Turn on thread page Beta

What real life skills do you have? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We all know how good people are at maths and science but what other skills do people have on here?

Mine are:

Map reading - Apart from getting people stuck down country lanes I am very good at it,

Time management - I never find in my work late and I am always on time for lectures/work etc.

Bus routes - I know almost every bus route in South Manchester and thats a hell of a lot of routes. I am also very good at finding my way round strange places.

Electronics - I've always been good at messing about with electical stuff such as mains, computers, HIFI etc

Consumerism - I consider myself a very good consumer and its virtualy impossible for a sales person to give me the hard sell if they do they get no sale.

Hiding somthing I cannot do which is a very basic thing.

ReputationRep:
    I totally rock at doing a Barney the Dinosaur impression.

ReputationRep:
    reproductionism - i am able to reproduce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    reproductionism - i am able to reproduce
    How do you know? Is there a string of illegitimate children strewn across the country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZigZag)
    How do you know? Is there a string of illegitimate children strewn across the country?
    maybe :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Consuming alcohol in a distinguished and attentive manner (the serious face as i sip my whisky/vodka/brandy straight is not - not I say - an attempt to hide the grimace i'm making)

Sense of direction - lead me to a place, i can make my own way home usually.

Cookery - i make the best pancakes this side of the great pond (apart from the Hampstead creperie... mmmm...) and some decent hamburgers too

electronics/computers - nothing fancy, but i can generally set things up and make them work

translating dead languages from and into English - essential to my everyday wellbeing, and vital in the workplace

ReputationRep:
    pschlogy - I'm good at anaysisng people (I dont take hte subject)

ReputationRep:
    Working Complicated On screen touch tills - Pretty self desrciptive there.
    Ability to drive, Just Inside the law.
    Can Clean, Mop and Polish Floors (Yeay!)
    Good Knowledge of whats going on in the world.
    Applitude for useless information that comes in useful.
    Some computer skills
    Knowledge of Consumerisation and advertising..- Work For a Media company reviewing product ideas and doing surveys occasionly.. in return for free cds.

ReputationRep:
    Electronics/Computers - Can solder, can build circuits. Can build computers/fix any problem on them

Cars - Basic maintainance bit, watched/helped out a bit with my dad rebuilding an engine

Oh, and I do antique clocks (fixing, restoring, maintaining) with a bit of french polishing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    We all know how good people are at maths and science but what other skills do people have on here?
    None. :eek:

Edit: Writing, thank goodness I scared myself for a moment.

ReputationRep:
    I can reeeeeeeeally fast and breakdance.
    EDIT- The missing verb was of course...Run. Ta da!

ReputationRep:
    i have three,

The ability to acquire a skill at ease (mastered the game of badminton on my 3rd game :eek: )

The ability to make user manuals for 'beginners', 'newbies', whatever.

The ability to reproduce (yes! i can!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    I can reeeeeeeeally fast and breakdance.
    You're missing a verb.

ReputationRep:
    I can fly 'planes, drive tanks, work radios (effectively, mind), read maps and shoot you in any body part you care to name at 300m or in the general area of said body part at 500m. Oh, and outdrink American Navy SEALS.

ReputationRep:
    Map reading, sense of direction, public speaking, debating, arguing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i can cook, i communicate well and hopefully i display leadership qualities...

apparantly i argue quite well and can bend peoples will to suit me...

ReputationRep:
    Is being good in bed a real life skill?

ReputationRep:
    Hell, yes. Ain't any qualifications in it, though.

ReputationRep:
    To repair bikes (after knocking mine to pieces and back again)
    To kill any thread of my choosing (go on i dear u....look up all my posts, see how many threads just die after me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainKing)
    Is being good in bed a real life skill?
    Not becuase any old bimbo can do that, as otherwise you could just say that attractive people have a skill. I am talking about practical skills and those suitable for a family audience, this thread was made before the water shed

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.