Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you do law at university, do you have to write a lot of essays? anyone know approxamately how many a week say? Thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAD)
    If you do law at university, do you have to write a lot of essays? anyone know approxamately how many a week say? Thanx
    i want to do law,forget essays, i dont even know what subjects to take for Alevels yet...

ReputationRep:
    It depends which uni you go too. Most unis have a lot of reading per week for lectures seminars etc. But some unis such as Oxford I believe have at least one essay per week. I am doing a law conversion course and I have about 60 hours of work per week which is mainly reading and lectures I have 2 essays a term for most subjects but I have some that are 100% exam dont know how that varys for undergrads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    i want to do law,forget essays, i dont even know what subjects to take for Alevels yet...
    Heh. Are you going through the stage of looking at all the diferent a-levels and thinking 'ooh i want to that one and that one and that one and I've always wanted to do latin and further maths and etc'
    I think I must have considered doing every single A-level available before selcting a final 4 (one day before I was due to start ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    If you want to do Law you can take pretty much any A-levels.. (but not Law) so just choose the ones you enjoy

ReputationRep:
    my friend next door to me in my block is doing law and shes just having a bit of a panick about the huge quantity of work due for 2moro. From what shes said the lawyers seem to have lots of reading and spend lots of time in the library going over cases. Although what surprised me was how little lectures they actually have. i'm a lowely arts student and i have abou double the lectures she has. What happened to arts subjects being a doss?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.