Cheap, last minute holidays Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hana_87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hiiiiii!

Right, me and about 5/6 of my friends want to go on holiday this summer, well actually very soon, possibly around the 10th of June when our exams finish.

There will hopefully be about 6 of us, we are all 17 except one who is 19.

We really dont have a clue where to go, all we know is we wanna have fun and its got to be cheap.

Any ideas? I looked on expedia for holidays, they came up with one to tenerife but i'm not sure my friend is allowed to go there.
Any really good websites that you know of that can help me?

Were looking to go self catering, for about 7 days in the sunshine preferably! We also wanted to be somewhere with nightlife (obviously! :rolleyes: ) as it will be our first girlie holiday! So, i need help! :rolleyes:

We were thinking:

Kos (greece)
Malorca
Crete
Portugal
Gran Canaria
Turkey
ETC but i really don't know where to start! Also we need cheap flights! Can anyone help me?
Ms Red
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hana_87)
Hiiiiii!

Right, me and about 5/6 of my friends want to go on holiday this summer, well actually very soon, possibly around the 10th of June when our exams finish.

We really dont have a clue where to go, all we know is we wanna have fun and its got to be cheap.

Any ideas? I looked on expedia for holidays, they came up with one to tenerife but i'm not sure my friend is allowed to go there.

Were looking to go self catering, for about 7 days in
the sunshine preferably! We also wanted to be somewhere with nightlife (obviously! :rolleyes: ) as it will be our first girlie holiday! So, i need help! :rolleyes:

We were thinking:

Kos (greece)
Malorca
Crete
Portugal
Gran Canaria
Turkey
ETC but i really don't know where to start! Also we need cheap flights! Can anyone help me?
well turkey is very cheap once your there but flights might be more expensive, i think your best bet would be spain, the greek islands can be surprisinly expensive but really nice.....
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hiiiiii!

Were looking to go self catering, for about 7 days in the sunshine preferably! We also wanted to be somewhere with nightlife (obviously! :rolleyes: ) as it will be our first girlie holiday! So, i need help! :rolleyes:

We were thinking:

Kos (greece)
Malorca
Crete
Portugal
Gran Canaria
Turkey
my boyfriend and i went to bulgaria last year, but maybe the nightlife isn't what you'er looking for. was very cheap and hot though!

have a look on teletext holidays - they usually come up with some cheap ones
silver~planet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by allisandro)
have a look on teletext holidays - they usually come up with some cheap ones
Yep, I was going to suggest that. Also some high-street travel places have good last-minute deals, try there. Expedia was actually quite expensive last time I looked at it, but I can't think of any specific websites that are good. I googled last minute cheap holidays last time I tried. Good luck
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I seem to remember http://www.sunmaster.co.uk being good - have a look there, they were the cheapest I found when I was looking for holidays last year.
Hana_87
Rep:
?
(Original post by covered farm wagon)
I seem to remember http://www.sunmaster.co.uk being good - have a look there, they were the cheapest I found when I was looking for holidays last year.

Hmmm just looked. They don't give any information, pictures, flights or anything! :confused: :confused: :confused:
Amzybaby24
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
KOS or TENIREFFE (thata where we were gonna go) or MALAGA (v.popular)

all great palces... try travel agents websites/teletext if you gt a good deal you can take it too a travel agent and USUALLY they'll match it 4 u.
covered farm wagon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, you have to research the destination for yourself, and then ring up the number to book it. It's so cheap though - a week in Turkey, 4* hotel inc. flights for £69! :eek:
Hana_87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amzybaby24)
KOS or TENIREFFE (thata where we were gonna go) or MALAGA (v.popular)

all great palces... try travel agents websites/teletext if you gt a good deal you can take it too a travel agent and USUALLY they'll match it 4 u.

Thanks.x
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
God.. Abroad.. Nice. EasyJet are nice and Cheap flights, Also Expedia is not to bad.. But a bit more pricey daresay.

God I wish i was going abroad.. me and my mates Hired out Some Barns upcountry For end of exams.. Lots of drinking.. All 30 of us.
Hana_87
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hanzing)
God.. Abroad.. Nice. EasyJet are nice and Cheap flights, Also Expedia is not to bad.. But a bit more pricey daresay.

God I wish i was going abroad.. me and my mates Hired out Some Barns upcountry For end of exams.. Lots of drinking.. All 30 of us.

haha, it should be great, 6 GORGEOUS girlies on holiday... Alone :rolleyes:
kitty**b
Report 13 years ago
Im going to tenerife after exams with my friends, is gna be sooo good
Hana_87
Rep:
?
(Original post by kitty**b)
Im going to tenerife after exams with my friends, is gna be sooo good
o0o0o0oh i've been before.

MAKE SURE you go to PLAYA DE LAS AMERICAS if you like clubbing. hehe :rolleyes:
xxCharlottexx
Report 13 years ago
If any of your friends have timeshare anywhere, it will be really cheap. Me and 4 other girls are staying in a timeshare in Lanzarote during July for £150 (flights inc) for 7 days!

Does any1 know the best clubbing scene in Lanzarote? We're stuck for places to explore.
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Malia in crete is okish, I went in 2003- not really crete though.

Majorca is ok too- magalluf is worth seeing just because its so english. Had a bit of a **** time there though.

Portugal- going here this summer (lagos). Meant to be good and after the amount of stuff ive been up to this year I need a few weeks to unwind.

Make sure you budget enough money for the holiday- sure you might be able to get flights/accommodation/insurance for a week for £200ish but if you go to malia/magalluf/anywhere else where you're likely to go out a lot then i'd budget an extra £40-50 a day for food/drink/souviers/trips. Its pointless going on holiday and then being too skint to do anything.

edit- malaga is ok, wouldn't want to go there for a beach/get drunk holiday though. Its nearish Torremolinos which is a bit of a dive but more suited to that.
awesome
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
go to devon
Sarah7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xxCharlottexx)
If any of your friends have timeshare anywhere, it will be really cheap. Me and 4 other girls are staying in a timeshare in Lanzarote during July for £150 (flights inc) for 7 days!

Does any1 know the best clubbing scene in Lanzarote? We're stuck for places to explore.
We stopped in Puerto del Carmen, where theres a really good row of bars & clubs on the sea front. But it depends where you're stopping, if you're the opposite side of the island it would be a bit silly. Lol.
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wagon)
No, you have to research the destination for yourself, and then ring up the number to book it. It's so cheap though - a week in Turkey, 4* hotel inc. flights for £69! :eek:
Christ on a bike...what a good price! Well done!
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hiiiiii!

We were thinking:

Kos (greece)
Malorca
Crete
Portugal
Gran Canaria
Turkey
Hi,

I just booked 2 weeks in Ayia Napa (Cyprus). I booked with Thomas Cook, they're actually a lot cheaper than the other travel agents I looked at- exactly the same holiday for £300 less than on Thomson

http://www.thomascook.com/

I would also recommend reading up on the hotels that come up using - http://www.holidaysuncovered.com/
I found this website really useful, it has absolutely loads of reviews from all over the world.

Hope this helps
bex207
Report 13 years ago
I also found Thomas Cook cheap- i'm goin to Magalluf with three of my friends for a week in July
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1438)
79.71%
Leave (366)
20.29%

Watched Threads