Report 16 years ago
Where are you from?
~euarne~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dan_iel_2000)
rofl irising didn't kill the forum. I went out yesterday after I sent that message hehe.

Yes we must carry on talking. Since this forum is about halls I'll talk a little about them. I actaully sent an e-mail to the accommodation office asking to be in Hu Stu lol...yes kind of stupid but if they actually put me there I won't mind at all. I hope you get allocated somewhere near me so we all can remain in contact and ward off these tools we have found in the forums haha.

I've been trying to learn some recipies for uni...my mother will still be spoiling me with her food to heat up in the microwave...but its always nice to learn something to cook by yourself. I never actually went into any of these halls so I have no idea how the cooking facilities are like. I am expecting a fridge with room for every student to occupy one 18th of the thing lol and just hope no smarty pants takes any of your things.

I can't wait to eat a McFlurry, those things are so good, we don't get them here People are probably going to laugh at me because when I get there the first thing I have to stock up on are my sweets and chocolate...I eventually get over them but whenever I arrive in England I have this compulsive disorder for buying cadbury's caramel, jaffa cakes, McVities lol...the list continues
Jaffa cakes are the bestest thing that they ever invented! I eat too much of junk and probably continue to do so when I am at uni. Mum's going to drop by every other weekend and bring yummy food!!! YAY! So well it would be a great respite from hall food, as people keep saying it’s horrible.

Well I cant cook anything myself...well apart from cheese on toast which I think is the best food in the world. (well amongst the things I attempt make!) Oh I intend to stock up on biscotti, I have to have them. Its like this addiction thing As for cooking facilities, I think there is a kitchen on every floor, with the essentials - kettle, toaster, microwave and fridge.
~euarne~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by irisng)
Thanx I would positive-rep you but I think I owe 98cesc some rep :p: although I still have to wait another few hours to wait for my previous rep to expire :rolleyes:

Hehe so what you been up to Rai? Read anything interesting on Neurology? I'm getting worried cus I don't like homeostasis but I sorta can't really escape it seeing as it's sorta linked directly with the nervous system... :confused: ahhhhhhh the joy of science!

And to whoever who positive-repped me for this thread, thanx!

Hehe, Thankxxxx!

Anyway, havnt read anything about neurology, although I have to read this book for work...its called 'Textbook of Influeza' - LOL. Its quite jolly with all this mortality statistics and epidemiology. But am reading something extremely nail biting - well I have lost all my nails...well its Star Wars: Episode III!!! OMG, its SO brilliant! I read it all night yesterday and I cried. I have never cried reading a sci-fi before. Cant wait till the movie comes out.

Yep, with neuroscience you would require some homeostatis but not that much I would think! But then again I dont know your modules :rolleyes:
dan_iel_2000
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I live in Brazil Fa|ique.

hehe jaffa cakes are good yes, after eating 8 in a row I start to realize I have to stop consuming all this junk. I'm not really into fatty junk food aka hamburgers, chips, crisps etc. but I love all the sugary stuff lol.

I'm lucky that my mother is bringing food also...I love indian food but I can't live on mircowavable curry for ever lol or pasta. Talking about microwaves last time I was in england they had introduced the microwavable hamburgers which sound so gross and probably get all mushy once you put it in. This reminds me of the distaster that happened when I went to do a course at oxford last year. My friend and I were very happy that we bought frozen pizza to heat up in the oven...when we got there we realized that the pizza didn't fit in the oven and that we had no metal plate thingy to put the pizza on. So...as you may have guessed we resorted to using the microwave. The pizza came out so gooey and mushy that we had trouble eating. At least I learned my lesson on utensils and microwaves before I actually go to uni!
mousey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The microwaveable hamburgers are ok actually. Even though the adverts are terrible. xx
khil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
rofl irising didn't kill the forum. I went out yesterday after I sent that message hehe.

Yes we must carry on talking. Since this forum is about halls I'll talk a little about them. I actaully sent an e-mail to the accommodation office asking to be in Hu Stu lol...yes kind of stupid but if they actually put me there I won't mind at all. I hope you get allocated somewhere near me so we all can remain in contact and ward off these tools we have found in the forums haha.

I've been trying to learn some recipies for uni...my mother will still be spoiling me with her food to heat up in the microwave...but its always nice to learn something to cook by yourself. I never actually went into any of these halls so I have no idea how the cooking facilities are like. I am expecting a fridge with room for every student to occupy one 18th of the thing lol and just hope no smarty pants takes any of your things.

I can't wait to eat a McFlurry, those things are so good, we don't get them here People are probably going to laugh at me because when I get there the first thing I have to stock up on are my sweets and chocolate...I eventually get over them but whenever I arrive in England I have this compulsive disorder for buying cadbury's caramel, jaffa cakes, McVities lol...the list continues
Hehe thanx guys for the support (as in my fight with 98cesc)

Yay if you're at Hugh Stuart - ok... have... forgotten... how... to... spell... Stuart...? - anyway! LOL! I won't mind being put into Hu Stu myself either My preferences are Hu Stu, Cripps and Flo Bo - but Flo Bo is only really if a friend's there :p: otherwise I'd prefer Hu Stu or Cripps. Yay if I do get put into Cripps I won't be all alone cus you guy would be right next to me! Yeh would be well cool if we all end up in the same hall

Ooooh what recipes are you learning? - you can cook my Brazillian food! I've never really had any before! I can't cook - maybe I'd better learn soon :confused: But I'm too lazy to cook... meh! Yeh my parents aren't gonna get me a fridge cus they got my sister one when she first started - and people ended up using her fridge and she never really used it herself :rolleyes: Don't worry if your mum's food is *lovely* you can be sure I'll nick them! Yum yum :marchmell I'll return empty bowls for you to find in the fridge yeh? I remember I did that with my sister - I was like, 4 or 5 or whatever - I was still in nursery either way! - and I went to school in the morning and my sister went in the afternoon - both schools were half-day ones - and each time my sister would come home to find her sweets all gone and mum would go, "Who ate them?" and I'd very honestly say "I did!" :marchmell Seeeeeeeee, at least I'm honest about it! :p:

Nah stocking up on chocolates etc isn't laughable - it's exactly what me and my sister do whenever we go off to some big Chinese supermarket in London - which is rather rare - or the last time we went back to HK (1998) we bought lots and lots of sweets and crisps and chocolates over Most of the products are Japanese, or others like these sweets that are Swedish, I think, or the French Milka chocolate, none of which you get in England The boxed heart-shaped Milka chocolates are my child-hood favourites I didn't know English back then so I called it "heart-shaped chocolates" I remember my mum asked me once, when I was 6 or something, what would I do if she was ill. I said I'd give her my favourite heart-shaped chocolates :p: not very *practical* but seeing as I was only a kid and was willing to share my favourites, it's something Think my mum was pretty touched lol!

But lol yeh - stocking up isn't laughable at all! - I know how you must feel, as I would loooooove to have some Milka again, or all those childhood sweets I had in HK! However you'll be living in England for the next 3 years, so I'm sure the stocking up will wear off soon enough You planning on staying in England after graduation? Or back to Brazil?
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mousey)
The microwaveable hamburgers are ok actually. Even though the adverts are terrible. xx
I ever quite match up the gas mark or whatever the heat indicator is called with the actual heat of the microwave... :rolleyes: which means after 10min of microwaving the burger comes up dried and err... crunchy... or rock-hard may be more precise. Ahh the joy of cooking!
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~euarne~)
Hehe, Thankxxxx!

Anyway, havnt read anything about neurology, although I have to read this book for work...its called 'Textbook of Influeza' - LOL. Its quite jolly with all this mortality statistics and epidemiology. But am reading something extremely nail biting - well I have lost all my nails...well its Star Wars: Episode III!!! OMG, its SO brilliant! I read it all night yesterday and I cried. I have never cried reading a sci-fi before. Cant wait till the movie comes out.

Yep, with neuroscience you would require some homeostatis but not that much I would think! But then again I dont know your modules :rolleyes:
It's quite normal to cry when reading - I cry all the time well, not at crime novels, I must say! - but typical romances and family-life type stories Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas by James Patterson is an excellent book - I had to cry when I came to the ending - it's so bittersweet And there's this book you should NEVER read if you're hoping for some up-lifting! - it's called The Colour of Hope by Susan Madison. From the first page onwards all the way through reading I had this heavy weight in me and the book is so damn depressing - made me cry at various places and the ending - by the ending I had lost all hope for the character with cancer - Will - and had simply felt numb when his last hope for a transplant went out the window then Will committed suicide Yeh, not a book to read for some cheering up, I say!

Textbook of Influenza? - sounds cool! - something I'd watch a documentry on but possibly not read an entire book on Viruses are quite interesting. Would you say they're living or not, you think?

And I suppose homeostasis wouldn't be such a huge part of neuroscience - but it's still there

And I'm reading Ian Rankin's Blood Hunt atm - it's such a cool book! The only reason why it's taking me so long to finish is cus of work - but I keep coming back to it even though I might've stopped for ages. Tis the sign of a good book If the book is merely "good" and not GOOD - like Patricia Cornwell's - once you get busy you simply never come back to the book :rolleyes: I'm gonna try the Reubus series by Rankin after exams - maybe he'll become one of very few of my favourite authors! I only have 2 favourites currently - and if anyone's interested in crime and action, Lee Child and Henning Mankell are both EXCELLENT authors!

Lol, if anyone's interested in crime... :p:
mousey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love crime writing. WIth reading i often try to read thingfs i wouldn't normally over a wide variety of genres and time periods - however i will always go back to crime thrillers when i want some relief. The Rebeus series Rankin wrote are excellent - but please read them in order otherwise certain events are ruined. I quite liked 'The hanging Garden' myself. Patricia Cornwell is excellent too, and i often read James Patterson and Kathy Reichs. John Grisham too. We've got sooo many novels like this in my house because it's a genre the whole family reads. I need to catch up actually - i haven't read any in ages. xx
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mousey)
I love crime writing. WIth reading i often try to read thingfs i wouldn't normally over a wide variety of genres and time periods - however i will always go back to crime thrillers when i want some relief. The Rebeus series Rankin wrote are excellent - but please read them in order otherwise certain events are ruined. I quite liked 'The hanging Garden' myself. Patricia Cornwell is excellent too, and i often read James Patterson and Kathy Reichs. John Grisham too. We've got sooo many novels like this in my house because it's a genre the whole family reads. I need to catch up actually - i haven't read any in ages. xx
Lol yeh I really would leave catching up on reading after the exams! - I had stopped reading midway through AS last year, yeh, and couldn't be bothered to get back to it after so long. Then my friend lent me Patricia Cornwell's Postmortem - which basically released a flood! - I CRAVED books after that! - it's been sooooooooo long and it was SUCH a good feeling to read again! - I wasted my entire Easter Holiday just reading - 3 novels in a week - I was really thirsty for some crime novels! Lol, yeh, not good to get such a craving right before the exams... :rolleyes:

Hmmm yeh I'll try and read the Rebeus series in order. Unfortunately I had started Henning Mankell's Wallander series midway cus I had stumbled upon it - which meant some of the relationships got a bit muddled up, like I read the Wallander's dad had died - then I went to another book and he's alive again! Mankell does very excellent crime-writing as well as portraying some very delicate and intricate relationships within the story, without it becoming all pathetic at all - which meant the relationship side is a bit like a dessert at the side - a little nice essence, a flavouring, if you will. It's what I love about his writing - and it's so simple - in two lines of very simple English (ok it's actually swedish but it's translated) it captures the atmosphere and the very essence of the scene so perfectly, and it's just opened enough for you to imagine but specific enough for you to picture. Mankell is excellent.

Luckily enough I had stumbled upon the very first book in the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child not that it truly matters tbh since each story is different and Reacher is a bit of a traveller who leaves no traces - he's ex-military you see - such characters are very interesting! - hence also my interest in Blood Hunt by Rankin cus the character Reeve is a very similar character.

Lol cool that you got so many crime novels at home! - both my parents like reading but they're not crazy like me, so they don't read all that often at all. I tried John Grisham - the Chamber - but got bored about 50 pages into it so gave up :p: Never really tried another Grisham book but my Mathmo-to-be friend reads his books a lot.

Who's Kathy Reichs?

And James Patterson is good - the ending in Violets are Blue is quite disappointing though - don't remember why - but the book itself was great! He's not my favourite though, not sure why, but he's a good author. I was rather surprised to find that he was a crime author cus the first book I'd ever read of his was actually Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas - which was an emotional, romantic little novel which I absolutely loved.

Wow... I wrote half a page on novels alone :confused: at times like these I ask myself WHY am I doing science and not humanities!!??
dan_iel_2000
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe thanx guys for the support (as in my fight with 98cesc)

Yay if you're at Hugh Stuart - ok... have... forgotten... how... to... spell... Stuart...? - anyway! LOL! I won't mind being put into Hu Stu myself either My preferences are Hu Stu, Cripps and Flo Bo - but Flo Bo is only really if a friend's there :p: otherwise I'd prefer Hu Stu or Cripps. Yay if I do get put into Cripps I won't be all alone cus you guy would be right next to me! Yeh would be well cool if we all end up in the same hall

Ooooh what recipes are you learning? - you can cook my Brazillian food! I've never really had any before! I can't cook - maybe I'd better learn soon :confused: But I'm too lazy to cook... meh! Yeh my parents aren't gonna get me a fridge cus they got my sister one when she first started - and people ended up using her fridge and she never really used it herself :rolleyes: Don't worry if your mum's food is *lovely* you can be sure I'll nick them! Yum yum :marchmell I'll return empty bowls for you to find in the fridge yeh? I remember I did that with my sister - I was like, 4 or 5 or whatever - I was still in nursery either way! - and I went to school in the morning and my sister went in the afternoon - both schools were half-day ones - and each time my sister would come home to find her sweets all gone and mum would go, "Who ate them?" and I'd very honestly say "I did!" :marchmell Seeeeeeeee, at least I'm honest about it! :p:

Nah stocking up on chocolates etc isn't laughable - it's exactly what me and my sister do whenever we go off to some big Chinese supermarket in London - which is rather rare - or the last time we went back to HK (1998) we bought lots and lots of sweets and crisps and chocolates over Most of the products are Japanese, or others like these sweets that are Swedish, I think, or the French Milka chocolate, none of which you get in England The boxed heart-shaped Milka chocolates are my child-hood favourites I didn't know English back then so I called it "heart-shaped chocolates" I remember my mum asked me once, when I was 6 or something, what would I do if she was ill. I said I'd give her my favourite heart-shaped chocolates :p: not very *practical* but seeing as I was only a kid and was willing to share my favourites, it's something Think my mum was pretty touched lol!

But lol yeh - stocking up isn't laughable at all! - I know how you must feel, as I would loooooove to have some Milka again, or all those childhood sweets I had in HK! However you'll be living in England for the next 3 years, so I'm sure the stocking up will wear off soon enough You planning on staying in England after graduation? Or back to Brazil?
Haha so you also like stocking up on things. I dunno if I should get a fridge...I guess i'd love it if my parents bought one but I have a feeling my room won't have enough space for one.

I was planning on staying a bit in england after I graduate to work and hopefully save up a little. After a while I'll come back hopefully to be around all my old friends and open up a business here. To be honest I wouldn't mind coming back straight away but I need to make some money of my own...my father tells me he'll invest in my businesses etc but you know we always like to have some money of our own. The wonderful thing is £1 = R$5.50. If you want an idea of what that means then here are some examples. £3500 can buy you a very nice brand new car probably with synthetic leather. £150,000 is the cost of building your personally designed mansion in a nice location and yes this includes marble flooring. £30 is the price to eat a delicious meal at a posh French restaurant in São Paulo (big city near where I live) and this meal would include a nice quantity of prawn cocktail, glass of champagne, pasta accompanied with fried foie gras and a petit gateaux for dessert.

As you can see saving up in pounds will give you the life of a king when you come here lol. I am obviously not expecting to earn a load when I graduate but saving £3,500 is enough to buy a brand new ford mondeo and obviously even less for a simpler car...
khil
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Haha so you also like stocking up on things. I dunno if I should get a fridge...I guess i'd love it if my parents bought one but I have a feeling my room won't have enough space for one.

I was planning on staying a bit in england after I graduate to work and hopefully save up a little. After a while I'll come back hopefully to be around all my old friends and open up a business here. To be honest I wouldn't mind coming back straight away but I need to make some money of my own...my father tells me he'll invest in my businesses etc but you know we always like to have some money of our own. The wonderful thing is £1 = R$5.50. If you want an idea of what that means then here are some examples. £3000 can buy you a very nice brand new car probably with synthetic leather. £150,000 is the cost of building your personally designed mansion in a nice location and yes this includes marble flooring. £40 is the price to eat a delicious meal at a posh French restaurant in São Paulo (big city near where I live) and this meal would include a nice quantity of prawn cocktail, glass of champagne, pasta accompanied with fried foie gras and a petit gateaux for dessert.

As you can see saving up in pounds will give you the life of a king when you come here lol. I am obviously not expecting to earn a load when I graduate but saving £3,000 is enough to buy a brand new ford mondeo or something like that...
PHEW... :flute: :flute: Wow maybe I should consider moving to Brazil? :rolleyes: LOL! But seriously - WOW... Yeh saving up in England first is definitely a very smart move! Well saving up would give you a good start to your business either way, and it's something to fall back on as well etc, if it doesn't work out etc.

And wow you're thinking of opening a business? - what sorta buisness? My friends wants to have her own business too lol.

Lol your meals sound a bit like the prices in HK in a way - less dramatic, for sure - but for about £3 my mum got herself a massive meal with a massive drink - whereas in England it'd have cost you some £8 at least, no drinks included :rolleyes:
dan_iel_2000
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
PHEW... :flute: :flute: Wow maybe I should consider moving to Brazil? :rolleyes: LOL! But seriously - WOW... Yeh saving up in England first is definitely a very smart move! Well saving up would give you a good start to your business either way, and it's something to fall back on as well etc, if it doesn't work out etc.

And wow you're thinking of opening a business? - what sorta buisness? My friends wants to have her own business too lol.

Lol your meals sound a bit like the prices in HK in a way - less dramatic, for sure - but for about £3 my mum got herself a massive meal with a massive drink - whereas in England it'd have cost you some £8 at least, no drinks included :rolleyes:
haha HK was pretty cheap yeah...England is very expensive to live in...once you get out you notice that.

I really don't know what type of business it would depend on what I feel the market here is looking for. I had this thing for the hotel business when I was younger but after the twin towers incident that business struggled a lot and many cities are already saturated with hotels. Pizza restaurants are in abundance here so thats another example of something the market is saturated with. I would probably be doing a service rather than a product because I'm more of the seeing people smiling type of person haha. My father is starting his own coaching/speech type business so I might help him with that also. After doing 3 years of economics I should know what to do.

Also by working for businesses I should get the feel for working in a company and the experience to build up my own. Yes I think its a great idea to have your money and work as a fall back.
~euarne~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Indian microwavable curry is eugh – especially after mum’s cooking, yummm! I like those micro burgers, but only as last resort! They don’t get crunchy if you heat them for the specified time Iris, which usually is about 70 seconds. 10 minutes I would like to try and see what it comes out as!

I miss the junk food of India. It’s everywhere. And its quite amazing too, I mean you got to find the nice places and I tag along with my cousins and we have discovered some great places over time…going in summer 2006 (hopefully)! Can’t waitttt…

I like crime too, but I not any authors specifically. I have read Lee Child, PJ Tracey, Grisham, Patterson, Higgins, Cook and the likes! Although Cook is a combination – bio-crime (although some of the things are a bit, ahem, illogical )

I am trying to read some Bill Bryson, haven’t read him since I read The Short History of Nearly Everything! I can’t just help but like his amazing writings…“English is a dazzlingly idiosyncratic tongue..”. SO SO SO, brilliant - although I don’t know which one to read first :rolleyes: .
dan_iel_2000
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~euarne~)
Indian microwavable curry is eugh – especially after mum’s cooking, yummm! I like those micro burgers, but only as last resort! They don’t get crunchy if you heat them for the specified time Iris, which usually is about 70 seconds. 10 minutes I would like to try and see what it comes out as!

I miss the junk food of India. It’s everywhere. And its quite amazing too, I mean you got to find the nice places and I tag along with my cousins and we have discovered some great places over time…going in summer 2006 (hopefully)! Can’t waitttt…

I like crime too, but I not any authors specifically. I have read Lee Child, PJ Tracey, Grisham, Patterson, Higgins, Cook and the likes! Although Cook is a combination – bio-crime (although some of the things are a bit, ahem, illogical )

I am trying to read some Bill Bryson, haven’t read him since I read The Short History of Nearly Everything! I can’t just help but like his amazing writings…“English is a dazzlingly idiosyncratic tongue..”. SO SO SO, brilliant - although I don’t know which one to read first :rolleyes: .
Hehe ok I better try the hamburger thing then...its just the idea of microwaving a hamburger sounds gross. Yeah real indian food is so much better but the microwave ones aren't as terrible as you would imagine at first. If your lacking time to actually cook with all those spices then its not a bad option. I'm going to miss all the fruits here...england has some good fruits but no one eats them for breakfast so I doubt we'll get served some for breakfast on campus. Instead we'll have eggs, bacon and bread and ceareal...which are great I like them but I can't stand eating it every day. Guess I'm a little fussy with food...my motto must be "Variety is best" when it comes to these things.
Fa|ique
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I actually love cooking. But the thought of worrying about what to cook for my next meal, and budgeting for groceries, and all that crap made me make up my mind that I'd be going for catered accomodation. I mean, I need to concentrate on studying, not whether to make aglio olio or marinara...
exuclboy
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by RedKingRising)
I just spent the day in Nottingham going around ALL the halls. It's quite suprising really. I was expecting the best stuff to be on Uni Park but the nicer rooms are in the self-catered blocks.

If anyone wants to know anything, while its fresh in my mind. Speak up.
Yes please. Im gonna go there (maybe) for 2006 entry for Eco. But i havent visited it yet.
So i have a few questions:

How far (bus/walk?) is the uni from the nottingham train station?

How much for an en-suite room?
How much are shred rooms roughly?

Ive heard of this 'univeristy park' thingy, but does this mean everyone is located on one big campus?

Is there a large Asian population at Nottingham?

Whats the surrounding area like?

Thats all i can think of at the moment. thanx.
98cesc
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by exuclboy)
Yes please. Im gonna go there (maybe) for 2006 entry for Eco. But i havent visited it yet.

Ive heard of this 'univeristy park' thingy, but does this mean everyone is located on one big campus?

Hi, I,ve got a conditional offer to study Economics starting this September. So if you've got any other questions fell free to ask.

Right, basically Nottingham is made up three UK campuses and a fourth campus, in Malaysia. Of the three UK campuses, two are in Nottingham and one is slightly further away. One of the two more central campuses and by far the largest of all three is University Park. This is where almost all lectures and other stuff take place and is where you'll ffind most students.

The train station is a 10 minute bus ride from Nottingham train station. The distance is supposed to be about 3 miles, but I don't really understand miles so don't take my word for it.

In University Park en suite rooms cost £4294 and shared rooms £2620. Check this link for other options: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/crs/stud...accommodation/

I don't know about the Asian population in particular but it's meant to be a pretty multicultural place so I would imagine there would be quite a few Asians. Even if there aren't I don't think it would really be a problem.

As for the surrounding area, there are loads of debates about this at the moment. Nottingham is meant to have pretty high levels of crime, but most students claim they haven't experienced any. It seems that the only people who really suffer from this are those directly involved in the crime scene. I.e those in gangs etc.

Hope this has been helpful.
~euarne~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe ok I better try the hamburger thing then...its just the idea of microwaving a hamburger sounds gross. Yeah real indian food is so much better but the microwave ones aren't as terrible as you would imagine at first. If your lacking time to actually cook with all those spices then its not a bad option. I'm going to miss all the fruits here...england has some good fruits but no one eats them for breakfast so I doubt we'll get served some for breakfast on campus. Instead we'll have eggs, bacon and bread and ceareal...which are great I like them but I can't stand eating it every day. Guess I'm a little fussy with food...my motto must be "Variety is best" when it comes to these things.

I hear they give you packed lunch and that usually is pretty good - as in stuff you wouldnt expect at university! Yogurt, fruits, sandwiches and things like that. As for fruits I guess you could buy some and stock those in your room along with the sweet nibbles. Egg and bacon is ok, for once a week...everyday would be a bit excessive.
~euarne~
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by exuclboy)

98cesc has given you most of the information anyway. I would just like to add that the Asian population is quite large. For instance it has the largest Chinese student population in the country. Also there is a pretty big and busy Asian society and from my couple of visits to the place it is quite cosmopolitan.

Surrounding area, well it is like most other cities. Got a city centre shopping row and you would be spoilt for choice (well, it isnt like London!). The bars and pubs are full of students and those usually provide discounts! Also the clubs are pretty awesome and cater for most music tastes. As for crime, all cities have those. Just avoid the doggy bits at night and I think you would be fine! Apart from that it has one of the prettiest campuses (without tourists), easily accessible and has an excellent reputation as an institute!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (193)
54.99%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (49)
13.96%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (40)
11.4%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (21)
5.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.27%

Watched Threads