uglyness Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pski
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Making the effort is completely necessary. Hair makes all the difference, you just need to find a style that suits your face. Eyebrows can also make a huge difference, you just need someone who knows what theyre doing to get it all right for you!
milady
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
im wondering if its possible to be ugly but then look nice by sorting your hair out etc. Its just in sixthform we rated each other in class i got 4.8 which was lowest and to be honest i thought i had a good looking face but i just didnt make the effort. Is uglyness/niceness based on bone structure, eyes and natural stuff or is it how much effort you put in?
OMG, I hate that rating game. It is so cruel and wrong. Another game like that is the 'who will lose their virginity last?'. I hate people who suggest those things; they're just hoping, secretly, for self-gratification.

I think, with prettiness it helps to have a good bone structure, but honestly, if you have no really bad defects, then you can easily be pretty, if you put in the effort.

you might even be better off than other people. if you wear make-up (heavily) ALL the time, then when people see you without it, you'd look so much worse by comparison. But you can only look better! You can only improve. You don't have the problem of Christina Aguilera who refuses to let anyone see her without full make-up on.

Please look here. It makes me, at least, feel better about myself.
Monii
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
your inner beauty can also change it..some guys from our class told us that they thought one girl was extremely ugly when they saw her for the v first time but then when they got to know her they changed their minds and now they think she's "normal/average" (she didn't hear this so it is unbiased)
Raziel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think anyone that make s an effort to get washed,groom themselves or have the right make up and clothes that suit them would look really good regardless of the stereotypical outlook on uglyness/good looking
Hana_87
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by milady)

Oooh thats kinda scary. I thought J-Lo was truly beautiful, how let down i feel
Ms Red
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Micheal Jackson is freaky, I will be having nightmares about his face tonight
matt4504
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MissisKate)
aawwwww
:rolleyes:
Bless you...
Ribomania
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This is an official invatation to a boat party I am hosting on the OTARBS thread tonight you are all invited.............
mkenani
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ha ha h a
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
rating is stupid

everyone is beautiful in their own way
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no one is ugly.
dappleddawndrawndauphin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OMG, I hate that rating game. It is so cruel and wrong. Another game like that is the 'who will lose their virginity last?'. I hate people who suggest those things; they're just hoping, secretly, for self-gratification.

I think, with prettiness it helps to have a good bone structure, but honestly, if you have no really bad defects, then you can easily be pretty, if you put in the effort.

you might even be better off than other people. if you wear make-up (heavily) ALL the time, then when people see you without it, you'd look so much worse by comparison. But you can only look better! You can only improve. You don't have the problem of Christina Aguilera who refuses to let anyone see her without full make-up on.

Omg... I sooo want their makeup artists :p: what a transformation :rolleyes:
greenmuzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
everyone is beautiful in their own way
I hate being PC. Why do we have to slump to the belief that everyone is some how beautiful? Not everyone is. Lot's of people aren't. Such is life.

And while yes, some physically repulsive people have some inner beauty burning away inside them, this isn't a universal truth.
Blue Bliss
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No. Some people are plain ugly. Sometimes they have a glowing personality to make up for it, because personality matters more of course (looks is more about approachability, a good smile goes a long way).

But then there are people with ugly personalities to boot.

Some people can't be saved with make up, plastic surgery, style... whatever.

Yes, maybe we're all beautiful in our own way. But we're ugly in our own way in SO many respects. It depends what you see, what you want to see.

This is where the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" comes from.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just think i'm plain ugly... but as has been said so many times, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... It just happens that this beholder hates looking at himself...
Ms Red
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
I just think i'm plain ugly... but as has been said so many times, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... It just happens that this beholder hates looking at himself...

from your pics in the picture thread, you sure aint ugly
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ms Red)
from your pics in the picture thread, you sure aint ugly
Well you must have been looking at the wrong pictures then... :p:
Ms Red
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Well you must have been looking at the wrong pictures then... :p:
maybe it was a different Iluvatar, there are so many round here
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Thats scary :eek: Especially Christina Aguilera.

But I was cross they put Johnny Depp on there - he looked beautiful in both pictures. He always looks beautiful :mad:
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ms Red)
maybe it was a different Iluvatar, there are so many round here
Really?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads