The Student Room Group

My friend doesn't understand

I was let down big style by a really good friend and he doesn't seem to understand that I don't want to talk to him. He's like "why are you causing an atmosphere?" - which if truth be told I am, but I can't act like nothing has happened, I feel too hurt and betrayed to go back to normal. Not sure if I ever can really.

Any ideas on what I should say? Whenever he says "ur not been friendly anymore" I just say "oohh oohhhh i will be just give me time" but its not damn well working!
Reply 1
does he know what hes done?
Reply 2
laura789
does he know what hes done?

Yeah, he confessed what he'd done to me. He knows what he's done is bad but now he expects me to go back to normal for some reason.
Reply 3
Just put your foot down, and tell him in no uncertain terms that YOU will speak to HIM as and when you are ready.
yeh hes got to understand that you need time and that when your ready to go back to normal youll let him no. but i wouldnt suggest blocking hi out completely otherwise if u do want him to be there in future u may have pushed him away too far.
Reply 5
To be honest, the silent treatement which girls seem to use all too often pisses me off. It's one of the most pathetic things going. It's basically, "i'm too stupid to tell you what's wrong so i'm going to throw a tantrum and act rediculously childish". Why don't you just tell him the truth, say it's going to take time, but don't be silent for no reason - remember, you only live once. :|
Reply 6
The thing is, other people at school have started to notice the rift, which is getting annoying because I don't want everyone to end up finding out about the whole bloody random saga. Grrrrrr! But no, you're all right, I need to be firmer and put my foot down. I feel so mean doing that though, guess I'm just too damn soft. Great.
Reply 7
I am talking to him - but only in terms of basic acknowledgements. TBH I can't wait to leave school now so I can build bridges when I want, not in full view of the sixth form bitches.
sorry, did i miss sth? what did he do?
Reply 9
magiccarpet
sorry, did i miss sth? what did he do?

Spent 2 months secretly and compulsively looking at my TSR post history (accessed through my user profile) and didn't tell me - until saturday. Thus knows a lot about me that I thought none of my friends knew. Might not seem like its bad, but it feels like an invasion into my privacy and I feel very betrayed.
Reply 10
Just stand your ground, and never speak to him again when you leave school, Year 13 is it? only a few more weeks and you can cut him off!

Latest

Trending

Trending