Turn on thread page Beta

Is Losing Your Virginty Overrated? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    people who have sex outside of marriage will burn in hell

MB

ReputationRep:
    aren't some ppl born without a hymen?! how do u know if u've broken urs?.....will u necessarily bleed when it breaks?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    people who have sex outside of marriage will burn in hell

MB
    Well then thats the majority of the UK population our age. I guess I'll see most of you there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    aren't some ppl born without a hymen?! how do u know if u've broken urs?.....will u necessarily bleed when it breaks?!
    It does bleed, but alot of girls break it using tampons so don't really notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    It does bleed, but alot of girls break it using tampons so don't really notice.
    I think the hymen is also broken during fingering if it hasn't been broken before.

ReputationRep:
    oh crap, well mine must still be intact, lol. hmmm......i've been fingered before though but there wasn't blood and it was painful even though he didn't go very far.
    Not necessarily, there are loads of ways to break it and not even notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    there's really no way of telling short of having an invasive examination!
    Which would probably break it if it wasn't broken before!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    Which would probably break it if it wasn't broken before!!
    Yup - I also heard that just doing regular physical activity can break it. Horse riding certainly does - that could explain why women used to sit sideways on horses - so they wouldn't break their hymen and be seen as 'tainted'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellz)
    Yup - I also heard that just doing regular physical activity can break it. Horse riding certainly does - that could explain why women used to sit sideways on horses - so they wouldn't break their hymen and be seen as 'tainted'
    Oooh, I never realised that before. I just thought it wasn't seen as 'ladylike'...lol now I know why!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellz)
    I have no idea how I kept mine in tact, I rode for 10 years, but didn't break it til I was with my first boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    I have no idea how I kept mine in tact, I rode for 10 years, but didn't break it til I was with my first boyfriend
    Really? Wow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)

oh........hmmm :confused:

ReputationRep:
    oh........hmmm :confused:
    Lol, I obviously wasn't doing it properly!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    "breaking it" isn't really an extreme. your first time with your b/f could still have hurt you even though you may have torn it a little from riding

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Ive met anybody in real life who has said to me "my first time was amazing, the best sex of my life." - but there is a good range of other reactions, from "It was like torture!" to "I really enjoyed it". A lot of us didnt have an amazing time, but werent miserable about it either.
    It's not overrated, in that its very special, and shouldnt be lost with just anyone, but it is overrated if you are expecting it to be the best thing in the world ever. If we could go back and be virgins in body, we wouldnt be virgins in personality, so it might be better than the first time because we could relax and enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    enough of the bloody vagina talk, please,

ReputationRep:
    Even if it is painful its only once, and if you wait forever because you are afraid of the pain then you'll end up wishing you'd done it sooner.

Personally I think girls who hype it up, get hotel rooms, candles and the whole works are setting themselves up for a disappointment. It will be something you remember regardless of how you do it, and you're better off saving the hotel room for when you're more practised and can make better use of it!

It is worth waiting for someone with whom it feels right - and by that I don't mean you have to be in love with them. You know when you are doing stuff and its getting more heated and you really want more? Then it's right. For some people you have to be in love to get that feeling, but that's different for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    Honestly - you'd think all men walked around post-devirginising someone looking like they'd murdered someone with their winky.

I think it's pretty sad that such blatant exaggeration can put people off having sex.
    dont they feel bad causing all that pain to a lady

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellz)
    Well then thats the majority of the UK population our age. I guess I'll see most of you there :rolleyes:
    Hell's great - you get nice warm fires, you can sun bath all day and cook your food over the open fire - man, i wanna go to hell NOW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benieam)
    what do you think?
    Depends on the circumstances under which one loses it.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.