Turn on thread page Beta

Israel-The Illegal Apartheid State watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Bengali_Bruv)
    by the way just to mention this fact that the first Suicide bomber of this intifada was Christian so this is not a Muslim movement. Its a nationalistic Palestinian movement. you cannot envisage why suicide bombers do what hey do unless you live with them or experience what they experience.
    No .. that means its not EXCLUSIVELY Muslim ... but it is 99.9999% Muslim.

I dont have to understand why they do it (though I can imagine) - that doesnt excuse it - anymore than a child abuser doing so because he suffered the same thing at the hands of his father...

are you saying I need to be abused to condemn it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    I agree, thats less reprehensible, but its David and Goliath, isn't it?
    No, because David didn't exactly go sling-shotting Goliath's mom and younger brother.

ReputationRep:
    engagement doesnt necessarily mean fighting. it could mean campaigning, waging a social war, waging a war against apartheid policies.
    But you were talking about suicide bombers.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, thats less reprehensible, but its David and Goliath, isn't it?
    David & Goliath? Hmmm.....I'd never thought of group of nine year olds or office workers enjoying a lunch time cappucino as Goliaths before.

ReputationRep:
    are you sure your not confusing Al Qaeda with Islam? Because beleive me you they are totally different polar opposites.
    Polar opposites? How so?

ReputationRep:
    If they complied then they clearly feel Israel, given their history, and their allies, gets away with whatever it wants to.
    and so continues the circle.

in this tit for tat outlook nothing changes.

ways to proceed:
    one side backs down.
    one side uses "exponential force" and genocides the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well, that's the whole point. There were people living there before. Evidently, God told them to fcuk off:

"For My angel will go before you and bring you in to the land of the Amorites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Canaanites, the Hivites and the Jebusites; and I will completely destroy them...."
    Well that wraps it up conveniently then, anytime i find myself questioning anything again, i'll just dip in to the bible and put my mind at rest....

As an aside, who are all those "ites"? By the way, i hate to make a very trite, obvious point, but any group of people could write a book claiming that a higher power says do XandY because its in their interests

ReputationRep:
    what basic necesseties do Palestinians have? no clean water, no good standard of education, no work, no security, no NOTHING.

ReputationRep:
    what basic necesseties do Palestinians have? no clean water, no good standard of education, no work, no security, no NOTHING.
    not much better for many people in their neighbouring arab countries. whereas israel seems to be making a jolly good effort at being a successful nation.

ReputationRep:
    Point?

ReputationRep:
    that is why i said they are opposties. Theyre thinking against Islam is different. They have interpreted the Quran into a manifestation to suit themselves.

ReputationRep:
    are you not-so-subtly changing the topic of the conversation?

ReputationRep:
    and how has Israel become a 'jolly' good nation? with 30% of Americas total foregin aid every year. thats how.

ReputationRep:
    that is why i said they are opposties. Theyre thinking against Islam is different. They have interpreted the Quran into a manifestation to suit themselves.
    So how does that make it the polar opposite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    David & Goliath? Hmmm.....I'd never thought of group of nine year olds or office workers enjoying a lunch time cappucino as Goliaths before.
    I was talking about Palestinian civilians attacking the Israeli military :confused:

ReputationRep:
    and how has Israel become a 'jolly' good nation? with 30% of Americas total foregin aid every year. thats how.
    yep...being friendly with the west certainly pays dont it?

the palestinians might have noticed that...but then again. no.

ReputationRep:
    Which goes to military forces - hardly something that benefits the country - all it does it PREVENT detriment ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    No, because David didn't exactly go sling-shotting Goliath's mom and younger brother.
    I was talking about attacking the military

ReputationRep:
    yes, it is expensive to keep up you military when all of the nations around you don't recognise your right to exist, and would invade if they had any chance of success. And yet, Israel still has a pretty high standard of living for the general population.

ReputationRep:
    again tekhnik you are making this sound like a 'bad-guy/good-guy' scenario with the West as the good guys.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.