The Student Room Group
University of York
York

What if I miss my offer - chances of getting in?

Hi, I've got York as my firm for History which asks for AAA.

I've been working really hard so obviously I'm hoping I'll make the grades. However, my English grade is really dodgy so I'm worried I'll end up with AAB!

I know the course is competitive but I'm wondering if they would still take me if I end up with AAB? Has anyone had experience of being accepted at York with lower grades than their offer?

I'm just wondering as last year the History offer was AAB (I applied without knowing it had changed for definite)... and it seems so unfair that its been put up to AAA as this leaves no room for a 'bad' exam for anyone taking 3 A Levels only.
Reply 1
there may possibly let you in , but you will only be able to find out on results day , i think
University of York
York
Reply 2
If you miss your offer, you'll probably have to phone up on results day. They'll probably let you in, but there's no guarantee. :frown:
I missed my offer by 2 marks and I still got in :smile: They asked for ABB and I got ABC. tbf it was only 2 marks. :smile:
Reply 4

Same boat.

Need AAA, may get AAB (stupid maths).

=.= :frown:

I actually applied before realizing it have been updated online to AAA, since I went off my prospectus that says AAB. =.='
Reply 5
Shakespeare1
I missed my offer by 2 marks and I still got in :smile: They asked for ABB and I got ABC. tbf it was only 2 marks. :smile:

You were lucky! My sistor missed her offer by 3 marks and LSE didn't take her.
I applied without realising they increased their offer as well...
Reply 7
Looks like I'll just have to wait to results day - x fingers crossed x

I was really angry they changed their offer, as I went up in September to look round, and the History departments said they'd be discussing changing the offer in the next week but it was unlikely and they said to go and ask admissions for sure...

I went to admissions and they said this was the first they'd heard of it... and if anything changed it would only be 'allowed' to for the year 2010/11, not 2009/10!!!!

Grrrrr!
Reply 8
I need AAB and I'm really scared that I'm going to end up getting ABB. I was told on the open day that they're unlikely to let you in for my department (politics) if you miss the grades. Sucks.
Reply 9
I'm worried the same will happen to me! I want to do Law, which is AAA but I'm worried they won't let me in if I get AAB, which is more than likely. And as there's only 90 places for Law, I'm doubly worried.

It doesn't help that I've had second thoughts about my second choice and wished I'd put Durham.
I missed a grade by a boundary (can't remember now but it was damn close) and biology still took me on.

Good luck guys.

Latest

Trending

Trending