Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz i am lol . i cant stop thinkin bout fact that eventually it will happen. help!
    Yes, I am worried about death.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think about death so can't comment, young people tend to think they're immortal. But anyone who says they're not afraid of death is lying, they most likely haven't been put in a position where they had to face death. If someone was to put a gun to their head i reckon they'd be very scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    ...young people tend to think they're immortal.
    You mean I'm not?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    You mean I'm not?!
    You might be, after all you're special aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    Me. Definitely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Me. Definitely.
    Scared of death or immortal?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Scared of death or immortal?!
    The former, unfortunately. Sorry i didn't read the thread!! so it didn't follow on too well.

ReputationRep:
    As the oh so great woody allen said "I'm not scared of death, I just don't want to be around when it happens".

Personally however, I don't plan or even intend on ever dying. cryogenics are the way forward!!

ReputationRep:
    A more interesting question would be... "is any1 not scared of death?".

Death is one of those things that you can't avoid thinking about forever, because even if you have no interest in it, it sure as hell has interest in you.

ReputationRep:
    What if God doesnt like me and decides to send me to eternal hell?

ReputationRep:
    Then you should invest in a good fridge-freezer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rIcHrD)
    A more interesting question would be... "is any1 not scared of death?".

Death is one of those things that you can't avoid thinking about forever, because even if you have no interest in it, it sure as hell has interest in you.
    It depends what kind of death really. I certainly don't think about death with fear, we'll all get old and die. I don't think I'm going to be frightened of a natural death.
    But then it depends on the circumstance, if it's a natural death so be it (though obviously if it involved a disease it could be most unpleasant -but that would be the period before, death would be the relief), but if someone were to shove a gun to my head (or similar) then yes I'd be scared, but I suppose that's the abruptness (and shock) of it- no oppertunity to tie off loose ends etc. And also- the tension I suppose.

I suppose I fear the death of others rather than my own end. -Though I don't mean to imply it's something I'm paranoid about.

Meh. It'll come.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed; why waste valuable time and effort contemplating what is afterall inevitable. Better to spend time contemplating the not-so-inevitable things, like what to have for lunch today and what shoes to buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rIcHrD)
    Then you should invest in a good fridge-freezer.
    LMAO

ReputationRep:
    it's inevitable...so i don't like to think about it...

i'm not afraid to die, but i'm afraid i'd never see the things i leave behind. (doesn't really make sense but anyways)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz i am lol . i cant stop thinkin bout fact that eventually it will happen. help!
    im not bothered at all really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    im not bothered at all really
    Maybe you should be afraid. This test will tell you exactly what's going to happen to you after death...

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Apparently drowing's a really nice way to die. You kind of go to sleep. (My grandfather drowned, nearly died but got revived, in case you're wondering where I heard this!!)
    i thought it was one of the worst? because you feel your lungs fill up with water or something?

personally i don't like the prospect of dieing much, thats the thing about youth, u cant comprehend it. But with people dieing all around us it puts life into context a lot more. its strange that a lot of people actually fear the only certainity in our lives...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid of not living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    I'm not afraid to die, but I'm afraid of not living.
    Life is pleasant, death is peaceful - it's the transition that causes problems.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.