The Student Room Group

HAIR ON MY NECK (I'm a girl).. :( :( :(

Ive always had lots of hair on my nack and a few months ago my local beauticians started this thing called IPL which is "just like laser". I went along with it, each treatment costing me £70. She said upto 6 treatments would be good but Ive had 8 treatments now and the hair greows back the same :confused: :confused: :confused:

I couldnt afford it anymore so she suggested i just wax the hair. I agreed to have it waxed and now the hairs come out like a beard. It looks like my ex's newly grown beard!!!

I dont know what to do. Im so upset and embaressd. I havent even gone out of the house for a week now.

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Anyone of similar experience? What did you do?

Scroll to see replies

You should have left it - everyone gets hair!
NEVER, EVER SHAVE IT OFF!

Never ever shave anything! Waxing/epilating/threading is the way forward. :yes:
Grow your hair and it will cover your neck, dont tie up your hair and it should be fine
Everyone gets hair on their neck dont worry :smile:
Reply 4
Usually Id leave it.. but its more than it was ever before.. and most of it is in grown hair. so like dark black spots all over my hair. it looks like a mans beard! :frown: :frown:
lady_n1
Ive always had lots of hair on my nack and a few months ago my local beauticians started this thing called IPL which is "just like laser". I went along with it, each treatment costing me £70. She said upto 6 treatments would be good but Ive had 8 treatments now and the hair greows back the same :confused: :confused: :confused:

I couldnt afford it anymore so she suggested i just wax the hair. I agreed to have it waxed and now the hairs come out like a beard. It looks like my ex's newly grown beard!!!

I dont know what to do. Im so upset and embaressd. I havent even gone out of the house for a week now.

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Anyone of similar experience? What did you do?

Oooooh unfortunately I laughed, sorry.

But erm... complain at your beauty salon? You should at least get something free.
Reply 6
KayleeLand
Oooooh unfortunately I laughed, sorry.

But erm... complain at your beauty salon? You should at least get something free.

Your'e very nice aren't you. Thanks
Reply 7
melissa_239
oh don't worry about it :smile:
i'm one of the hariest and palest people i know you just have to forget about it,
i get my neck waxed
apparently if you do it for long enough it makes the hairs thinner so maybe just keep on with it and see what happens,
or email embarassing illnesses/bodies/whatever it is :smile:

I hope atleast it grows out!!! Its been a week and the hair seems to just not grow! :frown:
Reply 8
do you take birth control?
lady_n1
Your'e very nice aren't you. Thanks

... deleted due to unappreciation.
Raddoun

Condoms.
Reply 11
£560!! You could have bought a new neck for that.
Reply 12
KayleeLand
Sorry.

But it's just funny that you spent so much money and clearly just got ripped off. Ask to speak to the manager and then report them to the health and beauty association body. At the end of the day, if it was a car that you bought that didn't work, then you'd blatantly sue. So what's the difference. With the amount of money you've spent, you could have bought a banger.

I did talk to the lady in charge. She said i sighned a "contract" that they do not guarantee blah blah. The bitch lied to me. She made me sign this sheet just as i had gotten up from the 1st treatment and was rushing somewhere. She said its just so you "understand the procedure". I didnt think it was a contract saying i cant acuse them of anything. God i HATE HER! :angry: :angry:
Reply 13
Raddoun

I went on that about 2 months just before my treatments. It made me FAT and my boobs went up like 3 sizes!!!

WHilst the treatment.. i was told not to take any bitch controls so I stoped. Im thinking of going back to my GP. Maybe try that again. Exept i just dont want to put tonnes of weight on again
Reply 14
Gimothy
£560!! You could have bought a new neck for that.

I know :frown: :frown: :frown:
Laser does NOT WORK on hair unless it's really dark and thick, so the woman at the beauty salon is either really unproffessional or was ripping you off, knowing it'll only make it worse (because usually u need to shave an area to do laser on it).

I have the same problem - have a lot of long light hairs on my neck and chin, and the best thing to do is find a good and proffessional person at electrolysis.
Electrolysis is the ONLY way to remove hair that isn't very dark and thick permanently - and even if your hair is thicker now laser still wouldn't work on it cos it was originally a lot lighter and less thick.

Find a good person to do electrolysis though - someone bad can leave your face scarred/holey etc., so check for references and see how experienced they are.

Whatever you do, don't shave it as that only makes it worse (and it'd take longer for the electrolysis to remove it all because of how thick it'll get.

Good luck!
Reply 16
lady_n1
I went on that about 2 months just before my treatments. It made me FAT and my boobs went up like 3 sizes!!!

WHilst the treatment.. i was told not to take any bitch controls so I stoped. Im thinking of going back to my GP. Maybe try that again. Exept i just dont want to put tonnes of weight on again

I was wondering because birth control pills can be the reason behind hair/beard growth... :smile:
Reply 17
Anonymous
Laser does NOT WORK on hair unless it's really dark and thick, so the woman at the beauty salon is either really unproffessional or was ripping you off, knowing it'll only make it worse (because usually u need to shave an area to do laser on it).

I have the same problem - have a lot of long light hairs on my neck and chin, and the best thing to do is find a good and proffessional person at electrolysis.
Electrolysis is the ONLY way to remove hair that isn't very dark and thick permanently - and even if your hair is thicker now laser still wouldn't work on it cos it was originally a lot lighter and less thick.

Find a good person to do electrolysis though - someone bad can leave your face scarred/holey etc., so check for references and see how experienced they are.

Whatever you do, don't shave it as that only makes it worse (and it'd take longer for the electrolysis to remove it all because of how thick it'll get.

Good luck!

Can u suggest any good places for electrolysis? if you're in london ofcourse
Reply 18
You could use tweezers
Reply 19
Raddoun
I was wondering because birth control pills can be the reason behind hair/beard growth... :smile:

No.Ive had this problem since puberty :frown:
My GP said the opposite. He said birth controls are a good method to control your hormones and I should try them out again. =/ :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending