_crazyflakes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mrs. Political)
The problem is that he is german, and all his friends are german. I am studying german at a-level but i'm not that good. Another problem is that he is really cool, and he sits in this awful room that is so uncomfortable because all the people are awful. I really like him and i can't stop thinking about him- it's starting to be a pain now, because i think someone knows and will tell him. Embarassing!
Then do something really sweet like attempting to write him a letter or note or something in german. Then you won't have to talk to him, or go near the people you don't like. Also the bonus is you can run away after you give it to him, but he will still get the message
tis_me_lord
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by metta)
unless its warhammer or something. He may think you're also interested and talk your ears off...

(apologies to warhammer fans, if there are any :p: )
*cries*
magiccarpet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lil_crazyflakes)
Then do something really sweet like attempting to write him a letter or note or something in german. Then you won't have to talk to him, or go near the people you don't like. Also the bonus is you can run away after you give it to him, but he will still get the message
he will prob be embarrassed-imagine how most 18yr old guys would react to this.and if u run away how can he ask u out NONONO
unfinished sympathy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I was thinking about asking him for some help with german, and then talking round to- what are you doing at the weekend? etc etc
erk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by magiccarpet)
for the person who neg repped me for my bad english spelling i have abnormally big fingers. i claim disability discrimination.
are you joking? i'm sure the tip isn't that big that you click RANDOM keys. Abnormally big fingers doesn't relate to spelling. :rolleyes: :rofl:
Sarah234
Report 13 years ago
Ok then! Back on topic. Just make some random friendly comment when you see him like 'could i borrow a pen' or 'I can't believe how cold it is!' (Probs 2nd one better cos you can start a convo). Smile a lot. When he replies, if he says as little as poss such as 'uhuh' and moves away, check his body language, speech and expression to see whether it is shyness or non-interest. If it's the shyness try to keep the convo going, or try get him talking another day. Over all be friendly without being scary.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed