This discussion is closed.
khil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 98cesc)
Look, have any of you guys ever heard of PM'ing each other. Let's keep the posts related to the thread titles. This is the one thing about TSR which is really beginning to p*** me off. Loads of people search for threads related to something important and when they finally find one it's filled with posts from people having their own private conversations.

SORT IT OUT
Hey relax buddy! The whole point of a forum is you start posting to each other and the whole point of a University subforum is so students/students-to-be's can get to know each other - private conversation is one way of doing that. And it's cool posting in threads so everyone gets to know each other, rather than a select few. By the by I do PM people lol!

It's just a friendly environment, is all. If all the threads stick to just one topic you do realise all the threads will die very soon and no one would be posting? - Look at some of the other uni subforums, a lot of them is really a bit dead cus no one chats on the threads - then the subforum dies and no one even posts anymore. At least the Notts forum is coming to live again - when I checked back in Christmas it was really dead!

And if it annoys you so much, no one forces you to come visit TSR or this subforum, or read any of our posts.
98cesc
Badges: 0
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by irisng)
Hey relax buddy! The whole point of a forum is you start posting to each other and the whole point of a University subforum is so students/students-to-be's can get to know each other - private conversation is one way of doing that. And it's cool posting in threads so everyone gets to know each other, rather than a select few. By the by I do PM people lol!

It's just a friendly environment, is all. If all the threads stick to just one topic you do realise all the threads will die very soon and no one would be posting? - Look at some of the other uni subforums, a lot of them is really a bit dead cus no one chats on the threads - then the subforum dies and no one even posts anymore. At least the Notts forum is coming to live again - when I checked back in Christmas it was really dead!

And if it annoys you so much, no one forces you to come visit TSR or this subforum, or read any of our posts.
Yeah well, if you really do insist. Then at least keep the messages shortish. Most people do not care about these long posts about neurology, the cardiovascular system or your favourite subject at school. Some of these posts are several paragraphs long, and as I have already said lots of potential undergraduates come on here to find out information, and none of them are going to enjoy having to wade through a page of messages which belong in the individual subject forums to find the info they want.

You in particular should be careful seeing as you didn't start this thread. It's hardly fair to come on here and hijack someone else's idea for a thread. It was interesting to note that the vast majority of your posts on here had nothing to do with the guy who started it. Create your own damn threads for idle discussion if you have to do it on the Nottingham board.
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah well, if you really do insist. Then at least keep the messages shortish. Most people do not care about these long posts about neurology, the cardiovascular system or your favourite subject at school. Some of these posts are several paragraphs long, and as I have already said lots of potential undergraduates come on here to find out information, and none of them are going to enjoy having to wade through a page of messages which belong in the individual subject forums to find the info they want.

You in particular should be careful seeing as you didn't start this thread. It's hardly fair to come on here and hijack someone else's idea for a thread. It was interesting to note that the vast majority of your posts on here had nothing to do with the guy who started it. Create your own damn threads for idle discussion if you have to do it on the Nottingham board.
What on earth is your problem? - the regulars in this Notts subforum seem to have no problem with anything that I've posted. You may not care about what I or anyone else here may talk about - but then again I didn't expect you to seeing as I wasn't talking to you! - you don't have to care - I couldn't care less if you do or not.

You're welcomed to join us and be friends with us etc and very welcomed also to bring this thread back to the topic - but don't start being so damn rude to people when I've done nothing against you except post! Anyway, isn't it good that people round the Notts subforum are chatting and getting to know each other? - it's the whole point, isn't it? - if you want some solid information you would be round the Nottingham Uni website, surely? Isn't it good that we're all a good little community in the subforum - would you rather it be rather dead like, say, the Reading subforum - which I've visited but the most recent posts seem to be days or weeks ago.

You know, if you want someone to shout at - go over the the Cambridge subforum - there're two threads for Cambridge students 2004 and 2005 - there's no real topic on either of those threads other than private conversations, much like here. But I actually quite like those threads cus it's so carefree and people are just chatting and being friends.

It is ALSO interesting to note - nothing you've posted in this subforum to date has anything to do with the title of this particular thread either. So who are you to say anything?
mousey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
woooo irisng *claps*
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mousey)
woooo irisng *claps*
:star:
Thank you, thank you
98cesc
?
Report 16 years ago
What the hell is wrong with you. You want to know what my problem is.... I think you'll find I've already mentioned it. TWICE. I clearly said that people come on hear trying to find info that can be really useful choosing accomodation/university choices. Maybe you can't read very well because I mentioned the fact that you have other options. You CAN PM other people. Maybe you would also like to remember that the original person who started this thread wasn't personally talking to you either. I am sure a lot of other people would agree that they would not like their thread, which they may have started for reasons which were important to them, hi jacked by a group of people too lazy and selfish to keep their conversations too themselves (That's rude) and too stupid to still fail to understand my point after having clearly reiterated it.

And come on... surely you would by now realise that my posts do have something to do with the thread title, I am trying to ensure that this thread as well as many others stay topic related. Or maybe your too thick to realise that as well.

All in all you don't seem to be the best at using your brain to understand what people are saying. I guess that would explain your difficulty in understanding that this thread started for entirely different reasons than to satisfy your need for private conversations.
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What the hell is wrong with you. You want to know what my problem is.... I think you'll find I've already mentioned it. TWICE. I clearly said that people come on hear trying to find info that can be really useful choosing accomodation/university choices. Maybe you can't read very well because I mentioned the fact that you have other options. You CAN PM other people. Maybe you would also like to remember that the original person who started this thread wasn't personally talking to you either. I am sure a lot of other people would agree that they would not like their thread, which they may have started for reasons which were important to them, hi jacked by a group of people too lazy and selfish to keep their conversations too themselves (That's rude) and too stupid to still fail to understand my point after having clearly reiterated it.

And come on... surely you would by now realise that my posts do have something to do with the thread title, I am trying to ensure that this thread as well as many others stay topic related. Or maybe your too thick to realise that as well.

All in all you don't seem to be the best at using your brain to understand what people are saying. I guess that would explain your difficulty in understanding that this thread started for entirely different reasons than to satisfy your need for private conversations.
And I've also clearly said if anyone really wanted solid information, and not opinions, on accommadations etc they would be visiting the Nottingham University website - or maybe you just can't read?

Why the hell have you come and picked on us then? - there're dozens of other threads where friendly people chat and make friends and form a nice circle - if you look in a lot of the Cambridge threads you'll find the same thing - like the thread titled "Stash" went all the way to talking about scoring in Korfball - but no one's complaining cus everyone's friends and it's a friendly environment and the subforum would die if people didn't chat and if they didn't chat the whole TSR board would be so damn boring nobody would come on.

And goodness no, you're coming to Nottingham Uni? - or are you there already? And if it's neither, why the hell do you care what we talk about on this subforum!?

Hehe and you've done SUCH a good job in keeping this thread to the topic, haven't you? - or steering it back, as it were. You do realise one good way of getting something back to topic is by actually raising the topic again, instead of attacking people.

Fine, you want it back to topic, start talking about halls then. Be my guest - I have no problem with that. I've already told you you're very welcomed to bring it back to topic - but attacking people is not the way to go about it cus as you can see, we're steering further and further off topic - and because of you, all the friendly conversations, which are harmless, have halted and instead you're here destroying the whole friendly atmosphere, which I had rather liked. Don't go pointing the finger at me - you aren't talking about halls - who're you to say anything? You're now also leading the thread off-topic, whatever your intentions - so why don't you shout at yourself for a bit for being such a pain to everyone here who have done nothing against you - except you having to pick a fight. Or maybe you're bored and got nothing to do cus no one wants to talk to you?
98cesc
?
Report 16 years ago
OMG, You really are thick aren't you. Do you have any common sense. Do you know what using your initiative means. I never said people come on hear only for solid information. And in any case did it ever occur to you that maybe the Nottingham University website doesn't contain every single thing people might want to know about. That maybe it is just a little bit biased in some instances. I don't know, maybe you haven't even read the website. This would be really odd for someone going to Notts in September. But then again you haven't really illustrated your aptitude for reading on this thread, what with me having to make the same point three times. Funny how things always seem to come back to your inability to read properly.....but anyway

And by the way, get your facts straight, I never started by attacking anyone. Go back and "read" my original message. It was open to everyone. It was you who started to single people out.

And yes I am trying to stop threads going off the topic. Perhaps it would have worked if you didn't insist on replying to me in such an ignorant way. You still don't seem to have worked out my point despite me having stated it 3 or 4 times. I never asked for any replies. Your the only one who has decided to take offence to my post.

Why don't you take a look at yourself. Your the one who started the argument not me. I was just trying to express my opinion which I have a right to do.
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OMG, You really are thick aren't you. Do you have any common sense. Do you know what using your initiative means. I never said people come on hear only for solid information. And in any case did it ever occur to you that maybe the Nottingham University website doesn't contain every single thing people might want to know about. That maybe it is just a little bit biased in some instances. I don't know, maybe you haven't even read the website. This would be really odd for someone going to Notts in September. But then again you haven't really illustrated your aptitude for reading on this thread, what with me having to make the same point three times. Funny how things always seem to come back to your inability to read properly.....but anyway

And by the way, get your facts straight, I never started by attacking anyone. Go back and "read" my original message. It was open to everyone. It was you who started to single people out.
You're the one who had a problem with people chatting on this thread - so YOU use your initiative - and this time, use it constructively so it actually WORKS instead of have it lead more off-topic. Nobody else had a problem with chat on threads, therefore why should I be the one to start talking about halls again? - and anyway, do you really think I'd listen to you? If you have a problem with it, YOU sort it. I'm not, cus I don't have a problem with all this and neither does anyone ELSE who comes on this subforum.

And TSR is the site to go to for solid information that the uni website doesn't have, eh?

Hehe maybe you really ARE just bored. Insulting people and all - I never insulted you, I never even knew you existed - it was you who stirred up a fight. And you know what? - you're right - I responded to you, so that part is my own fault. From now on I'll very simply ignore you.
98cesc
?
Report 16 years ago
First of all, yes TSR is often the site to go to since people have the opportunity to share their experiences of a particular university. They can also ask current students about aspects of university life which you cannot find out about in a prospectus.

Yet again I am gonna have to repeat myself. Perhaps my post would have worked had you not decided to be argumentative and reply in such a way.

And as far as insulting goes, who did I insult, apart from you possibly, who brought it on yourself.

Yeah maybe you have got the right idea this time by not bothering to reply since you don't come out with anything sensible and you clearly aren't able to see the validity of anyone else's point other than your own.
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
First of all, yes TSR is often the site to go to since people have the opportunity to share their experiences of a particular university. They can also ask current students about aspects of university life which you cannot find out about in a prospectus.

Yet again I am gonna have to repeat myself. Perhaps my post would have worked had you not decided to be argumentative and reply in such a way.

And as far as insulting goes, who did I insult, apart from you possibly, who brought it on yourself.

Yeah maybe you have got the right idea this time by not bothering to reply since you don't come out with anything sensible and you clearly aren't able to see the validity of anyone else's point other than your own.
I think your posts simply served to annoy a lot of people.

Oh just go get a life, will you? - you're not welcomed here. If people here annoy you so much why are you still here?

I see the validity of your point but I also see no harm in a bit of chat in threads. Anyone is welcomed to raise the original topic again if they so wish but so far, no one has.

*sigh* I can't be bothered with you anymore. If you're so insistent in talking about halls - tell me then, what do you know about them? You're merely annoyed and wanted to pick a fight - I'll bet if there's more people like you, every subforum on this board will die and TSR simply wouldn't be here anymore. You serve to disrupt and disturb and annoy and you're basically a pest.
98cesc
?
Report 16 years ago
I never said people here annoy me. I actually think TSR is a really good website and the quality of the people here is a lot higher than on some other similar discussion forums.

You are right though I am annoyed, and I decided that it would be a good idea for once to voice my opinion on something that I did not feel helped those who try to find specific information here.

I think you have got to take a serious look at yourself if you think I came on here for a fight. I never challenged anyone directly. Originally I never quoted anyone directly, I simply voiced my opinion on something I felt strongly about. I think it is pretty clear that you picked a fight with me. You are the one person, out of all those who my post concerned who insisted on pursuing a personal vendetta against me. Don't you think that it's funny how through all of our replies to each other no-one else has had anything to say other than you. This pretty much says for itself who is going around picking fights. I never replied directly to you, you did however reply directly to me. Think about that.

You've obviously wound yourself up for no reason and quite frankly I think you're ruining the friendly atmosphere of this website. You should stop being so selfish and realise that everyone else who uses this website is able to get along perfectly well. If you find this hard to take perhaps you should take your anger somewhere else and leave the rest of us to enjoy the benefits of TSR.
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I never said people here annoy me. I actually think TSR is a really good website and the quality of the people here is a lot higher than on some other similar discussion forums.

You are right though I am annoyed, and I decided that it would be a good idea for once to voice my opinion on something that I did not feel helped those who try to find specific information here.

I think you have got to take a serious look at yourself if you think I came on here for a fight. I never challenged anyone directly. Originally I never quoted anyone directly, I simply voiced my opinion on something I felt strongly about. I think it is pretty clear that you picked a fight with me. You are the one person, out of all those who my post concerned who insisted on pursuing a personal vendetta against me. Don't you think that it's funny how through all of our replies to each other no-one else has had anything to say other than you. This pretty much says for itself who is going around picking fights. I never replied directly to you, you did however reply directly to me. Think about that.

You've obviously wound yourself up for no reason and quite frankly I think you're ruining the friendly atmosphere of this website. You should stop being so selfish and realise that everyone else who uses this website is able to get along perfectly well. If you find this hard to take perhaps you should take your anger somewhere else and leave the rest of us to enjoy the benefits of TSR.
Oh 98cesc you make me laugh! Thanks! - I haven't grinned like this in ages!

Originally anyway I was very friendly with you - I merely said you are not forced to read what you do not wanna read, but you're welcomed here if you wanna join. You replied with a warning as though I should be cautious or afraid of something. It was you who was unfriendly, not me. You carried on by telling me how thick I am when you don't even know me. I'd left any insults til the last two posts or so responding to you - and even then I'd tried to keep it to the minimum. And fair enough some things annoy you - but no need to start insulting those who respond to you. Or would you rather people simply ignored you next time?

And seeing as you're so well informed of what I'm like, you would realise I'm not actually a hostile person, as is evident from all my posts anywhere on TSR bar the ones directed at you, and a few to Billionnaire Boy. It was you who started to insult me - someone who actually read what you had to say, told you welcome and actually said you're invited to bring this thread back to topic, if you so wished. You decided NOT to do that - even now when I've invited you, yet again, to tell me about halls - the topic of this thread - you have failed to do so, but have carried on arguing. I think it's quite clear who's picking the fight.
dan_iel_2000
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
peace and love in the forums lol. I haven't read the whole arguement but just the fact that there is one isn't nice for our lovely notts forum :tsr: .
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dan_iel_2000)
peace and love in the forums lol. I haven't read the whole arguement but just the fact that there is one isn't nice for our lovely notts forum :tsr: .
Tis true indeed :p: I don't like 98cesc as I'm sure he doesn't like me either. He can sod off for all I care.

Anyway Daniel, reply to my replies - let's carry on with our convos and ignore 98 thingy!

And btw people are still welcomed to talk about halls We'll reply to those as well all the same.
98cesc
?
Report 16 years ago
Wow huh, 8 hours gone with no replies. It looks like you've pretty much killed this thread. Well done. You've finally got what you wanted. I hope you feel really good about yourself.
~euarne~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello! wooohhooo...what I wasn’t online for 20 hours and I miss out on all the fun - so unfair :p: . And hello! 98 person...what is thy problem!

So you were online for the past 8 hours to actually see if YOU (as it was going fine until you came about!) have killed the thread, got nothing better to do on a Saturday? Was that your purpose, if so how interesting! For you seem to claim zealously that you wanted to bring the topic back to the actual thread subject. Goes to prove how lame your initial argument was.

Getting jealous were we, at the success of this particular sub forum? And hehe, don’t you go about insulting neurology and cardiovascular systems. Why are you going to university anyway, if you can’t be bothered to listen to other people’s views and opinions, interests and passions!

If you need information, there is sufficient amount of those everywhere on this sub forum. If you do require any information in particular, just ask away and we would try our best! But if you haven’t got anything to ask, just criticise then don’t keep you agenda hidden – just come out with it!

So you think university information would be biased and ours fair. How little do you KNOW about being biased? Our information would be about things we know and things we want and like! University website, which you SEE and the information you READ, would be the actual facts. Our opinion is SUBJECTIVE… it depends on the individual; the university information would be the mere FACT. So if you are so desperate to look for FACTS…go to those would you. And if you want to form a community and get to know people around here, who would try their best to help you out – come and join us…see we even welcome our worst critics :rolleyes: .
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wow huh, 8 hours gone with no replies. It looks like you've pretty much killed this thread. Well done. You've finally got what you wanted. I hope you feel really good about yourself.
How stupid can you get!? - I posted my last post on here - read the frigging TIME - at around 1am!!!! - Do you really expect people to be posting at 4am!? - people do need sleep you know!
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~euarne~)
Hello! wooohhooo...what I wasn’t online for 20 hours and I miss out on all the fun - so unfair :p: . And hello! 98 person...what is thy problem!

So you were online for the past 8 hours to actually see if YOU (as it was going fine until you came about!) have killed the thread, got nothing better to do on a Saturday? Was that your purpose, if so how interesting! For you seem to claim zealously that you wanted to bring the topic back to the actual thread subject. Goes to prove how lame your initial argument was.

Getting jealous were we, at the success of this particular sub forum? And hehe, don’t you go about insulting neurology and cardiovascular systems. Why are you going to university anyway, if you can’t be bothered to listen to other people’s views and opinions, interests and passions!

If you need information, there is sufficient amount of those everywhere on this sub forum. If you do require any information in particular, just ask away and we would try our best! But if you haven’t got anything to ask, just criticise then don’t keep you agenda hidden – just come out with it!

So you think university information would be biased and ours fair. How little do you KNOW about being biased? Our information would be about things we know and things we want and like! University website, which you SEE and the information you READ, would be the actual facts. Our opinion is SUBJECTIVE… it depends on the individual; the university information would be the mere FACT. So if you are so desperate to look for FACTS…go to those would you. And if you want to form a community and get to know people around here, who would try their best to help you out – come and join us…see we even welcome our worst critics :rolleyes: .
Thanx I would positive-rep you but I think I owe 98cesc some rep :p: although I still have to wait another few hours to wait for my previous rep to expire :rolleyes:

Hehe so what you been up to Rai? Read anything interesting on Neurology? I'm getting worried cus I don't like homeostasis but I sorta can't really escape it seeing as it's sorta linked directly with the nervous system... :confused: ahhhhhhh the joy of science!

And to whoever who positive-repped me for this thread, thanx!
dan_iel_2000
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
rofl irising didn't kill the forum. I went out yesterday after I sent that message hehe.

Yes we must carry on talking. Since this forum is about halls I'll talk a little about them. I actaully sent an e-mail to the accommodation office asking to be in Hu Stu lol...yes kind of stupid but if they actually put me there I won't mind at all. I hope you get allocated somewhere near me so we all can remain in contact and ward off these tools we have found in the forums haha.

I've been trying to learn some recipies for uni...my mother will still be spoiling me with her food to heat up in the microwave...but its always nice to learn something to cook by yourself. I never actually went into any of these halls so I have no idea how the cooking facilities are like. I am expecting a fridge with room for every student to occupy one 18th of the thing lol and just hope no smarty pants takes any of your things.

I can't wait to eat a McFlurry, those things are so good, we don't get them here People are probably going to laugh at me because when I get there the first thing I have to stock up on are my sweets and chocolate...I eventually get over them but whenever I arrive in England I have this compulsive disorder for buying cadbury's caramel, jaffa cakes, McVities lol...the list continues
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (196)
55.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.84%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.3%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.32%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.24%

Watched Threads