The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm meant to be resitting the 3rd biology module from last year but now I've relaised that I won't have enough time to revise it all as well as my other subjects - maths and psychology (as well as 4 g.s) so I'm not going to go to the examl. - will be a bit demoralising haing a 0 on my sheet i know but i think its too late to withdraw now :frown:
Reply 21
I'm resitting Spanish Unit 1 and Drama/Theatre Unit 3 in Jan, but I've also got Drama/Theatre Unit 5 to sit aswell *phew!*
Reply 22
law paper 3 and psychology paper 1.
I'm resitting 2: 1 maths (P4) and 1 general studies, which I won't be revising for anyway. Both of those I got D's in!

Apart from P4 and GS3, I got straight A's in the summer.
Reply 24
Acid_Rain
Well, my school is just a lowly comprehensive, so I doubt we're anything special. Probably just down to studying different novels - we did the Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, but I've read The Bell and would think its much harder to study. Although I was really surprised by the mark I got - totally panicked in the exam and was convinced afterwards I'd messed up completely. Maybe I was just lucky and had a very lenient examiner?

Yeah, everyone did really well in Texts in Context. I got 114 for that, but 36 for the modern novel! (It later got marked up to 41). My school are still appealing for a complete re-mark of everyone's papers.
Our school has 80 people taking english, with four teachers teaching different groups for the modern novel. I did the Handmaid's Tale too, but half the year also did Enduring Love. I don't think it's possible that, with four different teachers teaching the modern novel, with two different novels being studied, and with most people getting A's in the other two modules that most of the modern novel papers should've been marked as low as they were.
Reply 25
im doing 1 bio, 1 chem, 1 phys and all AS gen studies. then 2 chem (inc. practical) and phys practical in june including all A2's :frown:
got ABC. C in chem. need A for medicine.

Latest

Trending

Trending