Turn on thread page Beta

lady macbeth watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    sorry bout making another homework thread, but does anyone hav any good essay titles pertaining to Lady Macbeth's character/personality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    sorry bout making another homework thread, but does anyone hav any good essay titles pertaining to Lady Macbeth's character/personality?
    Can you be more specific, please?

ReputationRep:
    all you need to be able to express about Lady Macbeth is her ambition is achieved ruthlessly through Macbeth, that her remorse is genuine and all too late and that she works as a catalyst to Macbeth.

ReputationRep:
    what do you have to write about excaity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    what do you have to write about excaity
    Well that's the thing...i know what i want to say ABOUT her, it's just the actual phrasing of a title that i need help with...not the actual content of the essay...that is, i want to write an essay in which i explore the facets of her character but i need title for it to come under! cheers xx

ReputationRep:
    Maybe just make a statement about the character and then argue for/ against.

I remember writing an essay on the character whose title went something like: "To what extent do you agree with Malcolm's assessment of Lady Macbeth as a 'fiend-like queen'?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    "The power-hungry character of Lady Macbeth, rather than Macbeth's ambition, is what drives Macbeth to undertake evil acts" How far doo you agree with this statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Grace

Read though all your notes you done about macbeth and if u stilll stuck i can give u some quetions which u answer into the course work (don't put the question) and if the same as my title you will get a good mark

Anne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne)
    Grace

Read though all your notes you done about macbeth and if u stilll stuck i can give u some quetions which u answer into the course work (don't put the question) and if the same as my title you will get a good mark

Anne
    Ok, i think maybe i'll do something along the lines of 'Explore Lady Macbeth's character and decide whether it is justifiable to label her as an inhumane monster'...does that sound okay?

Also, does anyone have any quotes to back up the statement "Even Macbeth is viewed at times as a weight upon her shoulders, holding her down and stopping her from acheiving ultimate success. His guilt is a stumbling block in her unrelenting march to success."
    I need a quote! If not, i'll just have to abandon that theory! Cheers xx

ReputationRep:
    I remember writing an essay on the character whose title went something like: "To what extent do you agree with Malcolm's assessment of Lady Macbeth as a 'fiend-like queen'?"[/QUOTE]

I did that essay too, for my year 10 english coursework!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    What about:

Do you agree of (Malcolm's) description of Lady Macbeth as a 'fiend-like' Queen?

Im not sure if it is malcolm who says it, but the quotation is like on the last page of the book or extremely close 2 the end, like in the last speech or summat.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.