The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AndrewsJoseph
What is the craziest, or most effective excuse you have ever used to get out of lessons? Or don't you need an excuse to miss lessons?

Generally I just don't go, and then if asked say I was ill... hardly original or crazy I know, but it works. Failing that, I say I got all confused (I'm blonde) and got my timetable mixed up.
Reply 2
I just say i was doing cool stuff or i was stuck behind a tractor on the way to school. if the head of year i just tell him (stevo) im awesome.
Reply 3
I normallyjust say that I missed my bus, although last week I had a real excuse...I walked into a door, and hit my nose so hard that i gave myself a mild concussion, not funny!
Reply 4
if you tell the teacher that someone told you the lesson was cancelled but you dont want to say who told you so they dont get in trouble, THAT works.. :P
Reply 5
AndrewsJoseph
What is the craziest, or most effective excuse you have ever used to get out of lessons? Or don't you need an excuse to miss lessons?

Well normally I do not, but everybody has got the time to be lazy, like me. one day just slept at 4:00am, it is a little bit crazy, but I just couldn't get up at 8:00, I just sleep and cancel the class. My friends sent me message and asked me where was I, I just said that I was dreaming ~~~~:snoozing: ~~ He told the teacher that I was ill and two other girls come with me to the hospital. :biggrin:

Dizzy ~~~~~~~~~ :angel: :party:
Reply 6
I said once that I wasn't in lessons because I had a 'higher calling'
shazzam
I said once that I wasn't in lessons because I had a 'higher calling'

How strict is your teacher? I'd be kicked out of college for answering like that!!!
Reply 8
AndrewsJoseph
How strict is your teacher? I'd be kicked out of college for answering like that!!!

this was at high school, nothing actually happened over it which was a bit strange :rolleyes:
I have used many excuses. I forget what I have used. The funniest one, which was true, was when my friend fell out of a shopping trolley and we had to call an ambulance. Once, a lorry drove past me and a mate in the rain and she got soaked, so we had to go back to hers. We were an hour late, and told the truth - nobody believed us
my dog once ate my science homework, but my teacher loved me so she believed that :smile:
rxbeef
if you tell the teacher that someone told you the lesson was cancelled but you dont want to say who told you so they dont get in trouble, THAT works.. :P

ahhhh that never works for me lol! I usually use the 'I had to see the head of year about my UCAS form etc' excuse...boring yet effective x
Reply 12
when I dont go I dont say any excuse... I go to the lessons I want to... once they told me off... but after that they do not! lol! I'm paying the same amount whether I go or not!
i "missed the bus" :wink:
I looked at the wrong day on my timetable.
Reply 15
When we were younger, if you were so late that you missed registration, you used to have sign in at reception - they had a big book where you put your name and form and the date and the time at which you arrived and your reason for being late. As I was casually leaning on the reception desk one day, as you do, I noticed that my next-door neighbour had been late that morning and put as his excuse "family tradition". Beat that.
After History, I didn't think I had any lessons to go to, and so I *thought* it was lunch.

I decided to go home. Felt like I had to be somewhere. Kept worrying about what, whether it was work or an appointment. Then got a text from my friend asking why I wasn't in Maths.

Rushed back to college. Told them I was peckish and wanted something to eat. :biggrin:.
I just make up something off the top of my head,

I forgot

My duck was sick

I had to run an errand

I dont like you

Your lessons are boring

Football practice

Or i just avoid them until it all blows over

Doctors

Dentist

..........the list goes on and on!!

Reply 18
ran out of ink or paper for printer.(excuse for late cwks).
Oh i hate lessons!!!...especially P.E. lessons...and my excuses are:
-i hurt ma toe (with an excuse letter)
-i have a bad knee (with an excuse letter)
-im going to ma dentist
-im going to ma G.P. for an appt.
-i forgot ma kit
-im not feeling very well today, sir.
-or ill just stay in the toilet till the bell goes, lolol...........naughty me am i??? lol :p:
sorry i just dont like PE...its my worst nightmare...lolol :frown: