The Student Room Group

Introvert or Extrovert

Which would you say is the best to be, an introvert or extrovert

Extroverts look all well and better off than introverts, but is this really true? Extroverts have to deal with things such as, more complicated relationships and tend to favour their own group invaluably, avoiding the outgroups (the introvert ingroups). Extroverts are popular, which is envied by introverts, but is envy really necessary? Introverts usually have much deeper friends who feel a connection between each other, but extroverts have a large, and rather shallow diversity of friends.

So, what is it better to be? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
An extrovert. At least they have social lives. :frown:
Somewhere in the middle is good imho...no one likes people who are TOO loud and forward, but if you are so introverted that you miss opportunities, don't stand up for yourself etc then that's not too helpful either! x
I'd prefer to be more extroverted than i am now for sure... being introverted is not much fun most of the time.
Introverts miss out on there life... if only they grew a pair of boll*cks and took a walk on the wild side, they'd never go back
Mad_Monkey59
Introverts miss out on there life... if only they grew a pair of boll*cks and took a walk on the wild side, they'd never go back

If it was as simple as that they would do it mostly...
Reply 6
Iluvatar
If it was as simple as that they would do it mostly...

Yup :biggrin: I'm sure that if someone was given the option "*******s, or no *******s?", they would prefer the former.

I'm somewhere in the middle...
Reply 7
A Psychology quiz deemed me a psychopathic extrovert.. Or something to that tune. I know I am, But then I also have great friends who I have known most of my life... So Im just breaking the rules..
Reply 8
beekeeper_
Yup :biggrin: I'm sure that if someone was given the option "*******s, or no *******s?", they would prefer the former.

It depends if you had *******s in the first place.
beekeeper_

:rolleyes:

I mean doing stuff that people would normally not consider that an introvert would/could do.
beekeeper_

well you have them, you just have to find them... i was quite introvert until I came to uni, im extrovert now because I met soooo many people, and realized that Introversy is just a frame of mind, and a group of friends.
Mad_Monkey59
well you have them, you just have to find them... i was quite introvert until I came to uni, im extrovert now because I met soooo many people, and realized that Introversy is just a frame of mind, and a group of friends.

Well thats all well and good if your any good at meeting people...
Mad_Monkey59

that's definitely true..I was very shy until a few years back (it might have something to do with discovering alcohol though lol!) x
Hanzing
A Psychology quiz deemed me a psychopathic extrovert.. Or something to that tune. I know I am, But then I also have great friends who I have known most of my life... So Im just breaking the rules..

Maybe you're one of those ****ed-up individuals who's extroverted but who shows emotions that aren't actually those that they're feeling. I know loads of people like that who claim to be extroverted only to actually hide their true personality. Truly messed up individuals...
Mad_Monkey59

Well, i found mine a long time ago. Must have been a good 18 years ago now... :p:
Sometimes it's good to be an extrovert- but sometimes it can be a bit embarrassing and you may regret things alot more.
Reply 16
beekeeper_

Hello :smile:
Reply 17
oOps in reply to the actual thread... :rolleyes:

I'm a bit of both, i am confident and (what was the other thing?) oh yeah, wealthy (i wish!) but on the other hand i can be shy when meeting new people. Oooh tricky.

I don't like the question.

:cool:
What matters is being real and true to oneself, not being extrovert or introvert, kiddies...

There's little use in being extrovert if you put on a front and don't actually show your true personality. A lot of self-proclaimed "extroverts" who claim to be open, friendly etc. are often very troubled individuals who are trying to hide their true personality.
Hana_87
Hello :smile:

Hello back :smile:

So yes... extroverts...

Latest

Trending

Trending