The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
"This she-wolf is a reward to my kinsman." is the first known sentence written in English.

And Winston Churchill's mother had a snake tattoo on her wrist.

Killer facts plundered from http://chasemeladies.blogspot.com/ (great site)
Reply 141
Since someone didnt like it on the other thread so im back here :biggrin:

1. The state with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska

2. 2 out of 5 people live in China or India

3. Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.

4. The city with the most Rolls Royce's per capita: Hong Kong

5. The most commonly used password on computer systems is "password."

6. The youngest pope was 11 years old.

7. The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments

Q. What separates "60 Minutes," on CBS from every other TV show?
A. No theme song.

Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?
A. Their birthplace.

Q. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser
printers all have in common?
A. All invented by women.

Q. The is the only food that doesn't spoil?
A. Honey

Q. What trivia fact about Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) is the most
ironic?
A. He was allergic to carrots.

I hope this time you wont mind :rolleyes:
If you fired a harpoon into a Whales eye it wouldmost likely come out of the other one due to the whales small brain...........................

Throw a 5cm pebble at a 50+knot rib it is likely it will erupt into a fireball in the next 10-30 seconds...................

Amzybaby24 is a self confessed "I don't know if I'm straight bi upside down or a woman"............................

Horses can go up stairs but not down....................

Elephants are the only land mammals that can't jump due to their lack of knees....................

Thats about it, I'll have more l8r :biggrin:
Felicity
"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

All words beginning with 'Q' in the English language have 'U' as the second letter.
Is it now cows that can go upstairs but not down?? :confused:
tiger_babe
A jellyfish is 95% water.

I wonder if it's possible to evaporate them at 100 degerees C?
SilverWings
Is it now cows that can go upstairs but not down?? :confused:

I suppose that most four legged creatures with knees like that can't walk downstairs.
Janealams
Ofcourse that was long way back coca originally cola was green.

Sorry, but I checked, and this is not true. It is a false rumour. for more info check this site:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/green.asp
AndrewsJoseph
Sorry, but I checked, and this is not true. It is a false rumour. for more info check this site:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/green.asp

We are looking for facts, not fiction. Please make sure that there is some truth to your facts before posting.
the longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
Reply 150
Ms Red
In Hereford, you may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

However, in Chester you can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

I've one of these before concerning Shrewsbury. It's something to the effect of you are allowed to kill any Welshman (probably with a bow) that is seen to be walking towards/into Shrewsbury on a Sunday. The reasoning behind it is that they are probably going there to try and sell things at the market.
I've challenged a thread similar to this one to a competition to see who can find the most random fact. Please keep posting, I really want to win this! My thread was the origional, after all. I'll tell you if the other thread accepts my challenge!
raagyone
I've one of these before concerning Shrewsbury. It's something to the effect of you are allowed to kill any Welshman (probably with a bow) that is seen to be walking towards/into Shrewsbury on a Sunday. The reasoning behind it is that they are probably going there to try and sell things at the market.

I've been to Shrewsbury on a Sunday, but I went to buy things, not to sell them. These laws should have been stopped centuries ago!
Reply 153
AndrewsJoseph
I've been to Shrewsbury on a Sunday, but I went to buy things, not to sell them. These laws should have been stopped centuries ago!

You were safe then.
Don't know if anyone has posted these two yet:

-In England it is technically illegal to be in a public place without any money on you as you are seen as a potential beggar.

-In New York it is illegal to walk around with an ice cream in your back pocket.
Reply 154
One I'm sure you all know.

The cammel has the longest eyelashs in the world
Dude
One I'm sure you all know.

The cammel has the longest eyelashs in the world

Camel Milk doesn't curdle. Quite useful, seeing as it is a desert animal, and it is hot there!
AndrewsJoseph
Camel Milk doesn't curdle. Quite useful, seeing as it is a desert animal, and it is hot there!

:eek: how do you know all this? :eek:
Reply 157
AndrewsJoseph
I've challenged a thread similar to this one to a competition to see who can find the most random fact. Please keep posting, I really want to win this! My thread was the origional, after all. I'll tell you if the other thread accepts my challenge!

nah u shouldn't do this :rolleyes:
ya guys keep on posting but on the other thread "Did you Know" :biggrin:
Reply 158
gossip_girl
:eek: how do you know all this? :eek:

i was wonderin that its jus stuff people pick up i suppose
Janealams
nah u shouldn't do this :rolleyes:
ya guys keep on posting but on the other thread "Did you Know" :biggrin:

Please ignore this message and keep posting here. This person is just trying to promote their Incredibly awful thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending