A level biology exams are sexist Watch

This discussion is closed.
bleeper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Seriously they are, how are us men supposed to multitask. i did a mock involving counting bulbs and on how enzymes work and it would be a great skill to multitask. I realise i probably sound really sexist.
Steph!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
okaaaay... am I the only one that didn't make much sense to? :confused:
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Weirdo!
bleeper
Rep:
?
THe exams do not give you enough time and you are supposed to multitask something whomen are better at.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bleeper)
THe exams do not give you enough time and you are supposed to multitask something whomen are better at.
Not true. I'm probably the worst person at multitasking in my entire class, and I'm a woman! I'm pretty good at Bio, but I'm rotten at its application... I get extra time on my exams and I'm still worse at multitasking than anyone else. Not sexist, just misinformed...
Steph!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what do you mean about multitasking in bio exams? You sit there and answer questions, it's not like you have to do a headstand at the same time....
bleeper
Rep:
?
Sorry i meant to write biology practical exams.
forbidden_fruit
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Although yes some research has found women can multitask better than men, the biology practicals involve such easy multitasking that this would have no effect anyway. Practicals often involve doing a task whilst leaving another task (cutting seeds whilst other seeds in water bath boiling), which isn't actually multitasking anyway because you only have to focus on one thing at a time, although there may be many things to be done during the whole practical.

If you think you are going to do badly i'm sorry but your gonna need a better excuse than that.
Steph!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bleeper)
Sorry i meant to write biology practical exams.
aaaaahh! that makes a bit more sense, yeah multitasking is rather handy!
rbxrbx
Report 13 years ago
Especially when it comes to the menstrual cycle
Steph!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rbxrbx)
Especially when it comes to the menstrual cycle
not reeeally, we don't know when what hormones are released and what they do. That's equally hard to learn if you are male or female.
Mimo
Report 13 years ago
If you believe that you can multitask, then you can!
I know it sounds lame but it's so true. I think the only reason that things like 'only women can mulitask' comes about it because people have come to believe it, consequently and unconsciously 'stereotyping' themselves into it. I don't believe in it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (904)
79.93%
Leave (227)
20.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed